Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sharpshooter

Sikh Woman Defends Facial Hair After Photo Goes Viral

250 posts in this topic

This would be a great response if you had called it stupid. But you didn't you called it gross.

And there is nothing respectful about saying either.

At least when Sharpshooter rips on religion, he doesn't pretend he's being nice about it.

So respecting someone else's freedom and individuality is foregoing your own freedom to form an opinion of what they look like? Only in Sharpshooter's world.

Also, only in Sharpshooter's world does he reference the bold as some possible scenario when it's something he's already done. :lol:

I agree with the argument Sharpshooter is trying to make. But with that said.... Jeez, this one is a hard one.

She's a nasty man-lady??

How could anyone possibly confuse the lack of respect for her shown by you by saying that?

I respect people I don't find attractive. I show that respect by not calling them gross man-ladies on the internet.

BTW: Aladeen.

So what you're saying is, that you cannot respect a person, yet at the same time find them extremely unattractive?

Do you think she's attractive?

Why or why not?

You must have an opinion on the matter and I would like to hear it.

Compare and Contrast Essay

by thushara1996 in Uncategorized

The Never Ending Battle: Looks vs. Personality

Physical beauty and inner beauty are both appealing traits, which have been fighting a continuous battle for the throne. Some let physical beauty win over inner beauty, and others let inner beauty win over physical beauty, and very few have both- but in their hearts, one is still slightly above the other. Physical beauty is exterior beauty, which is pleasing to the eye. Inner beauty relates to an individual’s personality and character traits, which are pleasing to the heart.

Though physical beauty and inner beauty are made to seen as being worlds apart, they do have some surprising similarities. First and foremost, contrary to common belief, physical beauty and inner beauty- can be acquired later in a person’s life. As a person grows older and develops into a more mature and wise individual, their inner beauty may increase due to their years of experience. The same can be said for physical beauty; a person may develop attractive features as they get older or simply change the way they dress or look as they mature, which might increase their physical beauty. Both physical beauty and inner beauty, unfortunately, do not necessarily have to last forever- as you age, your physical beauty may decrease because of the loss of a youthful appearance. Inner beauty also does not have to last forever, as your personality goes through many changes over your lifetime- for better or for worse. Also, another similarity between physical beauty and inner beauty is that there is no real standard for either, every individual views it differently and has a different opinion on what is their standard of beauty. Different people have different preferences when it comes to a certain type of look or a certain type of personality, so there is no way to have the perfect look or perfect personality, and it is impossible to please everyone. Finally, when a person has inner beauty, it generally translates into physical beauty over the course of time. When inner beauty is present, though your looks may not change, when a person has a beautiful personality, they are beautiful people.

The first difference between physical beauty and inner beauty is that inner beauty by itself is enough for other people, but physical beauty has to be accompanied by inner beauty, or else it is a waste. It is impossible to rely solely on your looks to get others to genuinely like you. Whereas, with personality, it does not always need anything to accompany it, as it is good enough by itself. Secondly, although looks seem to get more attention than personality, this is in some cases true, but almost always, personality is what keeps the attention. Physical beauty may give someone their fifteen minutes of fame, but inner beauty gives someone a lifetime of ‘fame’. Lastly, though all human beings are vain up to a certain extent, more importance should be paid to inner beauty rather than physical beauty, because all humans also have a need for love- the genuine kind.

Physical beauty and inner beauty are two completely different things, but they do share some similarities, as well as differences. As every different person has a different opinion about these two forms of beauty, it is hard to say which one everyone gives more importance to, but most people can appreciate inner beauty because it is relatable and genuine. Though both physical beauty and inner beauty do not always last forever, enjoy it while you can, but do not take advantage of it. Physical beauty may have its perks, but inner beauty is more reliable and its advantages in the long run are far better.

Just a perspective .. physical beauty is a fleeting thing, while inner beauty is forever, if you are allowed to nurture it wisely ..

I think she's a beautiful person in spite of her superficial appearance because intelligence, humility, dignity, confidence, bravery, honesty, vulnerability, eloquence, class, openness, positivity, are attributes that are universally and inherently attractive, and Balpreet seems to have these qualities in large supply.

Charhdi Kala is an important expression and a central idea in Sikhism for a mind frame that a Sikh has to accept, acquire and practise. Historically, in Punjabi, it is synonymous to "resilience" and is an expression encouraging strength in the face of fear or pain. It loosely means having a “positive, buoyant and optimistic” attitude to life and to the future. Always to be – in "high spirits", "ever progressive", "forward looking", "always evolving," etc. are some other terms used to describe this state of mind. It reflects a focused and clear mental state of a Sikh based on an undying dedication to and contentment with the Will of God. In the face of fear or pain - stay dutiful, stay focused, fulfill your obligations.

Sikhism dictates that Sikhs believe in the Will of God (Bhana) and that God is without enemies (Nirvair) and is always merciful. Hence acceptance of his Will is in the interest of and for the benefit of His Creation, even if at times one suffers severe hardship. This attitude of "Chardi Kala" is to allow one to sail through the ups and downs of life with as little harm as possible to the individual. To join and help others in their hour of need is part of this “Chardi Kala” spirit.

The Sikhs are a unique spirit-born people believing in Guru Nanak’s basic concepts of “Work, Worship and Charity” and “Gurmukh, Naam, Daan, Ishnan.” Naam refers to the Power, the Energy, the Universal Cosmic Life Force and the vibrant manifestation of God in creation.

Chardi Kala indicates the elation or high spirits of Sikhism. Chardi Kala, meaning “the positive attitude” is an equivalence of a mind that never despairs, never admits defeat and refuses to be crushed by adversities. It is the cherished ideal mood which the Gurus have preached and for which a Sikh daily prays in his Ardas (Prayer). “Nanak Naam Chardi Kala, tere bhane’Sarbaht dah Phahla

So she is beautful in spite of her physical appearance.

What would make you have to use the term, "in spite"?

It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that she is a woman with facial hair would it?

So I take it then you find her physically unattractive, yet you insist on attacking people who voice the same opinion, just in different terms?

I'm sure most people would no rather be called unattractive or ugly than they would want to be called gross.

Charhdi Kala is an important expression and a central idea in Sikhism for a mind frame that a Sikh has to accept, acquire and practise. Historically, in Punjabi, it is synonymous to "resilience" and is an expression encouraging strength in the face of fear or pain. It loosely means having a “positive, buoyant and optimistic” attitude to life and to the future. Always to be – in "high spirits", "ever progressive", "forward looking", "always evolving," etc. are some other terms used to describe this state of mind. It reflects a focused and clear mental state of a Sikh based on an undying dedication to and contentment with the Will of God. In the face of fear or pain - stay dutiful, stay focused, fulfill your obligations.

Sikhism dictates that Sikhs believe in the Will of God (Bhana) and that God is without enemies (Nirvair) and is always merciful. Hence acceptance of his Will is in the interest of and for the benefit of His Creation, even if at times one suffers severe hardship. This attitude of "Chardi Kala" is to allow one to sail through the ups and downs of life with as little harm as possible to the individual. To join and help others in their hour of need is part of this “Chardi Kala” spirit.

The Sikhs are a unique spirit-born people believing in Guru Nanak’s basic concepts of “Work, Worship and Charity” and “Gurmukh, Naam, Daan, Ishnan.” Naam refers to the Power, the Energy, the Universal Cosmic Life Force and the vibrant manifestation of God in creation.

Chardi Kala indicates the elation or high spirits of Sikhism. Chardi Kala, meaning “the positive attitude” is an equivalence of a mind that never despairs, never admits defeat and refuses to be crushed by adversities. It is the cherished ideal mood which the Gurus have preached and for which a Sikh daily prays in his Ardas (Prayer). “Nanak Naam Chardi Kala, tere bhane’Sarbaht dah Phahla

I used the phrase, "in spite of" in the manner I did in order to state that she was beautiful despite or notwithstanding her superficial appearance, which by the way, I didn't qualitatively describe as attractive or unattractive....now did I?

You made the illogical leap to conclude that I don't, before asking whether I found her physically attractive on your own.

Look, you're not smarter than I am. I recognized the lazy leading questions for what they were, which were an attempt for you to see if you could trip me up or catch me in some verbal hypocrisy in order to score some cheap debate point by drawing your own follow-up question which would lead to a faulty premise. which would lead to a faulty conclusive assertion. And when I didn't bite, you parsed and misinterpreted my words without seeking clarification or understanding before arriving at your desired argumentative and preconceived conclusion.

Had you simply asked me if I found her physically attractive, I could have saved you the weak attempt at playing Matlock, but you didn't, you asked a question, answered it yourself, then made a leap towards a conclusion and a premeditated assertion.

You asked me if I found her attractive and I answered you, well aware of what you were attempting at doing.

This is what usually happens, when engaged in a battle of wits, as you tend to want to bring your knife to the gunfight.

Then do you find her physically attractive?

I want a simple yes or no answer, not a tip toeing around so that when a response comes back to you you can find a way to go back and say that isn't what you were saying.

Usually when a person tries this hard to avoid answering a simple question there is a reason. I'm curious to find out what yours is.

Sharpshooter prefers women with as much facial hair as him.

You just don't get it, do you? Your lack of comprehension is only outdone by your deliberate obtuseness. Not to mention your lack of recognition that you've been schooled..........royally........by one of the very best.

:lol: