The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sikh Woman Defends Facial Hair After Photo Goes Viral

Sharpshooter

Because you have a childish understanding. It's not your fault, you're simply ignorant of the unknown.

But, the reason I set out the warning was because childish reaction posts, such as yours, would detract from the issue being put forth, namely, Balpreet's handling of the situation and the affect it had on others.

You completely skipped that part and went for the childish reactionary tact. Did you not have anything more intelligent to respond with other that 'Eww, that's gross'? You leave little doubt thus far. But, as you've admitted to already, you knew you'd get a reaction, and that's what you got....congrats.

Ironically, the guy who reacted similarly as you, and who went on to laugh at her as well, learned much more and grew much more as a person than you seemed to have, by defending your childish response as legitimate. It may be legitimate on the playground, but perhaps not so much in a thread that's trying to celebrate the best of a person regardless of their initial reactions seeking to laugh at another's expense or the physical appearance of another used as the butt of the joke.

Maybe when you grow up one day you'll know what it is i'm speaking to.

You don't have to admire her for anything, if you don't want to. Many people, including myself, admire her ability to turn a potentially scarring and embarassing situation into one that showed the strength of her character and the eloquence, courage and dignity in the way she addressed those seeking to ridicule her appearance(not her beliefs per se).

The Post Script amounted simply to an author's perogative to critique the subject he's editorializing. If you'd rather discuss that critique than the physical attributes that started the event or her remarkable handling of that critique, then be my guest.

Ageist.

The 'positive message' is a charade to cover up SS's constant antitheistic undertone, which was outlined directly by his post-script. Not sure how that went over your head. Like i said, 'no Sikh? No thread.' But i guess 'no woman? No BB in thread' also applies. ;)

If you guys want to setup a pseudo-mod trap, nobody's biting but Torts anyway. I'm bored. I guess everyone else is too.

Because you have a childish understanding. It's not your fault, you're simply ignorant of the unknown.

But, the reason I set out the warning was because childish reaction posts, such as yours, would detract from the issue being put forth, namely, Balpreet's handling of the situation and the affect it had on others.

You completely skipped that part and went for the childish reactionary tact. Did you not have anything more intelligent to respond with other that 'Eww, that's gross'? You leave little doubt thus far. But, as you've admitted to already, you knew you'd get a reaction, and that's what you got....congrats.

Ironically, the guy who reacted similarly as you, and who went on to laugh at her as well, learned much more and grew much more as a person than you seemed to have, by defending your childish response as legitimate. It may be legitimate on the playground, but perhaps not so much in a thread that's trying to celebrate the best of a person regardless of their initial reactions seeking to laugh at another's expense or the physical appearance of another used as the butt of the joke.

Maybe when you grow up one day you'll know what it is i'm speaking to.

:lol:

I think a woman with facial hair is gross therefore I have a child's understanding? You're an idiot. Well, perhaps you think women with facial hair is attractive but I evidently do not. I know bloody well why she does it. And I don't care why she does it. She can do whatever the hell she wants. It also doesn't bother her and she has a better understanding of herself. That's just fantastic! That still doesn't detract from the point that women with facial hair is incredibly unattractive by just about everyone's standards. Certainly in the western world anyway.

If you don't like the simple yet completely valid response from people on a public forum, hit the ignore button, cry baby. But you wont. You obviously enjoy arguing with people. You're here doing it all day long.

- Post Script.....because I think it has to be pointed out. As much as I admire Balpreet, and as much as one human can admire the example of another I do, at the end of the day she reminds me that religious extremists come in many forms and flavours. Not ever cutting any hair off your body because of a covenant made with a supernatural being, who didn't ask you to in the first place, simply demonstrates, that though some religious people may be as sweet as candy and amazing, they're still extremists and fanatics....and the world would be better off with the riddance of all forms of religious extremism...even the benign ones. I hope that as she transcends the hate, we as a species will eventually transcend the grip of fanatical and extreme religiousity.

Ageist.

The 'positive message' is a charade to cover up SS's constant antitheistic undertone, which was outlined directly by his post-script. Not sure how that went over your head. Like i said, 'no Sikh? No thread.' But i guess 'no woman? No BB in thread' also applies. ;)

If you guys want to setup a pseudo-mod trap, nobody's biting but Torts anyway. I'm bored. I guess everyone else is too.

What one may perceive as extremism, another might perceive as dedication, even simple happiness. We all have our own calling in life, let everyone be as they are, as this lady is doing. If you stop imposing your beliefs on the world around you, you may find that happiness too.

Archived