#151 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

I would, but it isn't worth my time.

I just plus'd him because I agreed with everything he wrote, and didn't have the time to write an essay myself.

Arguing isn't a job of mine, unlike some of you.

Which is what an intellectual leech would say. Let others argue for you, so you don't have to stand for or defend anything yourself. It's not time that you don't have enough of rather it seems it's the ability to proffer a cogent argument. Either because you're incapable or you're too cowardly to do so.

It's easy to call every discussion an argument, pejoratively, in order to find the excuse to avoid one, which is why I gather you avoid putting forth any of your own thoughts in cause of furthering an attempt at participating in the discussion, other than to claim someone else's work as representative of your own with a simple plus.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#152 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,486 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

I would, but it isn't worth my time.

I just plus'd him because I agreed with everything he wrote, and didn't have the time to write an essay myself.

Arguing isn't a job of mine, unlike some of you.

don't have the time to sit here typing up condescending hot air for hours each and every day?

you ain't no intellect
Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#153 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

So you expect me to type up essays in the middle of class? I've just been browsing on here.

Seems as if you guys have all the time in the world..

#154 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

But some people have time for a drive-by shot. How very, very, very intellectual. The usual passive/aggressive BS, no surprise there.

So you expect me to type up essays in the middle of class? I've just been browsing on here.

Perhaps concentrating on classes would help you learn the ability to put your own thoughts into a response instead of borrowing the words and opinions of others? Just asking.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 27 September 2012 - 01:55 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#155 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

Intellectual eh?

Wrong message board.

#156 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,486 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

Intellectual eh?

Wrong message board.

buzzword for the miserable

an attempt to justify a life committed to negativity
Posted Image

#157 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

But some people have time for a drive-by shot. How very, very, very intellectual.

Perhaps concentrating on classes would help you learn the ability to put your own thoughts into a response instead of borrowing the words and opinions of others? Just asking.

how about you answer my question from the previous page and then i'll think about answering yours.

#158 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

Pay attention in class then and stop spending valuable time arguing about not having the time to formulate critical thought into critical writing and actually spend the time in class learning how to formulate critical thinking and critical writing skills.

Edited by Sharpshooter, 27 September 2012 - 01:51 PM.

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#159 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

how about you answer my question from the previous page and then i'll think about answering yours.

It was a rhetorical question, no response is/was expected.

And I don't answer off topic questions that had nothing to do with the post you were responding to. Your intentions were clearly revealed in your asking of it. Not going to play that stupid, silly and juvenile game with you.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 27 September 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#160 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

Trolololololololol

#161 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

It was a rhetorical question, no response is/was expected.

And I don't answer off topic questions that had nothing to do with the post you were responding to.

As expected.

#162 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

don't have the time to sit here typing up condescending hot air for hours each and every day?

you ain't no intellect

I wonder if he has the time to spend time pretentiously reviewing his 'songs and albums of the year' while popping out and away from those threads long enough to passive-aggressively make equally condescending remarks not aimed at the person he's addressing?

#163 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,486 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

I wonder if he has the time to spend time pretentiously reviewing his 'songs and albums of the year' while popping out and away from those threads long enough to passive-aggressively make equally condescending remarks not aimed at the person he's addressing?

i enjoy listening to and discussing music, my "reviews" are rarely longer than three sentences, and i'm generally more interested in the discussion, rather than the declaration of (my own) opinion.

you've decided to spend your declining years in a constant state of condescension on an internet forum

nice try, old man
Posted Image

#164 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

i enjoy listening to and discussing music, my "reviews" are rarely longer than three sentences, and i'm generally more interested in the discussion, rather than the declaration of (my own) opinion.

you've decided to spend your declining years in a constant state of condescension on an internet forum

nice try, old man

LMFAO!!! Posted Image "Declining years" "Old man"

It seems anytime anyone disagrees with you, calls you out on the truths of your behavior here or it's someone you are incapable of matching wits with, it's all about being old and crotchety......*taking notes*

Hey Sharp........I'm riding my bike on your lawn! Nah,nah, nah, nah, nah! :P

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 27 September 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#165 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,486 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

LMFAO!!! Posted Image "Declining years" "Old man"

It seems anytime anyone disagrees with you, calls you out on the truths of your behavior here or it's someone you are incapable of matching wits with, it's all about being old and crotchety......*taking notes*

when do people disagree with me? i don't come here to discuss politics. nobody here knows anything of my beliefs, personal life, or attitude towards anything beyond art. so what are you talking about? i mean, D Money disagreed with my assesment of OK Computer, but uhh, nothing really came of it.

when have i ever been in denial about my behaviour, either? i literally make posts about dumping my girlfriend because she said a player was attractive. god, i hope none of you are on to me!

who have i ever described as "old and crotchety" in my 9 years on this website, before sharpshooter decided to spam this forum for 8 hours a day and two hours a night?
Posted Image

#166 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

Anyways, back on topic.

Reddit Users Attempt to Shame Sikh Woman, Get Righteously Schooled

A Reddit user going by the handle "european_douchebag" posted a surreptitious photo of a Sikh woman with the caption "i'm not sure what to conclude from this." The user's apparent confusion stems from the fact that the woman—bound by her religion not to cut her hair or alter her body—has an abundance of dark, untrimmed facial hair. The mind of european_douchebag was SO INCREDIBLY BLOWN by the fact that women have hair on their bodies—and, yes, faces—and that some women are bold, self-assured, and pious enough not to cave to western beauty standards (and gender expectations), there was nothing for him to do but post her photo online and wait for the abuse to flood in.

But then something totally lovely and unexpected happened. The woman in the photo responded:

Hey, guys. This is Balpreet Kaur, the girl from the picture. I actually didn't know about this until one of my friends told on facebook. If the OP wanted a picture, they could have just asked and I could have smiled :) However, I'm not embarrased or even humiliated by the attention [negative and positve] that this picture is getting because, it's who I am. Yes, I'm a baptized Sikh woman with facial hair. Yes, I realize that my gender is often confused and I look different than most women. However, baptized Sikhs believe in the sacredness of this body - it is a gift that has been given to us by the Divine Being [which is genderless, actually] and, must keep it intact as a submission to the divine will. Just as a child doesn't reject the gift of his/her parents, Sikhs do not reject the body that has been given to us. By crying 'mine, mine' and changing this body-tool, we are essentially living in ego and creating a seperateness between ourselves and the divinity within us. By transcending societal views of beauty, I believe that I can focus more on my actions. My attitude and thoughts and actions have more value in them than my body because I recognize that this body is just going to become ash in the end, so why fuss about it? When I die, no one is going to remember what I looked like, heck, my kids will forget my voice, and slowly, all physical memory will fade away. However, my impact and legacy will remain: and, by not focusing on the physical beauty, I have time to cultivate those inner virtues and hopefully, focus my life on creating change and progress for this world in any way I can. So, to me, my face isn't important but the smile and the happiness that lie behind the face are. :-) So, if anyone sees me at OSU, please come up and say hello. I appreciate all of the comments here, both positive and less positive because I've gotten a better understanding of myself and others from this. Also, the yoga pants are quite comfortable and the Better Together tshirt is actually from Interfaith Youth Core, an organization that focuses on storytelling and engagement between different faiths. :) I hope this explains everything a bit more, and I apologize for causing such confusion and uttering anything that hurt anyone.

And then, THEN, something even more miraculous happened—the original poster apologized:

I know that this post ISN'T a funny post but I felt the need to apologize to the Sikhs, Balpreet, and anyone else I offended when I posted that picture. Put simply it was stupid. Making fun of people is funny to some but incredibly degrading to the people you're making fun of. It was an incredibly rude, judgmental, and ignorant thing to post.

/r/Funny wasn't the proper place to post this. Maybe /r/racism or /r/douchebagsofreddit or /r/intolerance would have been more appropriate. Reddit shouldn't be about putting people down, but a group of people sending cool, interesting, or funny things. Reddit's been in the news alot lately about a lot of cool things we've done, like a freaking AMA by the president. I'm sorry for being the part of reddit that is intolerant and douchebaggy. This isn't 4chan, or 9gag, or some other stupid website where people post things like I did. It's ???? reddit. Where some pretty amazing stuff has happened.

I've read more about the Sikh faith and it was actually really interesting. It makes a whole lot of sense to work on having a legacy and not worrying about what you look like. I made that post for stupid internet points and I was ignorant.

So reddit I'm sorry for being an asshole and for giving you negative publicity.

Balpreet, I'm sorry for being a closed minded individual. You are a much better person than I am

Sikhs, I'm sorry for insulting your culture and way of life.

Balpreet's faith in what she believes is astounding.

Holy sh*t, internet, I don't even know you anymore! I never thought something would come out of the seeping necrotic abscess that is Reddit that would actually make my day better, but wow. MY HEART GREW THREE SIZES THIS DAY.

http://jezebel.com/5...eously-schooled

This Girl Went Viral–And Schooled Everyone!

Balpreet Kaur probably had a pretty awkward start to her week. She was photographed recently, not to her knowledge, while waiting in line at her college library–and then the photo was posted in Reddit’s “Funny” section with the backhanded caption, “I’m not sure what to conclude from this.” Ouch!

Balpreet didn’t even know about any of it until a pal on Facebook told her that, “Well, hey! You’re on Reddit!” She received a lot of ignorant and mean-spirited comments, both about her outfit (with which we don’t see a problem whatsoever–who hasn’t worn yoga pants and a tee around campus?), her turban, and, most of all, her facial hair.

While we’re not that used to seeing that much facial hair on women and girls in Western society, where we’re pretty much urged to pluck, bleach, wax, buff, and shave every inch of our bodies and faces, Balpreet Kaur is au naturale–and honestly, it’s a pretty refreshing statement not only about the vanity of society, but also of her own faith.

Balpreet is a baptized Sikh, and when she found out that her photo was posted on Reddit, she actually replied to it and gracefully, tactfully, and respectfully slayed all of her naysayers. “I’m not embarrassed or even humiliated by the attention (negative and positive) that this picture is getting because it’s who I am,” she said simply. “Yes, I’m a baptized Sikh woman with facial hair. Yes, I realize that my gender is often confused and I look different than most women. However, baptized Sikhs believe in the sacredness of this body – it is a gift that has been given to us by the Divine Being (which is genderless, actually) and, must keep it intact as a submission to the divine will.” Bam!

She explains further why it’s pointless to point out her differences–because, well, she has better things to do than tweeze. She’s just happy her body works. “Just as a child doesn’t reject the gift of his/her parents, Sikhs do not reject the body that has been given to us. By crying ‘mine, mine’ and changing this body-tool, we are essentially living in ego and creating a separateness between ourselves and the divinity within us,” she explained. “By transcending societal views of beauty, I believe that I can focus more on my actions. My attitude and thoughts and actions have more value in them than my body because I recognize that this body is just going to become ash in the end, so why fuss about it? When I die, no one is going to remember what I looked like, heck, my kids will forget my voice, and slowly, all physical memory will fade away. However, my impact and legacy will remain, and, by not focusing on the physical beauty, I have time to cultivate those inner virtues and hopefully, focus my life on creating change and progress for this world in any way I can. So, to me, my face isn’t important but the smile and the happiness that lie behind the face are.”

She even told everyone about why she–and a lot of others–wears a turban, writing, “Wearing turbans for women is a sign of inner strength and empowerment because we, too, are equal to Sikh men. Sikhism advocates total equality for both genders (the only difference between them are the last names) and therefore, it is okay, however rare the occurrence, for a woman to adorn herself with the turban just like her male counterparts.”

Alright haters, how about some aloe for that burn?

Balpreet Kaur’s maturity and spiritual steadfastness are so freakin’ awesome, and a lot of people took to Reddit to respond to her and give her the props she was most definitely due. Anyone who’s spent even a minute on any sort of commenting forum (except Gurl, obviously, because you guys are smart, lovely, classy and amazing) knows that a lot of bottom feeders and jerks come out and bully strangers because they feel invincible with a screen and keyboard between themselves and the world. To not only not be intimidated by that, but also to not stoop to its level in response, shows that Balpreet Kaur may look different from our ideal–but her inner beauty is one standard we should all strive for. You go, girl!

http://www.gurl.com/...al-hair-reddit/

Glad to see men and women from all backgrounds throwing their support behind her and full-throatedly lauding her with their admiration. She deserves every bit of it.

#167 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

Ok few things to clear up about what I said.

1) My bold point about reading what I said as a whole before responding wasn't referring to a specific person. People have taken things I said out of context before, and i was trying to prevent it beforehand. I should've been more clear on that.

2) I agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and agree with most of what sharpshooter said, but I was talking about something else entirely. In my opinion, people are not necessarily calling her "ugly" (some may be) but she is being ostracized for violating a social norm. She is well within her rights to violate that norm, but men who find that disgusting (myself included) do so because of that norm.

3) The pathetic way to argue comment was not about splitting up the argument to deal with it. It was referring to people banking on a emphatic response to an analogy as a means to furthering their argument.

4) When i say excessive hair, I'm talking about people who have a disorder causing them to be literally as hairy as chimps. That is not the case with this person, and i can tell just be looking at the parts of her body which are exposed in the picture.

Are you CRAZY??? Trade Green for ONE first round pick?? He's restricted after this season.... He WILL get an offer sheet for 7-8 million from a number of teams regardless if he plays another minute for us or not. That offer sheet would be worth 4 first round draft choices.

Some fans overrate their players, and then there is this guy.

#168 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

Ok few things to clear up about what I said.

1) My bold point about reading what I said as a whole before responding wasn't referring to a specific person. People have taken things I said out of context before, and i was trying to prevent it beforehand. I should've been more clear on that.

2) I agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and agree with most of what sharpshooter said, but I was talking about something else entirely. In my opinion, people are not necessarily calling her "ugly" (some may be) but she is being ostracized for violating a social norm. She is well within her rights to violate that norm, but men who find that disgusting (myself included) do so because of that norm.

3) The pathetic way to argue comment was not about splitting up the argument to deal with it. It was referring to people banking on a emphatic response to an analogy as a means to furthering their argument.

4) When i say excessive hair, I'm talking about people who have a disorder causing them to be literally as hairy as chimps. That is not the case with this person, and i can tell just be looking at the parts of her body which are exposed in the picture.

That seems to say more about us men than it does about Balpreet. Wouldn't you agree?

#169 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

This story is now on front page of CNN.com.

http://www.cnn.com/

#170 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

Thanks for the post, was a good read :)

And I mean this as a compliment, but she grows better facial hair than I can..

Edited by rebob, 27 September 2012 - 07:32 PM.

#171 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

That seems to say more about us men than it does about Balpreet. Wouldn't you agree?

Well it does. I find societal norms, at least the arbitrary one, to be a strange phenomenon. But both sexes are equally guilty of them, and it takes a bit of self-awareness to recognize when you are conforming to them. You practically have to be enlightened to not have them affect your thinking. I've learned to be a bit more pragmatic when it comes to these issues.

Despite Balpreet's eloquent speech, she also conforms to the her cultural norms, whether she is aware of it or not.

Are you CRAZY??? Trade Green for ONE first round pick?? He's restricted after this season.... He WILL get an offer sheet for 7-8 million from a number of teams regardless if he plays another minute for us or not. That offer sheet would be worth 4 first round draft choices.

Some fans overrate their players, and then there is this guy.

#172 JeremyW

JeremyW

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

Personally, I find it disgusting.

Would I argue that one should or shouldn't shave it? No, that isn't my choice. However, if you are modeling your physical appearance for others then you would abide by what is the social 'norm.' You have no right to complain about the pessimistic views of on-lookers. Neither do you have a right to critise society for finding it disgusting; one culture's view on facial hair is no better than another's.

I cannot explain explicitly why I find it disgusting, but I am sure it has a lot to do with my culture when I was growing up.

#173 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

Just because somebody finds this gross, does not mean that they can't respect her for what she is doing.

Personally, I think it is a little gross, but that is what makes her so worthy of respect, the fact that she can keep going and keep strong despite the criticism from other people.
If what she was doing was perfectly acceptable by society today this wouldn't even be a story. Its the fact that she is standing up to societal norms and showing that she doesn't care what others think that makes her worthy of our respect.
Posted Image

#174 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:28 AM

Just because somebody finds this gross, does not mean that they can't respect her for what she is doing.

Personally, I think it is a little gross, but that is what makes her so worthy of respect, the fact that she can keep going and keep strong despite the criticism from other people.
If what she was doing was perfectly acceptable by society today this wouldn't even be a story. Its the fact that she is standing up to societal norms and showing that she doesn't care what others think that makes her worthy of our respect.

A little gross? She's a friggen nasty man-lady and the religion isn't exactly helping either. Of course, some will confuse opinion about someone's conduct with what someone has the right to do, and/or the respect one has for a person, as Katt Williams put it, "in tune with your star player", meaning respects themselves and doesn't give a damn what anyone else thinks.

#175 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

A little gross? She's a friggen nasty man-lady and the religion isn't exactly helping either.

She's gross because of her religion?
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#176 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

A little gross? She's a friggen nasty man-lady and the religion isn't exactly helping either. Of course, some will confuse opinion about someone's conduct with what someone has the right to do, and/or the respect one has for a person, as Katt Williams put it, "in tune with your star player", meaning respects themselves and doesn't give a damn what anyone else thinks.

She's a nasty man-lady??

How could anyone possibly confuse the lack of respect for her shown by you by saying that?

#177 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

She's a nasty man-lady??

How could anyone possibly confuse the lack of respect for her shown by you by saying that?

You should re-think who here is confused --- hint: not me.

I respect her as a person because I respect her freedom and choices in that she has the right to make them, and that she isn't changing for any person's views of her. That should have been obvious regarding the two examples of respect I have for her, but I guess I have to spell it out for you.

My personal opinion of her is outside that respect, of which she is hardly woman-like to me and gross.

Don't "confuse" respect for freedoms and respecting a person for their individuality for omitting personal opinion on the matter. You don't seem to be able to distinguish them.

She's gross because of her religion?

It's part of why she thinks it's okay, and that part is pretty stupid. Other than that, her maintaining this goes outside the religion aspect and more into making personal choices regardless of what others think. That I can respect, rather than the cult influences.

Edited by zaibatsu, 28 September 2012 - 09:02 AM.

#178 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:12 AM

You should re-think who here is confused --- hint: not me.

I respect her as a person because I respect her freedom and choices in that she has the right to make them, and that she isn't changing for any person's views of her. That should have been obvious regarding the two examples of respect I have for her, but I guess I have to spell it out for you.

My personal opinion of her is outside that respect, of which she is hardly woman-like to me and gross.

Don't "confuse" respect for freedoms and respecting a person for their individuality for omitting personal opinion on the matter. You don't seem to be able to distinguish them.

It's part of why she thinks it's okay, and that part is pretty stupid.

I don't think i'm the one confused here.

You either respect someone AND you don't call them a "nasty man-lady".....OR you don't respect them BY calling them a "nasty man-lady".

That's like me hypothetically saying, 'I respect your freedom to idiotically type and post on this board, even though I think what is typed makes you a hateful teabagging simple-minded moron, who doesn't have half the testicular fortitude that just about any woman has, let alone this particular one, in putting up your own picture, so we can all see how ugly you are on the outside as well as on the inside, and then dealing with the mockery with class and humility'.....though I would never do that, because I 'respect' your freedoms and your individuality and your opinion as a person.

#179 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

I don't think i'm the one confused here.

You either respect someone AND you don't call them a "nasty man-lady".....OR you don't respect them BY calling them a "nasty man-lady".

That's like me hypothetically saying, 'I respect your freedom to idiotically type and post on this board, even though I think what is typed makes you a hateful teabagging simple-minded moron, who doesn't have half the testicular fortitude that just about any woman has, let alone this particular one, in putting up your own picture, so we can all see how ugly you are on the outside as well as on the inside, and then dealing with the mockery with class and humility'.....though I would never do that, because I 'respect' your freedoms and your individuality and your opinion as a person.

So respecting someone else's freedom and individuality is foregoing your own freedom to form an opinion of what they look like? Only in Sharpshooter's world.. which I don't live in.

Also, only in Sharpshooter's world does he reference the bold as some possible scenario when it's something he's already done. :lol:

Edited by zaibatsu, 28 September 2012 - 09:25 AM.

#180 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

It's part of why she thinks it's okay, and that part is pretty stupid.

This would be a great response if you had called it stupid. But you didn't you called it gross.

And there is nothing respectful about saying either.

At least when Sharpshooter rips on religion, he doesn't pretend he's being nice about it.
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.