The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Just Not the Same...

JustNazzy

My little guy is 3 and just started skating lessons last week. I can't say any of what I saw reminded me of hockey but I am going to hate the extended break until the season starts.

You're kids are adorable man and look at them upright. My little guys still learning to get up off the ice. Not gonna lie though I shed a pride tear when he didn't cry until we told him "practice" was over. Wiggled and grunted whenever someone came to help him proclaiming "I do it Daddy, let me do it please".

My little guy is 3 and just started skating lessons last week. I can't say any of what I saw reminded me of hockey but I am going to hate the extended break until the season starts.

You're kids are adorable man and look at them upright. My little guys still learning to get up off the ice. Not gonna lie though I shed a pride tear when he didn't cry until we told him "practice" was over. Wiggled and grunted whenever someone came to help him proclaiming "I do it Daddy, let me do it please".

• 3 months later...

If your kid is destined for stardom in the NHL, it will happen. Just start of with the love of the game first. The rest will fall into place.

Remember the obstacles, will your kid get big enough? Will they have enough drive? Will they have enough skill?

I remember reading about Gordie Howe, he always knew he'd make the NHL, it was a matter of would he be big enough and good enough.

Let your kids be kids to start off. Society seems to want to end children's childhood's far too soon, and make mini-adults.

Enjoy and remember every moment with your kids is precious, enjoy the moment because grow up fast.

Those are great kids, you should be proud!

Archived