The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Driving Tips Article

nucklehead

Technically those who delay or impede your progress are retards or maybe retardants. So it would make sense that drivers who don't know how to drive are in fact retards since they delay and impede other motorists progress. Though I do believe he is using the word in a deragatory fashion to say these people are mentally challenged or defective, which I agree is not cool.

My favourite is when a driver is approaching a stop sign at a pedestrian controlled intersection assumes he can now run the stop sign because the pedestrians can cross the other way.

For some reason most pedestrians also think they aren't allowed to cross the street on a red light in this situation.

THEY HAVE A STOP SIGN. IT'S STILL TREATED AS A STOP SIGN.

When that blue light is illuminated on your dashboard, that usually means your high beams are on! Likewise with signals... they use those green blinky thingies. Usually you're supposed to glance down there once every 10-20 seconds or so...

Oh, and when you can't see in front of you at night, turn your headlights on!

I love it when I'm in a lineup and am coasting towards the guy in front of me and the guy behind me is all honking, frantically waiving their arms presumably yelling profanities accompanied by wishes for me to move forward faster :lol: Where exactly do you think we're going to get to buds?...lol

I do'nt know what the roads are like in vancouver , but in melbourne the roads are full of morons .

the drivers on melbournes roads exemplify what is wrong with the world , they are not aware of what is going on around them , they are focused on that little bit of road in front of them , and have no regard for other road users .

Archived