The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN-CAL & VAN-FLA

Why does Calgary take a rental for Iggy? Because we chuck in homeboy (from near Calgary) Raymond?

They will be looking for a serious young prospect and picks for Iggy. Its not in any way the type of deal they look for to give up their (better version of) Trevor Linden if they finally re-build.

Blockbuster time! To VAN: Jarome Iginla To CAL: Alex Edler, Mason Raymond Why for Van? A well rounded star to fill out the top 6. He wants a go at the Stanley Cup. Would look scary on either Sedin's or Kesler's wing. He has one year left and you know he will sign at a discount in order to chase a ring or two. Edler is a heavy price to pay but we can drop him now that we have Garrison. Why for Cal? Its time for a rebuild. Building their defense around Edler and Wideman is a positive first step. They love their leader in Iginla and I think Feaster respects him enough to let him go for a Cup (think Bourque and Boston). 2 young highly skilled plays for one aging one is a good return. To VAN: Jose Theodore, Keaton Ellerby, 1st Round Pick. To FLA: Roberto Luongo, Kevin Connauton Why for Van? I think we are all realizing that Roberto does not demand the return we would all want for him. A solid experienced back up, a big strong young stay at home defenseman with upside and a 1st round pick is a solid return. Why for Fla? They land an excellent goaltender who played his best hockey in Florida. Connauton is an average prospect but he would blunt the loss of Ellerby. Sedin-Sedin-Burrows Booth-Kesler-Iginla Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen Weise-Lapierre-Kassian Malhotra-Volpatti Bieksa-Hamhuis Ballard-Tanev Garrison-Ellerby Alberts Schneider-Theodore 23 Man Roster 2012/13 Cap Hit: 66.41 Million

• 3 weeks later...

Man I would love to have Iginla on the Canucks. Absolutely love the guy. He's exactly what this team needs. He's good for 4 more years.

I would not trade Edler though. He's going to be a career Canuck and future Norris winner. Hopefully multiple Norris winner. Edler will be a superstar in the league. He doesn't get enough credit yet but he's about to hit his prime in a year or two.

Re sign Edler long term, sign Iginla as UFA next july.

A trade for Iginla will also require Jensen going the other way and I don't think that is going to happen.

oh please, calgary isnt going to trade iginla, and if they did, they wouldnt trade him here and they would want more than raymond and edler in return. as for the 2nd trade, theodore wont come here, and lets face it, its more realistic to think of luongo to toronto trades, they need a goalie, florida dosent. nuff said.

Archived