#1 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:40 PM

To EDM: Luongo, Edler

To VAN: Hemskey, Smid, Tyler Pitlick, 1st rounder in this draft.

Honestly, I see Edmonton being high on a return like this for something that doesn't involve their top tier prospects. They need the defence, and they need the goaltending.

I think Hemsky would be great fitting in on either the 1st or 2nd line. Getting a 1st rounder would be great with the knowledge that the draft class is superior to most. Also, Pitlick is a solid prospect at centre.

Building a deal around Hemskey and smid coming this way seems really tempting, but I'm guessing there's pieces that need to be added or removed on both teams.

BTW: if anyone replies saying we should take edler out and throw in raymond, rodin, a 1st rounder and malhotra I will :bigblush: on you.

Let me know.
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#2 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:49 AM

Edmonton probably would but the Canucks wouldn't, we are giving up an elite goalie and an all star defenseman for an injury prone forward a downgrade on defense a prospect and most likely a low first rounder. Not only that but with the oilers being in our division they would have to severely overpay to get those 2 pieces which they probably won't do.

#3 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:59 AM

Not a chance. With Edler and Lu they strengthen their weak areas and will be ready to contend, while at the same time they shed Hemsky's contract so Yakupov can play on the 2nd line if he's ready. For this trade to happen I would demand something like Eberle as part of the return (have to give quality to get quality back!)

I'm not ready to face this
Hall - RNH - Eberle
Paajarvi/ Smyth - Gagner - Yakupov

EDLER would also provide a strong #1 D-man for this group, which was just what it needed, on top of solid puck-movers like Whitney, Justin Schultz and Petry, and also defensive guys like Peckham, Nick Schultz and Sutton.

Add Luongo in front of an already decent Dubnyk and this team's ready to challenge for a playoff spot, if not for the Northwest.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#4 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,840 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:03 AM

Edmonton probably would but the Canucks wouldn't, we are giving up an elite goalie and an all star defenseman for an injury prone forward a downgrade on defense a prospect and most likely a low first rounder. Not only that but with the oilers being in our division they would have to severely overpay to get those 2 pieces which they probably won't do.

I don't think it would be that big of an overpayment. Maybe Gagner, a couple of their prospects, and possibly a first? I think a first would have to be coming to us in any Luongo to Edmonton trade.
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#5 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:48 AM

I don't think it would be that big of an overpayment. Maybe Gagner, a couple of their prospects, and possibly a first? I think a first would have to be coming to us in any Luongo to Edmonton trade.

I think for a Luongo trade that could be a starting point (Gagner, prospect and a 1st), but not if Edler is in the mix. To trade Edler to a division rival for the OP's return is preposterous.. we lose our top offensive D man for a guy like Smid who has never cracked 20pts a season..our D would look mediocre at best after that deal. If Edmonton's GM came asking for Edler i'd want J.Schultz + in return which Edmonton would not do.

#6 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:06 AM

Would you want to face Edmonton thats staked with super skilled players and than add lu and edler to the mix?

I wouldnt.
Posted Image
Drouin#27 Halifax Mooseheads Star

Credit to Canucks Top Scorer

#7 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

Jason Botchford says ONCE that Edmonton MIGHT have been interested in Luongo

=

Every proposal is Lou to EDM

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#8 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:02 AM

If we trade luongo and edler to edm. IF. Then i would ask eberle or nugent hopkins back. If we couldnt get that which is likely. I would ask hemsky, jones, horcoff and a first. I dont even know if i would do that
Posted Image

#9 thad

thad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

For edler you gotta give up eberle+ or nuge+ or no deal... No way they would do that

#10 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,247 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

That would be terrible for us and unbelievably good for them, huge no.

zackass.png

#11 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,840 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

For edler you gotta give up eberle+ or nuge+ or no deal... No way they would do that

I think you're overvaluing Edler a tad here. I think both teams would consider for Edler + Raymond (on new contracts) + a 2nd for either Eberle or RNH, not Eberle+ or RNH+.
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#12 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

Anyone of Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yakupov, Schultz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Luongo

If Gillis doesn't want to take salary on....

Oilers 2014 1st FOR Luongo

#13 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

In way do we get better in this deal? We give up our (arguably) best D. Hemsky is not a D, and does not help us that much where loosing Edler makes us weaker.

We get a plug in Smid, and average prospect (Pitlick had 20 points in 60 odd AHL games) and a cap dump. The only real value is the first. But Edmonton gets seriously better this year. That also means the first might not be that high. Considering they have a heap of prospects, giving up the first would make sense for them to have a crack at a couple of play off rounds (which Edler and Lou would give them). This is an Edmonton fans deal.

This package would not even get you Edler, because it does not make sense. I'd rather keep Edler for a play off run, and if he does not sign; sign a D with a better contract than Hemsky.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 06 October 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#14 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,370 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

Ew... what?
No.
Posted Image

#15 Greene02

Greene02

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,774 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

I think you're overvaluing Edler a tad here. I think both teams would consider for Edler + Raymond (on new contracts) + a 2nd for either Eberle or RNH, not Eberle+ or RNH+.

I guarantee you the Oilers wouldn't give up RNH or Eberle for that package. It's not even close to what they would be looking for.

#16 bigpush

bigpush

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

In way do we get better in this deal? We give up our (arguably) best D. Hemsky is not a D, and does not help us that much where loosing Edler makes us weaker.

We get a plug in Smid, and average prospect (Pitlick had 20 points in 60 odd AHL games) and a cap dump. The only real value is the first. But Edmonton gets seriously better this year. That also means the first might not be that high. Considering they have a heap of prospects, giving up the first would make sense for them to have a crack at a couple of play off rounds (which Edler and Lou would give them). This is an Edmonton fans deal.

This package would not even get you Edler, because it does not make sense. I'd rather keep Edler for a play off run, and if he does not sign; sign a D with a better contract than Hemsky.

I'm not sure this deal would ever happen. Would Lou waive NTC to go to the oilers? Would Gillis deal within division? I think its close in terms of value though.

Smid is far from a plug, maybe it seems that way because he has played for a terrible defensive team but he is a good young player who could continue to develop into a shutdown guy. He was a +4 last season (Gagner/Sutton led with +5) playing against the oppositions top line. He also led Edm defensmen in Corsi rating.

Hemsky is very talented and could be a perfect playmaker for Kesler and Booth, yes he is injury prone but so was Salo and he was well worth it.
I don't care when you pick in the first round it still adds good value, and I really doubt Lou and Edler make Edm an instant contender.
I would prefer trying to get one of Paajavi , Hartikainen, Teubert or Marincin ahead of Pitlick but Edmonton has tonnes of good prospects who won't get a great chance to crack the Oilers lineup in the next little while.

We lose our elite goalie who will be our back up (most likely) and our arguably best defenseman for
a top 6 forward, top 4 defensman, 1st round pick and good prospect which would save us 1.3 million in salary this year. I can guarantee that Edler will resign for much more than Smid after next season and Hemsky will be up after 2013-14 season when hopefully some of our prospects would be ready to fill the void on the 2nd line.

I think this trade gives us more offensive creativity (something we need), more cap space for now and the future and more quality youth. Which might be as good as its going to get with Loungo trade. I do think Edler is awesome but I'm not sure if he will be signed under 5 million or will ever be a legit # 1 dman in this league. Trading him as a UFA also hurts his value.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Hemsky
Higgens Lappierre Hansen
Weise Malhotra Kassian
Volpatti

Bieksa Hamhuis
Smid Garrison
Ballard Tanev
Alberts

Edited by bigpush, 10 October 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#17 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

Awful proposal
We get significantly weaker on D and we get better... Nowhere

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Proposal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.