• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom Sestito

Proposal - Van/Edm

To EDM: Luongo, Edler

To VAN: Hemskey, Smid, Tyler Pitlick, 1st rounder in this draft.

Honestly, I see Edmonton being high on a return like this for something that doesn't involve their top tier prospects. They need the defence, and they need the goaltending.

I think Hemsky would be great fitting in on either the 1st or 2nd line. Getting a 1st rounder would be great with the knowledge that the draft class is superior to most. Also, Pitlick is a solid prospect at centre.

Building a deal around Hemskey and smid coming this way seems really tempting, but I'm guessing there's pieces that need to be added or removed on both teams.

BTW: if anyone replies saying we should take edler out and throw in raymond, rodin, a 1st rounder and malhotra I will :bigblush: on you.

Let me know.

Edmonton probably would but the Canucks wouldn't, we are giving up an elite goalie and an all star defenseman for an injury prone forward a downgrade on defense a prospect and most likely a low first rounder. Not only that but with the oilers being in our division they would have to severely overpay to get those 2 pieces which they probably won't do.

Not a chance. With Edler and Lu they strengthen their weak areas and will be ready to contend, while at the same time they shed Hemsky's contract so Yakupov can play on the 2nd line if he's ready. For this trade to happen I would demand something like Eberle as part of the return (have to give quality to get quality back!)

I'm not ready to face this

Hall - RNH - Eberle

Paajarvi/ Smyth - Gagner - Yakupov

EDLER would also provide a strong #1 D-man for this group, which was just what it needed, on top of solid puck-movers like Whitney, Justin Schultz and Petry, and also defensive guys like Peckham, Nick Schultz and Sutton.

Add Luongo in front of an already decent Dubnyk and this team's ready to challenge for a playoff spot, if not for the Northwest.

Edmonton probably would but the Canucks wouldn't, we are giving up an elite goalie and an all star defenseman for an injury prone forward a downgrade on defense a prospect and most likely a low first rounder. Not only that but with the oilers being in our division they would have to severely overpay to get those 2 pieces which they probably won't do.

I don't think it would be that big of an overpayment. Maybe Gagner, a couple of their prospects, and possibly a first? I think a first would have to be coming to us in any Luongo to Edmonton trade.

Jason Botchford says ONCE that Edmonton MIGHT have been interested in Luongo

=

Every proposal is Lou to EDM

If we trade luongo and edler to edm. IF. Then i would ask eberle or nugent hopkins back. If we couldnt get that which is likely. I would ask hemsky, jones, horcoff and a first. I dont even know if i would do that

For edler you gotta give up eberle+ or nuge+ or no deal... No way they would do that

For edler you gotta give up eberle+ or nuge+ or no deal... No way they would do that

Anyone of Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yakupov, Schultz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Luongo

If Gillis doesn't want to take salary on....

Oilers 2014 1st FOR Luongo

In way do we get better in this deal? We give up our (arguably) best D. Hemsky is not a D, and does not help us that much where loosing Edler makes us weaker.

We get a plug in Smid, and average prospect (Pitlick had 20 points in 60 odd AHL games) and a cap dump. The only real value is the first. But Edmonton gets seriously better this year. That also means the first might not be that high. Considering they have a heap of prospects, giving up the first would make sense for them to have a crack at a couple of play off rounds (which Edler and Lou would give them). This is an Edmonton fans deal.

This package would not even get you Edler, because it does not make sense. I'd rather keep Edler for a play off run, and if he does not sign; sign a D with a better contract than Hemsky.

I think you're overvaluing Edler a tad here. I think both teams would consider for Edler + Raymond (on new contracts) + a 2nd for either Eberle or RNH, not Eberle+ or RNH+.

In way do we get better in this deal? We give up our (arguably) best D. Hemsky is not a D, and does not help us that much where loosing Edler makes us weaker.

We get a plug in Smid, and average prospect (Pitlick had 20 points in 60 odd AHL games) and a cap dump. The only real value is the first. But Edmonton gets seriously better this year. That also means the first might not be that high. Considering they have a heap of prospects, giving up the first would make sense for them to have a crack at a couple of play off rounds (which Edler and Lou would give them). This is an Edmonton fans deal.

This package would not even get you Edler, because it does not make sense. I'd rather keep Edler for a play off run, and if he does not sign; sign a D with a better contract than Hemsky.