The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mexican food?

Harbinger

Do people still eat it? Taco meat is so gross that I don't even go into mexican restaurants any more for fear of seeing or smelling it. The only thing I might even consider these days that is mexican is either nacho's w/o ground taco meat and the churros. Everything else is totally gross. Does anyone still eat that stuff?

Do people still eat it? Taco meat is so gross that I don't even go into mexican restaurants any more for fear of seeing or smelling it. The only thing I might even consider these days that is mexican is either nacho's w/o ground taco meat and the churros. Everything else is totally gross. Does anyone still eat that stuff?

What kind of Mexican food? True Mexican food does not use flour tortillas--it was actually Czech/German immigrants in Texas that used flour tortillas because corn was considered pig feed.

Another point: Veracruz styled dishes are different than Mayan, and both are different from Tex-Mex.

I lived in Central Texas for years, and now I live in Louisiana. Love spices! I remember coming back home to Nanaimo. We went to Gina's Mexican restaurant downtown. I ordered the Chipolte Chicken, and the waitress said, " Are you sure you want to order it, a lot of people do not like it because it is really hot." I told her it won't be a problem, that chipotle only means smoked jalapenos. So I get my dish, take a bite. While it had some kick, compared to what we eat here, it was very bland.

Archived