The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hamhuis donates $100,000 for new McDonalds

D.Doughty

Show me one they did not inherit with the club and give me the percentages re:income vs charity compared to the Sedins ,Malholtra and Hamhuis charitable giving as a % of their salaries.Thanks.

FTR,I was not specifying the Vancouver owner act but the NHL owner act currently under way with no NHL hockey for the continent.

But ,I was thinking of the charitable acts of Hamhuis,Malholtra,the Sedins and Hamhuis -not only with cash but with their time.

I have never seen any one of the present owners present at a charity event ,giving of their time.

Who cares if he doesn't actually go to the events. It's his coin funding the whole thing.

Hmm, you don't think he's busy making sure that his billion dollar corporation is healthy?

Without owners like him, there is no NHL, and these players aren't millionaires. And without him cutting the cheques for charity events such as golf tournaments, none of it's even possible.

And even though it's not required of the players to make donations like this, they are contractually obligated to attend charity events hosted by the Canucks. So even though they are generous people, they are no more generous than the owners.

So think twice before you criticize a very generous person who is well respected in this community.

#1. There is no NHL right now with owners like them,in case you have not noticed.

#2.The Aquilini family has plenty of employees to do their tasks.Billionaires have plenty of spare time if they have any brains,and I am assuming they are a bright family.

#3.The Sedins and Hamhuis ,Bieksa and Malholtra are not obligated to give to charities freely with their own free time and equity.The Canucks charities that the Aquilini family inherited do not include hospitals.

#4.I can question and criticize anybody I want to.This forum is not Russia and you are not Vladimir Putin.

#5.Me and my loved ones have never received anything from the wealthy Aquilini family so they mean little to me and are losing face each and every day.

Canucks for Kids fishing tournament just last month. Pics on canucks.com of him being there as well he donated money to the fund and flips the bill for the tournament. Go look.

On top of that I've personally seen him at a few C.A.N events and even more personally he's given his Jersey with his name on the back of it to one of my clients literally right off his back.

Can you stop turning something nice into something negative now?

Google Francesco Aquilini to learn more about his charitable involvements

For example: The Aquilini family also believes each generation is accountable for preserving and safeguarding the environment for future generations. As a result of their sizeable donation toward the conservation of Blaney Bog in Maple Ridge, a 104 hectare site adjacent to Blaney Bog Regional Park was renamed as the Aquilini Land Conservancy, recognizing the family's part in permanently protecting the area as a wildlife and nature reserve.

I would also assume additional charitable work is done without publicity like with most of us.

Archived