The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hong Kong Businessman Has Multi-Million-Dollar Reward for the Man Who Seduces His Daughter Away from Lesbian Partner

nuckin_futz

xlarge.jpg

Gigi Chao pictured on the right with her partner.

A wealthy property developer from Hong Kong has offered a "marriage bounty" of HK$500 million (~$65 million) to any man who manages to "woo" his lesbian daughter away from her wife.

Cecil Chao Sze-tsung made the announcement this week in the aftermath of reports that his daughter, 33-year-old Gigi Chao (above, right), married Sean Eav (above, left), her girlfriend of seven years, in Paris earlier this year.

"I don't mind whether he is rich or poor," Chao told the South China Morning Post. "The important thing is that he is generous and kind-hearted."

He went on to deny reports of his daughter's marriage, calling them "false."

In addition to offering a handsome sum of money, Chao, who is one of Hong Kong's richest and most successful businessmen, offered to help prospective suitors start their own businesses as long as they can provide the talent.

The Daily Telegraph notes that Chao's sudden invasive interest in his daughter's love life doesn't gel with Gigi's description of him in a 2007 interview with Hong Kong Magazine.

"My father took a hands-off approach in parenting," she told the publication. "I see him as a friend more than a father. My parents never pressure me with high expectations."

http://gawker.com/59...from-lesbianism

Archived