The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Question About Racism & the KKK

SukhKular

I'm not trying to ignite a flame war or anything, it's just a simple question.

The KKK. They hate Jews. But worship Jesus. Jesus was a Jew. I'm confused.

Is this just a case of Hollywood not getting their facts right? Obviously, I've never met a KKK "member" in person before.

The kkk was pretty much a "white" response to the usa's goal of reconstruction after the civil war. non-african members of society responded to land being removed from them and being given to freed slaves.

the religious b.s. was added on as time went by. there is a PBS 'American Experience' two-part episode called "Reconstruction" which covers, in part, a bit of the birth and growth of the kkk and racial fanaticism in that era.

however, racism in any form is particularly ugly and uneccesary. "we are all the same color underneath" to quote hip hop artist Paris. imo religion only helps to maintain racist philosophy and gives racists a reason to hate. for others its just lack of ability to accept cultures unknown or foreign to them.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Racists are just plain lazy, if you want to hate someone take the time to talk to them and get to know them, you will probably find a much more legitimate reason to dislike them.

Archived