The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ABC News Tracks Missing iPad To Florida Home of TSA Officer

Grapefruits

Stealing is wrong, but under these circumstances ABC actually benefited from the theft, they got their story, and this TSA officer lost his job. So I would agree its a good thing he got caught and won't be stealing from the public, no problem there. However, this reflects very poorly on ABC, someone helped them run a great story, and they punish him for it. They could have easily blurred his face. He even returned the iPad, so they lose nothing, and get exactly what they want. Last time I checked you actually need to harm someone in order to have done something wrong, so I would ask, how has Ramirez harmed ABC? He may very well have harmed others, who he may have stolen from, and that would be very wrong, but the news clip doesn't even mention that possibility, nor has any evidence been presented that would support that.

I do find it interesting people judge this Ramirez based on his nice house. That was his house right? We got to see the legal documentation that he owns it, right? For all we know he rents a room in the house and can't afford anything else, or he could own the whole block, we simply don't know. We do know ABC referred to it as his home, that doesn't qualify as a legal deed in my books.

On CTV tonight, there is a story on TSA, which said the agency is a farce. That they did not catch 1 single terrorist. or stop any terrorist incidents. That they missed thousands of security breeches like a woman accidently bringing a gun aboard a plane.

In fact, they caught 400 TSA agents for misconduct like stealing.

So, they summed up the story this way: You got more to fear from TSA agents than terrorists.

Archived