The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If its a shortened season, should the nucks tank it?

Lui's Knob

No hockey ,whatsoever.

I say forget the first overall,regular season madness and play enough to safely squeak in,giving us better draft potential every year.

President Trophies are not the prize and stocking up on the highest draft picks possible is beneficial and preferential.

If its a full season forget it. But playing 3 month of hockey when all the other teams are well rested? Why not use the short year to the teams best advantage and turn it into glass half full situation. While the twins have 5 years maybe left... Why drop out on potential high picks ? You wouldn't want McKinnon?

The core group on this team is aging quick, there's not a lot of years left where the Sedins etc. will be at the top of their games. A shortened season would benefit the Canucks because of guys like Kesler who need to rehab, plus playing less games would keep the team fresher for the grind.

So, no, your suggestion is moronic.

If its a full season forget it. But playing 3 month of hockey when all the other teams are well rested? Why not use the short year to the teams best advantage and turn it into glass half full situation. While the twins have 5 years maybe left... Why drop out on potential high picks ? You wouldn't want McKinnon?

The season is the same length for every team. A shorter season for Vancouver means less travel, less wear and tear and more energy available for the playoffs. No professional hockey team is going to "tank" a season so management can have a better pick to replace them as players. Your comment is obviously just an attempt at getting attention and, judging from the response, it worked.

I sure will be glad when we get back to hockey and have something real to talk about.

BTW, I will not support the NHL financially this year or next. No game tickets, no team jerseys and no pay TV. I will watch the free games on TV but not support the advertisers. The "big business" of hockey entertainment has annoyed me severely. I am taking at least a 2 year leave from support because the owners already have their season ticket income for this year, holding the fans hostage by not refunding them for the cancelled games. No wonder they're billionaires!

Purposely losing is an honourless tactic and any team even considering doing so doesn't deserve to play the game. This isn't badminton. Get your head out of your arse.

Tanking is a stupid idea and you're stupid for considering it. Also, your face is stupid for letting your stupid brain see the computer screen so you could convey this stupid idea. In addition, your hands, part of your alliance of stupidity, are also stupid for stupidly typing your stupid idea for all to read.

PS. Thanks for letting me take out my frustration over the lock-out on you. It's like the NHL is my girlfriend and she's decided to withhold sex until I agree to give her more than half of my earnings :sadno:

If we start playing in December or January and stay healthy/no cheap shots, we win the cup. Calling it now. I realize the chances of someone not getting seriously injured or suspended or something are low, but crazier things have happened: LA winning the cup last year for instance...

How could you even ask a question like that is beyond me..............This is sport, where there should be no place for "tanking it" in any circumstances. Were you watching the Olympics?

How would you feel if we were shooting past our own goalie because the other teams were "tanking it" too. Sad.

Archived