307mg00.jpg

#32 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

Not with a new CBA, maybe that's what MG was waiting for? lol Either way, I think he should be paid 5-5.5 mil a season if he sticks with us. He's our future star D-man, even now he's really good and very beneficial to our PP. But we'll see how it plays out, I agree with most, it would be a huge blow to our team to let him go.

EDIT: Umm, I think Bieksa took a discount.. It's not just because you happen to be from BC, it's because they have been with the team since the start of their NHL career. (Bur for example, taking 2 mil a season back in the day was a steal in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th years) :huh: Ehrhoff was different, he started out in San Jose. So I could see why the money was more of a factor, and you can see how it's turned out for him so far. :lol:

Bieksa is a finance major.He knew what he was being offered was more than fair.
Ehrhoff is in a different league than Bieksa but Gillis offered Ehrhoff Bieksa money and Ehrhoff refused the insult.

Bieksa:
2009-2010 55GP 3G 19A 22PTS -5
2010-2011 66GP 6G 16A 22PTS + 32

Ehrhoff:
2009 -2010 80GP 14G 30A 44PTS +36
2010-2011 79GP 14 G 36A 50PTS +19

No Ehrhoff,no Salo,no Edler = No power play.

#33 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

Nuck nit 100% correct

Gillis F'd up
What do u think Gargnani and then
Garrison were for-to replace Erhoff...
Gargnani = bust should have gotten Kassian and a first for Hodgson or Kassian and 2nd, 3rd

Gillis-idiot

#34 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,209 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

Ehrhoff is in a different league than Bieksa but Gillis offered Ehrhoff Bieksa money and Ehrhoff refused the insult.

Bieksa:

Ehrhoff:

If Ehrhoff was 'insulted by being offered Bieksa money', explain why Christian's cap hit is on average $4 million a year. Last time I checked that's less than 'Bieksa money'.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#35 K_9

K_9

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

Any link to the audio or a video of the interview?

Would be very much appreciated!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 Mayray2112

Mayray2112

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

Bieksa:

Ehrhoff:

playing on the PP with the sedins is hard right?

I wouldn't pay Errorhoff (and yet you make fun of bieksa) 31 million dollars in the first 2 years to be a soft pushover

also you ignore stats that favor Bieksa AGAIN what a shock.

Postseason (when it actually matters)

Bieksa
09-10 3g 5a 8p +2 1PPG 1GWG
10-11 5g 5a 10p +6 1PPG 1GWG

Ehrhoff
09-10 3g 4a 7p -1 1PPG 0GWG
10-11 2g 10a 12p -13 1PPG 0GWG

looks like Bieksa was better by a landslide... No Ehrhoff no PP guys even though Bieksa matched his PP performance in the playoffs

Edited by Mayray2112, 28 September 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#37 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

Wow, just wow stamkos' mullet
Erhoff got 10 yrs from buffalo that's 40 mill
Bieksa got a higher cap hit but shorter term he is making like 60% of what Erhoff is. Not to mention Erhoff got a big $$ front load

#38 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

Ehrhoff was given term with his signing and an up front signing bonus payment of $8 million in year one and $5 million in year two.That is $18m in the first two years of his contract.

If it is so easy to play with the Sedin's then tell me who is playing D with them that is as capable as Ehrhoff was? Maybe that was supposed to be Gragnani?

"With Marc-Andre we have got a puck-moving defenceman who can play on the power play," general manager Mike Gillis said the day he traded for him. "He has got really good offensive skills, we feel like we have another power-play defenceman."

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz27oCmnkM0

Edited by nuck nit, 28 September 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#39 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,209 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Wow, just wow stamkos' mullet
Erhoff got 10 yrs from buffalo that's 40 mill
Bieksa got a higher cap hit but shorter term he is making like 60% of what Erhoff is. Not to mention Erhoff got a big $$ front load

This might just be me, but wouldn't taking a shorter term contract with more money (Bieksa) make more sense than taking a long term contract with less money?(Ehrhoff)

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#40 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

Ehrhoff's deal is incredibly front-loaded with a $2 million salary and $8 million signing bonus in Year 1; $3 million salary, $5 million signing bonus in Year 2; $4 million in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6; $3 million in Year 7; and $1 million in Years 8, 9 and 10. The deal also features a modified no-trade clause.
And yes, Ehrhoff will make $10 million next season and $1 million in the final three years of the deal

#41 CanuckCup1316

CanuckCup1316

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

It isn't about letting the hoff walk...it's about a salary cap and staying competitive in that structure. He wanted a ton o money and signing him to it might have meant losing Edler or burrows, or maybe some of depth the team has. Maybe unloading Ballard and finding a way to keep him would have been better but it certainly wasn't a horrible decision.

I agree with this. I liked Erhoff's points but he clearly was chasing the cheddar and could care less about being on a team to win the cup. So is that the type of player you really want on your team? And Im sure MG would have signed him before trading him if he could. He found out that Erhoff wanted a payoff, so he traded him for a pick before losing him for nothing. As for Edler, I would like to keep him but if he wants to be greedy let him do it elsewhere and maybe package him with Luongo for a massive deal.

#42 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,007 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

$7 - $7.5M for Alex Edler maybe if he was a UFA this year and there was some really desperate, crazy team who values him as high as Ryan Suter. But I would call that unlikely. He's not at the level of a Suter, or a Weber. At $6 - $6.5, there would've been a lot of interest, I would think.

It doesn't matter what the Kesler's or the Sedin's would've got this year, because their deals were signed in 2011 and 2009. Different contexts. And at the time of signing, not a lot of people were saying "hometown discount".

And you really think that Jason Garrison could've got $6M+ this summer? Really? You really think that 28 year-old Jason Garrison, who's basically signing his first NHL contract worth any notable amount of money, chose to play in Vancouver at an amount that's 25% less than what he could've got elsewhere? I call that total BS, and impossible to believe. If he received a higher offer, it would've almost definitely been from some perennial dog like Long Island, and maybe for $50 - $100K more than what we gave him.

I was refering to open market values in all of those numbers.

Bold = I'm refering to the year they signed not current open market.

Garrett had three higher offers and signed early with us. Had he waited even a day, he would have had a bidding war. The 6m range is about right for a 40+ point d-man on the open market. Like Hamhuis, Garrett simply wanted to play here and took considerably less to do it. He took around 20% less than he could have had on the open market. Just as Hamhuis did. Two years ago hockey analysts estimated Hamhuis in the 5.5 to 6m range. They are considerably more objective than Canuck fans and more often than not right in the ballpark. The Canucks have been very lucky with several of their contracts.

I'm not comparing Edler to Suter at all. Suter isn't "making" 7 - 7.5m. Like so many others you are confusing salary with cap hit. Suter has a 13 year deal that ends with cap reducers and he "makes" 12m, 12m, 11m, 9m, 9m, 9m, 9m, 9m, and 8m in the first 8 years of that deal. You don;t think Edler could get 7m compared to that? Now I don't expect Edler to get a "till death do us part" contract unless it's with another team on the open market. And if he did the cap hit would be lower than Suters. When I say Edler would get 7 to 7.5 I'm refering to a standard 4 to 5 year deal that lacks "end of your career" cap reducers. I honestly don't see MG making the Luongo mistake again with one of those deals.
Posted Image

#43 Mayray2112

Mayray2112

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

If it is so easy to play with the Sedin's then tell me who is playing D with them that is as capable as Ehrhoff was? Maybe that was supposed to be Gragnani?

Have you heard of anson Carter? in case u didn't hear the sedins actually made him relevant at 1 point in time.

I'll mention this again

also you ignore stats that favor Bieksa AGAIN what a shock.

Postseason (when it actually matters)

Bieksa
09-10 3g 5a 8p +2 1PPG 1GWG
10-11 5g 5a 10p +6 1PPG 1GWG

Ehrhoff
09-10 3g 4a 7p -1 1PPG 0GWG
10-11 2g 10a 12p -13 1PPG 0GWG

looks like Bieksa was better by a landslide... No Ehrhoff no PP guys even though Bieksa matched his PP performance in the playoffs

#44 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

I agree with this. I liked Erhoff's points but he clearly was chasing the cheddar and could care less about being on a team to win the cup. So is that the type of player you really want on your team? And Im sure MG would have signed him before trading him if he could. He found out that Erhoff wanted a payoff, so he traded him for a pick before losing him for nothing. As for Edler, I would like to keep him but if he wants to be greedy let him do it elsewhere and maybe package him with Luongo for a massive deal.

In case you have not turned on your tv set there is no NHL hockey this season.
The owners are all getting what they can off the backs of the players and the fans.
Of course the players want to be paid what they are worth.

#45 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

May Ray I ignore you because you make next to little sense.
Ehrhoff played in the post season with an injured shoulder while Bieksa was injury free until game 5 of the SCF.
Anson Carter played defense,did he?
Maybe he and Gragnani can team up in la la land.

Edited by nuck nit, 28 September 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#46 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,007 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

This might just be me, but wouldn't taking a shorter term contract with more money (Bieksa) make more sense than taking a long term contract with less money?(Ehrhoff)

Getting the money sonner is better for the player. 1m now is worth more than 1m 10 years from now due to inflation. Getting salary as a bonus pays that money at the start of the season instead of weekly throughout the season. Again an inflation beater. Plus the long term guarantees the money for his career rather than having to be worth the monet for another contract five years from now.

So it's six of one and half a dozen of the other. Ehrhoff gets more money now and is guaranteed his money for his career. Bieksa could get an even better contract next time if he continues to perform. Ehrhoff doesn't have to worry about his performance now as this is his last contract. Is that better or worse for the player?
Posted Image

#47 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,007 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Ehrhoff played in the post season with an injured shoulder while Bieksa was injury free until game 5 of the SCF.

Ehrhoff played injured for 7 games while Bieksa played injured for 3.
Posted Image

#48 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

Edler would get 6.5 m and up on the open market. However, I don't think hes worth that.
He is one of the Canucks that have over inflated stats because of the team he plays on and the role he plays within the team.
He makes the occasional bone headed mistakes whereas guys like Hamhuis are MUCH more reliable.
His inconsistency is what bothers me. I don't see him as a bona fide top 2 D-man. He's more of a Solid 3-4 D-man who can fill in in the top 2 when needed. We can say its because he's still young but that's not really the case.

His last 3 seasons, he's avg 0.55 pts / game, 0.65 pts/game and last year 0.60 pts per game.

We thought with the loss of Ehrhoff, he would take over and add more points but we can see that the last 3 years have been about the same. We've already seen his upside. What you see is what you get.

He'll do great things like step up and make a huge hit like he did to Kane and Doughty but then he'll also make mistakes which will lead to bad goals.

I think his hype could be used to our advantage and we can trade him while his value is high and get a better return

I would offer somewhere between 5-5.5 depending on contract length and if he wants more, I would honestly rather trade him.

If I was going to sign him for 6m and up, I would rather trade him

#49 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,007 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

Bieksa:

Ehrhoff:

You got that right. Ehrhoff doesn't play physical, avoids a fight and I cannot even imagine what a disaster he would be in a shutdown role. Bieksa can do all those things and still put up 40+ points without the benfit of Sedin PP time. They are in different leagues indeed.
Posted Image

#50 Mayray2112

Mayray2112

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

did you not suggest that playing with the sedins is hard? Carson who was struggling to get a job got 50 points...

So you judge bieksa based on injury riddled seasons but Ehrhoff is untouchable.

ps everyone plays injured in the playoffs

Edited by Mayray2112, 28 September 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#51 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

Ehrhoff's total contract value is $40M. Bieksa's is $23M (if I'm not mistaken).

See the difference?

#52 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

Ehrhoff played injured for 7 games while Bieksa played injured for 3.

Correct.Seven games against Boston but he injured his shoulder in game 3 vs San Jose.
Bieksa took the Peverly two-hander in game 2 of the finals.
Ehrhoff still managed to outscore Bieksa with one hand and one shoulder.

#53 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

You got that right. Ehrhoff doesn't play physical, avoids a fight and I cannot even imagine what a disaster he would be in a shutdown role. Bieksa can do all those things and still put up 40+ points without the benfit of Sedin PP time. They are in different leagues indeed.

Money talks.Nonsense walks.

#54 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

Letting Torres go was worse than Ehrhoff

Edler-Ehrhoff pairing was good, but eh.. They were pretty bad defensively

Posted Image

#55 Mayray2112

Mayray2112

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

Correct.Seven games against Boston but he injured his shoulder in game 3 vs San Jose.

can you even read?

2g Ehrhoff
5g Bieksa

#56 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

Garrett had three higher offers and signed early with us. Had he waited even a day, he would have had a bidding war. The 6m range is about right for a 40+ point d-man on the open market. Like Hamhuis, Garrett simply wanted to play here and took considerably less to do it. He took around 20% less than he could have had on the open market. Just as Hamhuis did. Two years ago hockey analysts estimated Hamhuis in the 5.5 to 6m range. They are considerably more objective than Canuck fans and more often than not right in the ballpark. The Canucks have been very lucky with several of their contracts.

WHAT?!?!?

You're telling me that you think there's a team out there that offered Garrison (Jason Garrett is the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, by the way) a 6-year deal, at $5.5M per?!? The term is critical - on a 1 or a 2-year deal, sure, maybe. But over 6 years, $5.5M per? Is that what you're actually saying?!?

BTW - Garrison broke the 30-point barrier this year, for the first time in his short NHL career. He is not a "40+ point" defenceman.

Like so many others you are confusing salary with cap hit. Suter has a 13 year deal that ends with cap reducers and he "makes" 12m, 12m, 11m, 9m, 9m, 9m, 9m, 9m, and 8m in the first 8 years of that deal. You don;t think Edler could get 7m compared to that?

Cash is not relevant, cap hit is. Suter's cap hit is $7.5M. There's a chance that Edler could've got $7M if he was a UFA this year, but I doubt it. He's just not at that level. He's not even an established #1 on our team. Ryan Suter and Shea Weber carried Nashville on their backs, along with Pekka Rinne. Alex Edler is not at their level.

#57 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

Money talks.Nonsense walks.

Which is why Ehrhoff walked.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#58 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,165 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

I thought Bieska got a two hander in the San Jose series?

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#59 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,165 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

Letting Torres go was worse than Ehrhoff

Edler-Ehrhoff pairing was good, but eh.. They were pretty bad defensively

I have to agree with this...Torres Lappy Hansen made that third line dangerous.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#60 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

I think his hype could be used to our advantage and we can trade him while his value is high and get a better return

I would offer somewhere between 5-5.5 depending on contract length and if he wants more, I would honestly rather trade him.

Good take.

He could be used along with Luongo to get quite the package out of Toronto, if Luongo would actually waive his NTC to go there, which I personally find difficult to believe.

I'd love to bring Phaneuf to Vancouver, personally, though I'd think that the odds of getting him out of Toronto would be very low.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.