The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wolves training camp thread. **UPDATED**, roster down to 31

Ossi Vaananen

I felt it was worthy of a thread. Chicago Wolves open their training camp today with a roster of 49 players. The roster can be found here: http://www.chicagowo...fs/TCRoster.pdf

30 forwards, 15 defensemen, 4 goaltenders

Any early predictions on who will make it? Line ups?

Will Cannata land the back up job? Can Archibald/Friesen crack the Wolves line up?

I figure this is at least something Canucks related to get excited about.

Second round of cuts 10/08/12: http://www.chicagowolves.com/news/releases/item/3295-wolves-make-roster-moves

I didn't know Frizzin and Mallat had such good #'s in 2011/2012. Good to c all da playa's out though, and I wish all of da playa's da most high amount of luck I can possibly wish dum in the coming 2012/2013 months.

P.S. I know I spilt sum thing wrong, but I must 'cuz of this: /topic/335896-set-the-next-poster-a-challenge/">http://forum.canucks...er-a-challenge/

Lots of players to fill limited spots, although they'll have to plan ahead for the possibility of losing guys like Tanev, Kassian, Ebbett, etc. to the big club if and when the NHL season gets going. Not saying they'll have a mass exodus but any number of those guys will be invited to camp, and it's hard to plan for who will stick and what replacement players you'll need as a result.

Wow lots of competition, should make for an interesting camp. I'm sure there are many posters on here more familar with wolves players and prospects but to get the conversation started I'll start by predicting the opening day lines.

Sterling Schroder Kassian

Rodin Ebbett Haydar

Sweatt Mallet Desbiens

Archibald Pinizotto Gordon

extra: Longpre, Kell

Joslin Tanev

Connauton Sauve

Andersson Mullen

extra: Polasek

Lack

Cannata

thoughts?

Does anybody know why Jeremie Blain wasn't re-signed by Edmonton? I heard their scouts were high on him. He is a very Connauton-esque prospect. An absolute beast offensively in junior but also brings size and grit. Terrible defensively from what i've read. He could very well be a top 3 defensive prospect for us by the end of the year.

Another guy who is exciting is Mathieu Corbeil. A highly touted 4th round pick who slumped a bit before coming up with an awesome season as a starter last year. An ECHL tandem of Cannata and Corbeil is pretty phenomenal in terms of goaltending prospects.

From a purely AHL view it is great to see a guy like Brett Sterling at camp. A 30 goal scorer in the AHL who got called up for 4 games with the Blues.

Sweatt - Shroeder - Kassian

Rodin - Ebbet - Haydar

Longpre - Armstong - Schneider

Archibald - Pinizotto - Desbien

extras - Miller, Sterling (he's small, but sure can score)

Connaughton - Tanev

Matheson - Sauve

Joslin - Mullen

extras - Polasek, Miskovic

Lack

Corbeil-Theriault

A lot of options for the Wolves. I think the AHL guys have the edge over the ECL youngsters. Will be an interesting season with some of the NHL rookies playing in the AHL.

Wow lots of competition, should make for an interesting camp. I'm sure there are many posters on here more familar with wolves players and prospects but to get the conversation started I'll start by predicting the opening day lines.

Rodin Ebbett Haydar

Sweatt Mallet Desbiens

Archibald Pinizotto Gordon

extra: Longpre, Kell

Joslin Tanev

Connauton Sauve

Andersson Mullen

extra: Polasek

Lack

Cannata

thoughts?

Frack; look at Connauton's numbers in the AHL last year. Only 1 point behind Sweatt? We were certainly wasting space with Gragnani!

Kassian's minor league #'s look great as well, as did Archibald in Kalamazoo! Could we have a power game coming?

Mullen's D numbers at the minor league level look fantastic???

It will be interesting. We have 7 D prospects, 2 goalies, 4 LW, 4 RW and 5 centre's amongst Chicago's camp invitee's. They have to keep some of their own signed players. I wonder who won't make the squad?

I felt it was worthy of a thread. Chicago Wolves open their training camp today with a roster of 49 players. The roster can be found here: http://www.chicagowo...fs/TCRoster.pdf

30 forwards, 15 defensemen, 4 goaltenders

Any early predictions on who will make it? Line ups?

Will Cannata land the back up job? Can Archibald/Friesen crack the Wolves line up?

I figure this is at least something Canucks related to get excited about.

I'm surprised no one really has Friesen in their lineups (aside from Vaananen here with him as an extra) Kid was great for his team this past season and in the playoffs.

Rodin Ebbett Haydar

Sweatt Mallet Pinizzotto

Archibald Friesen Desbiens

extra: Miller, Longpre/Gordon

Gordon's probably more likely to take a 4th line spot than Archibald at this point, but I'd rather see Archibald there. Mind you I'd rather not have Sweatt on the team and either Archie or Desbiens in that spot with Gordon on the 4th.

Mullen Tanev

Connauton Sauve

Polasek Joslin

extra: Andersson/Negrin

A little surprised Calgary gave up on Negrin already. Really don't know enough about the Wolves' invites to know whether or not it makes sense for them to stick

Lack

Cannata

Goalie situation is quite interesting as both Lack and Cannata seem like they could be AHL starters and the other 2 goalies seem quite capable as well with Climie showing as much from his stats already in the AHL, and Corbeil has good numbers both in win/loss and GAA in the high scoring Q.

Archived