#151 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

Told.

actually no, not told. This was my last post which he took the opportunity to ignore:

What I did initially was blow them off, which is what should be done when minor semantics start taking over a thread. This is a common theme on CDC that should be stopped. I do not owe them an apology for hijacking a thread in which they have yet to add something substantive with the exclusion of avelanch.

I moved on as soon as the comment was said, and since had my question answered about Gordon (same response) which led to a minor discussion on Longpre's history - this is supporting discussion within the thread.

As you can see, I am opting not to respond to the trolling, but rather trying to keep this thread on topic. As per the attacks for the one liner, I'm really not the one that should be apologizing. I have proven countless times, even in this thread of various research contributed before posting. See terms on veteran limits and Canucks contracts on Wolves. Once again I will reiterate, stay on topic this is the Wolves training camp thread. If you want to open a thread to bash me for not knowing visors were a requirement in the AHL, then do so; I can't be the only one who didn't know.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#152 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

Schwartz just scored, 3-2 Peoria. Looks like Climie is choking

2d7ye0p.jpg

#153 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

Friesen had a breakaway but was slashed. Somehow it didn't equal a penalty shot.

It's too bad cause he needed to do something in this game.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#154 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,206 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

game recap:

Wolves Doubled Up by Peoria, 4-2

HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill.---The Chicago Wolves and Peoria Rivermen traded goals through 40 minutes, but the Rivermen grabbed two third-period tallies to earn a 4-2 preseason victory Friday night at the Triphahn Community Center and Ice Arena.

Left wing Bill Sweatt scored both goals for Chicago, while right wing Darren Haydar and defensemen Brad Hunt andZach Miskovic recorded assists.

Chicago (1-1-0-1) and Peoria (2-0-0-0) entered the third period deadlocked 2-2, but Rivermen left wing Jaden Schwartz scored a pair of unassisted tallies seven minutes apart to decide the outcome of the game.

Schwartz’s first goal of the night came at the 12:24 mark of the final frame when he forced a turnover in front of the Wolves net and one-timed a shot past Chicago netminder Matt Climie. Schwartz iced the game for Peoria with 28 seconds remaining when he picked the pocket of a Wolves defender and snuck a shot through Climie’s legs.

The Wolves opened scoring on the power play 6:14 into the first period when Sweatt held the puck in the far circle and snapped a shot over Rivermen goaltender Mike McKenna’s glove.
Peoria tied the score at one when right wing Cody Beach snuck a pass through the crease to Phil McRae, who tapped home a shot past Climie.

Sweatt’s second goal of the night gave the Wolves a 2-1 lead at 12:08 of the second period. His shot from the top of the slot deflected off a Rivermen defender and past McKenna.

McKenna (1-0-0) stopped 32 of 34 shots.

Peoria drew even when right wing Anthony Peluso tipped a shot past Climie at 18:33.

Climie (0-1-0) posted 31 shots in the loss.

The Wolves close out their preseason schedule with a game against the Milwaukee Admirals at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Milwaukee School of Engineering Kern Center.

Peoria 1 1 2 -- 4
Chicago 1 1 0 -- 2

First Period---1, Chicago, Sweatt 1 (Haydar, Hunt), 6:14 pp; 2, Peoria, McRae 1 (Beach), 15:05. Penalties---Ponich, Peoria (high-sticking), 5:29; Cundari, Peoria (slashing), 7:53; Miller, Chicago (hooking), 11:08.

Second Period---3, Chicago, Sweatt 2 (Miskovic), 12:08; 4, Peoria, Peluso 1 (Ponich), 18:33. Penalties---Connauton, Chicago (interference), 0:12.

Third Period---5, Peoria, Schwartz 1 (unassisted), 12:24; 6, Peoria, Schwartz 2 (unassisted), 19:32 pp. Penalties---Miskovic, Chicago (boarding), 5:53; Friesen, Chicago (tripping), 6:07; Cundari, Peoria (slashing), 8:25; Grachev, Peoria (roughing), 12:16; Archibald, Chicago (boarding), 12:16; Matheson, Chicago (tripping), 19:03.

Shots on goal---Peoria: 12-10-13—35; Chicago: 10-15-9-34. Power plays---Peoria: 1-4; Chicago: 1-3. Goalies---Peoria, McKenna (32-34); Chicago, Climie (31-35). A---N/A. Referee---Jarrod Ragusin. Linesmen---Peter Cichy and Aaron M. Mills.

#155 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

actually no, not told. This was my last post which he took the opportunity to ignore:

As you can see, I am opting not to respond to the trolling, but rather trying to keep this thread on topic. As per the attacks for the one liner, I'm really not the one that should be apologizing. I have proven countless times, even in this thread of various research contributed before posting. See terms on veteran limits and Canucks contracts on Wolves. Once again I will reiterate, stay on topic this is the Wolves training camp thread. If you want to open a thread to bash me for not knowing visors were a requirement in the AHL, then do so; I can't be the only one who didn't know.

First off, my friend, your use of "semantics" isn't correct. Semantic isn't, as you are presuming, minute details in a larger scope of an argument ...Semantics are the variations of the perception of language. The minute details, in the scope of just that. You haven't indicated in your post or the follow ups that you meant something else other than what you've already said...so, I have to say I am slightly lost.

It's not that you aren't responding to trolling...I mean, perhaps there were a few chunks of fur missing from your hide after your post that may or may not have been warranted, but, that's the name of the game with debate...but it is that you aren't responding to being wrong. Just admit, okay, I was wrong guys, chill out. WOAH SPAZ! haha. If you're too forthcoming with your posts in other areas, people will take liberties when they see a chink in your armor in these. I don't take anything away form your dedication (which out dedicates mine, obviously) in this and other topics relating to the minors, but when you're wrong, sometimes it's easier to just say ' haha yea, my bad ' , than to get your back up in the corner.

Dasein contributed a lot to the minors forum when I was more active so I have to defend him when it comes to your point about him not contributing, if he was who you were talking about.

People only gave you heck because you were giving Kassian a shot while posting. Next time, if you aren't sure about the facts, save that for the posts where you are, and you won't get that in return :)

Cheers bud. I didn't mean any offense. Just though he 'told' you quite well. Looking forward to the televised AHL and the subsequent GDT's with you and everyone else :) (if the NHL doesn't get their crap together!)

-NB

Edited by Navyblue, 05 October 2012 - 10:06 PM.

Posted Image

#156 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

Climie is not a starter. He's too inconsistent, as he showed last season.

Lack and Cannata should be 1 and 2.

Posted Image

#157 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

Climie is not a starter. He's too inconsistent, as he showed last season.

Lack and Cannata should be 1 and 2.

I fully agree, but the larger challenge to this might be the dark horse in Corbeil. I hope Cannata gets some time in the last preseason game. Gawd, I just wish some kind of upper management could give indication of who stood out, twitter or otherwise. But I guess the next round of cuts is coming soon.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#158 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

First off, my friend, your use of "semantics" isn't correct. Semantic isn't, as you are presuming, minute details in a larger scope of an argument ...Semantics are the variations of the perception of language. The minute details, in the scope of just that. You haven't indicated in your post or the follow ups that you meant something else other than what you've already said...so, I have to say I am slightly lost.

It's not that you aren't responding to trolling...I mean, perhaps there were a few chunks of fur missing from your hide after your post that may or may not have been warranted, but, that's the name of the game with debate...but it is that you aren't responding to being wrong. Just admit, okay, I was wrong guys, chill out. WOAH SPAZ! haha. If you're too forthcoming with your posts in other areas, people will take liberties when they see a chink in your armor in these. I don't take anything away form your dedication (which out dedicates mine, obviously) in this and other topics relating to the minors, but when you're wrong, sometimes it's easier to just say ' haha yea, my bad ' , than to get your back up in the corner.

Dasein contributed a lot to the minors forum when I was more active so I have to defend him when it comes to your point about him not contributing, if he was who you were talking about.

People only gave you heck because you were giving Kassian a shot while posting. Next time, if you aren't sure about the facts, save that for the posts where you are, and you won't get that in return :)

Cheers bud. I didn't mean any offense. Just though he 'told' you quite well. Looking forward to the televised AHL and the subsequent GDT's with you and everyone else :) (if the NHL doesn't get their crap together!)

-NB

Once again, I'm not biting. Continue to look like an ass when facing a non-combatant. Here is a thread you can take the visor frustration to: http://forum.canucks...to-wear-visors/ . It seems I'm not the only one who didn't know. Feel free to post there, if you have thoughts pertaining to the Wolves camp then post here.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#159 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

Once again, I'm not biting. Continue to look like an ass when facing a non-combatant. Here is a thread you can take the visor frustration to: http://forum.canucks...to-wear-visors/ . It seems I'm not the only one who didn't know. Feel free to post there, if you have thoughts pertaining to the Wolves camp then post here.

??

I was responding to the quote notification where you made some statements about my "told".

My boss actually does this sometimes. Says something ridiculous and just as I am correcting him "I don't want to talk about it!" haha. Anyway, thanks for making me laugh. I'm glad he isn't alone in his ways :)
Posted Image

#160 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,206 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

Posted ImageJason shaver ‏@theshaves

Lines 4 the Wolves game in Milwaukee 2nite Archibald-Longpre-Davies Sweatt-Schroeder-Kassian Rodin-Mallet-Pinizzotto T.Miller-Friesen-Matson

Dpairs Connauton-Andersson Matheson-Mullin Joslin-Hunt. Eddie Lack in goal Corbeil backs up. Follow @Chicago_Wolves tonight for game tweets

Wolves have one roster change Nathan Longpre is battling the flu so Keaton Miller will play instead.

Don't expect any roster moves from the Wolves until Monday. Tomorrow is an off day for the team. #letthereberest

Lines:
Archibald-K. Miller-Davies
Sweatt-Schroeder-Kassian
Rodin-Mallet-Pinizzotto
T.Miller-Friesen-Matson

Connauton-Andersson
Matheson-Mullin
Joslin-Hunt

Lack
Corbeil

Edited by avelanch, 06 October 2012 - 01:29 PM.

#161 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

I love that second line. Cannata has only seen 30 minutes of preseason action, little disappointed that he won't dress tonight. Andersson getting yet another look.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#162 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

That second line could be a preview of what we'll see at the start of the season. Hopefully they shine tonight.

Last chance for Archibald, Friesen, Mallet, Matson, and Andersson to show what they've got. Hopefully they can impress.

Posted Image

#163 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,206 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

lack will be playing a full game, no switching with corbell. cannata wouldn't gain anything from dressing tonight.

#164 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

lack will be playing a full game, no switching with corbell. cannata wouldn't gain anything from dressing tonight.

I think they know what Cannata is capable of. He`s been stellar every time he has played.

Realistically though, Lack and Climie will be number 1 and 2 to start the season. And Cannata will likely start in Kalamazoo, at least until the lockout is over, Luongo is traded, and Lack is brought up to the Canucks.

Posted Image

#165 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Looks like 2-0 Wolves, 1. Matheson from Friesen, 2. Schroeder from Archibald, Hunt

2d7ye0p.jpg

#166 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,206 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

3-1 wolves 4:31 into the 3rd

wolves scoring summary:
1.Mark Matheson from Alex Friesen
2.Jordan Schroeder from Brad Hunt and Darren Archibald
3.Jordan Schroeder from Derek Joslin

#167 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,206 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

game writeup:

06 OCTOBER 2012
Wolves Wrap Up Preseason With Win At Milwaukee

Center Jordan Schroeder scored a pair of second-period goals to guide the Chicago Wolves to a 3-1 victory Saturday night at Kern Center in their final tuneup for the 2012-13 American Hockey League season.

Veteran defenseman Mark Matheson also scored for the Wolves, who finished the preseason with a 2-1-0-1 record. Goaltender Eddie Lack played the entire game and posted 29 saves to earn his second win in as many exhibition appearances.
Chicago struck first on Matheson's goal at 8:13 of the second period. Rookie center Alex Friesen earned the assist on the play. Schroeder followed just 1 minute, 33 seconds, later with his second goal of the preseason. Defenseman Brad Hunt and left wing Darren Archibald picked up assists.
Schroeder added a power-play goal at 16:24 of the second period as defenseman Derek Joslin posted his third preseason assist. The Admirals (0-1-0-1) posted their goal in the third period when forward Ben Ryan tallied at the 4:31 mark.
Milwaukee rookie goaltender Magnus Hellberg (0-1-1) stopped 10 of 12 shots before being replaced by Jeremy Smith midway through the second period.
The Wolves host the Rockford IceHogs in their 19th season opener, presented by LifeSource, at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 13 at Allstate Arena. For tickets, visit ChicagoWolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
Chicago 0 3 0 -- 3
Milwaukee 0 0 1 -- 1
First Period---None. Penalties---Andersson, Chicago (tripping), 0:21; Bitetto, Milwaukee (high-sticking), 4:16; Latta, Milwaukee (delay of game), 19:10; Davies, Chicago (high-sticking), 19:54.
Second Period---1, Chicago, Matheson 1 (Friesen), 8:13; 2, Chicago, Schroeder 2 (Hunt, Archibald), 9:46; 3, Chicago, Schroeder 3 (Joslin), 16:24, pp. Penalties---Kassian, Chicago (cross-checking, roughing), 0:39; Henderson, Milwaukee (high-sticking double minor), 12:36; Rodin, Chicago (boarding) 13:40.
Third Period---4, Milwaukee, Ryan 1 (Bouvet-Morrissette, MacLellan), 4:31. Penalties---Davies, Chicago (hooking), 1:52; Ekholm, Milwaukee (interference), 8:31; Pinizzotto,, Chicago (roughing), 12:48; Henderson, Milwaukee (high-sticking), 18:49.
Shots on goal---Chicago 7-11-5---23; Milwaukee 9-10-11---30. Power plays---Chicago 1-6; Milwaukee 0-6. Goalies---Chicago, Lack (29-30); Milwaukee, Hellberg (10-12), replaced at 29:46, Smith (10-11). A---N/A. Referee---Nik Leduc. Linesmen---Aaron Mills and Alex Stagnone.

http://chicagowolves...in-at-milwaukee

Edited by avelanch, 06 October 2012 - 08:25 PM.

#168 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

Schredder with a big night. Game recap here: http://chicagowolves...in-at-milwaukee

Matheson's goal was off his skate, Friesen was the one who passed it for what that's worth.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#169 Drop Em

Drop Em

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

-NB

Very well said. A little bit of constructive criticism but with some diplomacy..... Everyone has more respect for someone and it makes it easier to move forward if they admit that they made a mistake and shouldn't have made a stupid off handed comment without knowing all of the facts first. It's called manning up but apparently not everyone is able to do so. Instead we're being accused of trolling and straying off topic by someone who made a comment in a thread and didn't like the responses to his comment.

#170 Drop Em

Drop Em

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

You're right, not everyone does know the visor rule, although I'm sure that most dedicated hockey fans do. But not everyone made the ridiculous comment that you made in this thread pertaining to Kassian, visors and gooning it up.

#171 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

Looks like Sunday is an off day, roster cuts expected on Monday. Presently at 38 players.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#172 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,734 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

OK, time to drop the argument to focus on posting on topic please....

Posted Image

#173 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,985 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

So what? 15 more cuts? I am not too familiar with ahl roster rules but I would assume the have a 23 player roster rule tas well.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#174 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,525 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

So what? 15 more cuts? I am not too familiar with ahl roster rules but I would assume the have a 23 player roster rule tas well.

There are no roster limits in the AHL.

Posted Image

#175 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

So no points for Kassian in the preseason?

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#176 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

Kassian is a bust.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#177 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

So no points for Kassian in the preseason?

yeah i think 0 points in 2 games, not a big deal. If he plays with schroeder ans sweatt he will definitely pickup some points, love the look of that line. speed, skill, grit.

#178 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

Kassian may not have gotten any points, but what he does do is open up the ice for a smaller skilled player like Schroeder.

So even though it may not show on the score sheet, if his linemates are scoring, Kassian is doing his job.

Edited by DeNiro, 07 October 2012 - 06:08 PM.

Posted Image

#179 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Kassian is a bust.

preseason lol

#180 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,206 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

preseason lol

Posted Image

Edited by avelanch, 07 October 2012 - 07:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.