The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wolves training camp thread. **UPDATED**, roster down to 31

Ossi Vaananen

game writeup:

06 OCTOBER 2012

Wolves Wrap Up Preseason With Win At Milwaukee

Center Jordan Schroeder scored a pair of second-period goals to guide the Chicago Wolves to a 3-1 victory Saturday night at Kern Center in their final tuneup for the 2012-13 American Hockey League season.

Veteran defenseman Mark Matheson also scored for the Wolves, who finished the preseason with a 2-1-0-1 record. Goaltender Eddie Lack played the entire game and posted 29 saves to earn his second win in as many exhibition appearances.

Chicago struck first on Matheson's goal at 8:13 of the second period. Rookie center Alex Friesen earned the assist on the play. Schroeder followed just 1 minute, 33 seconds, later with his second goal of the preseason. Defenseman Brad Hunt and left wing Darren Archibald picked up assists.

Schroeder added a power-play goal at 16:24 of the second period as defenseman Derek Joslin posted his third preseason assist. The Admirals (0-1-0-1) posted their goal in the third period when forward Ben Ryan tallied at the 4:31 mark.

Milwaukee rookie goaltender Magnus Hellberg (0-1-1) stopped 10 of 12 shots before being replaced by Jeremy Smith midway through the second period.

The Wolves host the Rockford IceHogs in their 19th season opener, presented by LifeSource, at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 13 at Allstate Arena. For tickets, visit ChicagoWolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.

Chicago 0 3 0 -- 3

Milwaukee 0 0 1 -- 1

First Period---None. Penalties---Andersson, Chicago (tripping), 0:21; Bitetto, Milwaukee (high-sticking), 4:16; Latta, Milwaukee (delay of game), 19:10; Davies, Chicago (high-sticking), 19:54.

Second Period---1, Chicago, Matheson 1 (Friesen), 8:13; 2, Chicago, Schroeder 2 (Hunt, Archibald), 9:46; 3, Chicago, Schroeder 3 (Joslin), 16:24, pp. Penalties---Kassian, Chicago (cross-checking, roughing), 0:39; Henderson, Milwaukee (high-sticking double minor), 12:36; Rodin, Chicago (boarding) 13:40.

Third Period---4, Milwaukee, Ryan 1 (Bouvet-Morrissette, MacLellan), 4:31. Penalties---Davies, Chicago (hooking), 1:52; Ekholm, Milwaukee (interference), 8:31; Pinizzotto,, Chicago (roughing), 12:48; Henderson, Milwaukee (high-sticking), 18:49.

Shots on goal---Chicago 7-11-5---23; Milwaukee 9-10-11---30. Power plays---Chicago 1-6; Milwaukee 0-6. Goalies---Chicago, Lack (29-30); Milwaukee, Hellberg (10-12), replaced at 29:46, Smith (10-11). A---N/A. Referee---Nik Leduc. Linesmen---Aaron Mills and Alex Stagnone.

First off, my friend, your use of "semantics" isn't correct. Semantic isn't, as you are presuming, minute details in a larger scope of an argument ...Semantics are the variations of the perception of language. The minute details, in the scope of just that. You haven't indicated in your post or the follow ups that you meant something else other than what you've already said...so, I have to say I am slightly lost.

It's not that you aren't responding to trolling...I mean, perhaps there were a few chunks of fur missing from your hide after your post that may or may not have been warranted, but, that's the name of the game with debate...but it is that you aren't responding to being wrong. Just admit, okay, I was wrong guys, chill out. WOAH SPAZ! haha. If you're too forthcoming with your posts in other areas, people will take liberties when they see a chink in your armor in these. I don't take anything away form your dedication (which out dedicates mine, obviously) in this and other topics relating to the minors, but when you're wrong, sometimes it's easier to just say ' haha yea, my bad ' , than to get your back up in the corner.

Dasein contributed a lot to the minors forum when I was more active so I have to defend him when it comes to your point about him not contributing, if he was who you were talking about.

People only gave you heck because you were giving Kassian a shot while posting. Next time, if you aren't sure about the facts, save that for the posts where you are, and you won't get that in return :)

Cheers bud. I didn't mean any offense. Just though he 'told' you quite well. Looking forward to the televised AHL and the subsequent GDT's with you and everyone else :) (if the NHL doesn't get their crap together!)

-NB

Once again, I'm not biting. Continue to look like an ass when facing a non-combatant. Here is a thread you can take the visor frustration to: /topic/336079-ahl-players-are-required-to-wear-visors/">http://forum.canucks...to-wear-visors/ . It seems I'm not the only one who didn't know. Feel free to post there, if you have thoughts pertaining to the Wolves camp then post here.

Archived