The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wolves training camp thread. **UPDATED**, roster down to 31

Ossi Vaananen

lmao, you kids are still on the semantics. It's a pretty good indication of intelligence when you can't contribute something new to a thread. The children already freaked out, you missed your chance to correct me on something very minor.

Actually, it's an even better indication of a lack of intelligence, when you post something as stupid as what you did without doing some ground work or research first. But it's an even bigger indication of a lack of cojones when you refuse to admit that you screwed up and then get defensive when someone points out why your statement was garbage.

Of course it's semantics to you, but only because more than one person called you out for not knowing what you're talking about after shooting your yap off with a stupid comment about Kassian and then, and only then, you try to gloss over and disregard it by telling people to stay on topic. Well, the topic was your uneducated comment about Kassian and his visor. And just because you don't have the sac to admit that you made a mistake and that you made a stupid, uninformed comment, doesn't mean that the rest of us are arguing over semantics...................but good try.

game recap:

Wolves Doubled Up by Peoria, 4-2

HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill.---The Chicago Wolves and Peoria Rivermen traded goals through 40 minutes, but the Rivermen grabbed two third-period tallies to earn a 4-2 preseason victory Friday night at the Triphahn Community Center and Ice Arena.

Left wing Bill Sweatt scored both goals for Chicago, while right wing Darren Haydar and defensemen Brad Hunt andZach Miskovic recorded assists.

Chicago (1-1-0-1) and Peoria (2-0-0-0) entered the third period deadlocked 2-2, but Rivermen left wing Jaden Schwartz scored a pair of unassisted tallies seven minutes apart to decide the outcome of the game.

Schwartz’s first goal of the night came at the 12:24 mark of the final frame when he forced a turnover in front of the Wolves net and one-timed a shot past Chicago netminder Matt Climie. Schwartz iced the game for Peoria with 28 seconds remaining when he picked the pocket of a Wolves defender and snuck a shot through Climie’s legs.

The Wolves opened scoring on the power play 6:14 into the first period when Sweatt held the puck in the far circle and snapped a shot over Rivermen goaltender Mike McKenna’s glove.

Peoria tied the score at one when right wing Cody Beach snuck a pass through the crease to Phil McRae, who tapped home a shot past Climie.

Sweatt’s second goal of the night gave the Wolves a 2-1 lead at 12:08 of the second period. His shot from the top of the slot deflected off a Rivermen defender and past McKenna.

McKenna (1-0-0) stopped 32 of 34 shots.

Peoria drew even when right wing Anthony Peluso tipped a shot past Climie at 18:33.

Climie (0-1-0) posted 31 shots in the loss.

The Wolves close out their preseason schedule with a game against the Milwaukee Admirals at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Milwaukee School of Engineering Kern Center.

Peoria 1 1 2 -- 4

Chicago 1 1 0 -- 2

First Period---1, Chicago, Sweatt 1 (Haydar, Hunt), 6:14 pp; 2, Peoria, McRae 1 (Beach), 15:05. Penalties---Ponich, Peoria (high-sticking), 5:29; Cundari, Peoria (slashing), 7:53; Miller, Chicago (hooking), 11:08.

Second Period---3, Chicago, Sweatt 2 (Miskovic), 12:08; 4, Peoria, Peluso 1 (Ponich), 18:33. Penalties---Connauton, Chicago (interference), 0:12.

Third Period---5, Peoria, Schwartz 1 (unassisted), 12:24; 6, Peoria, Schwartz 2 (unassisted), 19:32 pp. Penalties---Miskovic, Chicago (boarding), 5:53; Friesen, Chicago (tripping), 6:07; Cundari, Peoria (slashing), 8:25; Grachev, Peoria (roughing), 12:16; Archibald, Chicago (boarding), 12:16; Matheson, Chicago (tripping), 19:03.

Shots on goal---Peoria: 12-10-13—35; Chicago: 10-15-9-34. Power plays---Peoria: 1-4; Chicago: 1-3. Goalies---Peoria, McKenna (32-34); Chicago, Climie (31-35). A---N/A. Referee---Jarrod Ragusin. Linesmen---Peter Cichy and Aaron M. Mills.

actually no, not told. This was my last post which he took the opportunity to ignore:

As you can see, I am opting not to respond to the trolling, but rather trying to keep this thread on topic. As per the attacks for the one liner, I'm really not the one that should be apologizing. I have proven countless times, even in this thread of various research contributed before posting. See terms on veteran limits and Canucks contracts on Wolves. Once again I will reiterate, stay on topic this is the Wolves training camp thread. If you want to open a thread to bash me for not knowing visors were a requirement in the AHL, then do so; I can't be the only one who didn't know.

First off, my friend, your use of "semantics" isn't correct. Semantic isn't, as you are presuming, minute details in a larger scope of an argument ...Semantics are the variations of the perception of language. The minute details, in the scope of just that. You haven't indicated in your post or the follow ups that you meant something else other than what you've already said...so, I have to say I am slightly lost.

It's not that you aren't responding to trolling...I mean, perhaps there were a few chunks of fur missing from your hide after your post that may or may not have been warranted, but, that's the name of the game with debate...but it is that you aren't responding to being wrong. Just admit, okay, I was wrong guys, chill out. WOAH SPAZ! haha. If you're too forthcoming with your posts in other areas, people will take liberties when they see a chink in your armor in these. I don't take anything away form your dedication (which out dedicates mine, obviously) in this and other topics relating to the minors, but when you're wrong, sometimes it's easier to just say ' haha yea, my bad ' , than to get your back up in the corner.

Dasein contributed a lot to the minors forum when I was more active so I have to defend him when it comes to your point about him not contributing, if he was who you were talking about.

People only gave you heck because you were giving Kassian a shot while posting. Next time, if you aren't sure about the facts, save that for the posts where you are, and you won't get that in return :)

Cheers bud. I didn't mean any offense. Just though he 'told' you quite well. Looking forward to the televised AHL and the subsequent GDT's with you and everyone else :) (if the NHL doesn't get their crap together!)

-NB

Once again, I'm not biting. Continue to look like an ass when facing a non-combatant. Here is a thread you can take the visor frustration to: /topic/336079-ahl-players-are-required-to-wear-visors/">http://forum.canucks...to-wear-visors/ . It seems I'm not the only one who didn't know. Feel free to post there, if you have thoughts pertaining to the Wolves camp then post here.

Jason-Shaver-700kb_normal.jpgJason shaver ‏@theshaves

Lines 4 the Wolves game in Milwaukee 2nite Archibald-Longpre-Davies Sweatt-Schroeder-Kassian Rodin-Mallet-Pinizzotto T.Miller-Friesen-Matson

Dpairs Connauton-Andersson Matheson-Mullin Joslin-Hunt. Eddie Lack in goal Corbeil backs up. Follow
tonight for game tweets

Wolves have one roster change Nathan Longpre is battling the flu so Keaton Miller will play instead.

Don't expect any roster moves from the Wolves until Monday. Tomorrow is an off day for the team.

Archived