The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ski cabins

John Uppercut

Can anyone recommend a good place to rent for 4-5 nights that is somewhere very close to a mountain?

Me and 5-6 people are looking to get together this winter and do some serious skiing.. looking at maybe big white, but there is about 1000 different places that we have never been. Open to go pretty much anywhere within a days drive ski in/out place would be awesome.

Does anyone ever to these kind of trips? know a spot or have a tip? let me know !

If your looking for a weekend getaway (perhaps a long weekend - from the lower mainland) then I highly recommend Lake Louise! It's about 20-30 mins out of Banff and it's phenomenal.

Also, if you've never been, Sun Peaks (20-30 mins out of Kamloops) is just gorgeous, and the hills are fantastic.

I dunno if there are any cabins in either area, but it's nothing a little light research wouldn't solve! Good luck, and good skiing!

If you guys want to do serious skiing than head up to Golden, BC at Meadow Lodge. All the big name skiers go there

You wake up in the morning and all you see around you are lines on lines on lines. Mind you that there aren't any groomed runs or chair lifts, just pure backcountry and its hell of a time. Definitely have to do it.

web.jpg

Here's their website: http://www.goldenalpineholidays.com/

Just go to lodges.

If your looking for a weekend getaway (perhaps a long weekend - from the lower mainland) then I highly recommend Lake Louise! It's about 20-30 mins out of Banff and it's phenomenal.

Also, if you've never been, Sun Peaks (20-30 mins out of Kamloops) is just gorgeous, and the hills are fantastic.

I dunno if there are any cabins in either area, but it's nothing a little light research wouldn't solve! Good luck, and good skiing!

Archived