10 replies to this topic

#1 John Uppercut

John Uppercut

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Can anyone recommend a good place to rent for 4-5 nights that is somewhere very close to a mountain?

Me and 5-6 people are looking to get together this winter and do some serious skiing.. looking at maybe big white, but there is about 1000 different places that we have never been. Open to go pretty much anywhere within a days drive ski in/out place would be awesome.

Does anyone ever to these kind of trips? know a spot or have a tip? let me know !

Edited by John Uppercut, 28 September 2012 - 07:55 PM.

#2 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

If your looking for a weekend getaway (perhaps a long weekend - from the lower mainland) then I highly recommend Lake Louise! It's about 20-30 mins out of Banff and it's phenomenal.

Also, if you've never been, Sun Peaks (20-30 mins out of Kamloops) is just gorgeous, and the hills are fantastic.

I dunno if there are any cabins in either area, but it's nothing a little light research wouldn't solve! Good luck, and good skiing!

Edited by MaximYapierre, 28 September 2012 - 04:44 PM.

/=S=/

#3 biznasty

biznasty

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

Big white and sun peaks are gorgeous.
Posted Image

#4 John Uppercut

John Uppercut

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

Wow never even knew sun peaks existed, exactly why I posted this to find somewhere new !

seems like TripAdvisor has a LOT of places that sleep 6-10 for like 150-300 bucks a night too

#5 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

If you guys want to do serious skiing than head up to Golden, BC at Meadow Lodge. All the big name skiers go there

You wake up in the morning and all you see around you are lines on lines on lines. Mind you that there aren't any groomed runs or chair lifts, just pure backcountry and its hell of a time. Definitely have to do it.

Posted Image

Here's their website: http://www.goldenalpineholidays.com/

Just go to lodges.

Edited by Armada, 28 September 2012 - 09:51 PM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#6 sixwings

sixwings

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,278 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

The alpine club of canada has some awesome, well maintained huts. I spent a week in the asulkan hut a few years ago. Was outstanding. They are in the back country though.
Posted Image

#7 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

If your looking for a weekend getaway (perhaps a long weekend - from the lower mainland) then I highly recommend Lake Louise! It's about 20-30 mins out of Banff and it's phenomenal.

Also, if you've never been, Sun Peaks (20-30 mins out of Kamloops) is just gorgeous, and the hills are fantastic.

I dunno if there are any cabins in either area, but it's nothing a little light research wouldn't solve! Good luck, and good skiing!

AHHHHH....the beautiful lake Louise

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

Not sure if you can make the island but Mount Washington is pretty awesome. They have some fantastic ski in/ski out chalets at decent prices.
Posted Image

#9 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

Not sure if you can make the island but Mount Washington is pretty awesome. They have some fantastic ski in/ski out chalets at decent prices.

Second that. We usually rent a chalet once a year and my buddys boss lets us use his condo there a couple times as well. Get a chalet that sleeps 8 and fill it and the price ends up being very low per person. Very nice place free from the pretensions of Whistler and the local mountains.

Posted Image

#10 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:06 AM

A day's drive from where?

Mt Washington is pretty nice, but It's the only place I've ever been, so my opinion isn't worth much.

The views from the top are spectacular.

Edited by CAPSLOCK, 30 September 2012 - 01:07 AM.

"Suck it Phaneuf" -Scott Hartnell
The poster formerly known as "CAPSLOCK"
Posted Image

#11 John Uppercut

John Uppercut

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

A day's drive from where?

From Vancouver! Mt washington actually seems like it wouldn't take very long to get to at all.
Yeah the places we have been looking at are all a few bedrooms but say they sleep up to 8-10 or whatever so if you actually bring that many people its dirt cheap lol

Edited by John Uppercut, 30 September 2012 - 12:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.