Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WeatherWise

[Report] Nail Yakupov Cleared to Resume Playing in KHL

31 posts in this topic

I hope he stays over there. OHL made the right call. Sarnia got greedy, they still have Galchenyuk.

I hope he stays over there. OHL made the right call. Sarnia got greedy, they still have Galchenyuk.

HUGE blow for CHL hockey. But that being said, nothing Sarnia can do. CHL and Sarnia Sting of course would rather him play for them for many obvious reasons. But theres no point having him play when he wants to be in the KHL.

And that opens up the gates for other Russians to just walk out back to Russia! Horrible move imo.

I highly doubt that he is looking to stay there, and most russian players that decide to go to the KHL this year are just going to be near family and friends for the lockout. There might be a couple that stay, but who cares. If I were in their position I would be doing the same.

Hope he becomes a lifer, that'd be hilarious.

So,he didn't have proper representation? So friggin' what. One shouldn't be able to jump leagues willy nilly without the consent of the team that holds their rights.

Good for Yak.

Hockey Canada and OHL made the right decision. Yakupov needs to play against men to improve. He has already dominated the OHL. The Oilers, Yak and NHL are all better off with Yak playing in the KHL because he'll be a better player in the NHL when the lockout ends.

So,he didn't have proper representation? So friggin' what. One shouldn't be able to jump leagues willy nilly without the consent of the team that holds their rights.

If one player is allowed to walk away on his contract without any penalty or such what message does that send to other players? That it's okay?