• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canucks rock the world

[Proposal] Denis Grebeshkov?

What do you guys think of signing him to a year or 2 at 1 mill. he was a good 3/4 dman. i know we have our top 4 set but with Tanev and Ballard as our 5 and 6th dman. I was thinking he'd be better then Tanev and let Tanev have a full season with the wolves and fully develop.

thoughts?

Nah, Tanev has shown that he is ready for the big show. His defensive game is second only to hamhuis, and he spent his offseason getting in better shape and working on his shot. He will have a great season with the Canucks.

Nah I'd rather let Tanev develop into a well-rounded NHL D-man playing with Ballard than sign Grebeshkov to play in that position.

If he came cheaper than Tanev, I would have him with Alberts as our 7/8, if we don't want Connauton and friends to have any NHL time.

He was a decent player in the NHL, although not great defensively. Not bad to have in a #6 role who can also fill-in the top-four. He would likely being taking Tanev's spot in the lineup though. Comes down to Grebeshkov vs. Tanev.

Grebeshkov is just back end filler...a dime a dozen type player. I wouldn't waste a penny on this guy.

Grebeshkov while a decent skater with an OK shot is from what I recall from his time in Edmonton a defensive liability..If people think Ballard makes mistakes and turns the puck over too much this guy is way worse. So Pass from me, plus as others have said Tanev looks like he's the guy at the #6 D spot

If you can get Grebeshkov for 1M, you do it. You won't though. He's not in the NHL because he wants to make the money HE thinks he's worth. Which is 3.5M+.

He also once said that he'd rather win the World Champships then the Stanley Cup. I understand that he's from Russia and maybe doesn't have that connection to the cup that North Americans have but still...