The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lock out full year trades for Van

So Vans core group of players are getting older, lets be honest the sedins will slow down soon so we need young guys to help out and take over. Our window is probably only 1-3 years right now and with 1 year possibly going out the window Mike Gillis may want to think about doing a mini re build while still keeping most core players. The mini re build would give the young players we obtain a full year to train in our facilities, get to know their new teamates and build some chemistry. I for one do not want to end up like the calgary flames refusing that its time to get younger. Our prospects are not good right now, we really need to upgrade in that department or we will no longer be contenders in a couple of years. The way i see it all we have is: Jensen,Kassian, Schroeder, Lack and Gaunce is pretty iffy right now. I say we do trades close to these.

To Van:

Cody Franson, 1st round pick (2013)

To Tor:

Luongo, Gordon

To Van:

Nino Niederreiter, 1st round pick (2013)

to NYI:

Alex Edler,Mason Raymond

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Jensen

Niederreiter Lappy Hansen

Higgins Malhotra Kassian

Hamuis Bieksa

Franson Garisson

Ballard Tanev

Schnieder

Lack

Future Line up

Jensen Schroeder Kassian

Niederreiter Gaunce ?

That is without the 3 1st round picks that we would have in one of the deepest drafts... sounds like a pretty solid future to me.

The only reason we'd trade Edler is if Connauton and Tanev do so well in Chicago that Edler is expendable.

I just don't see that happening. You'd be making our defense weaker not stronger. Besides I'd trade Raymond for Nino straight up and I'd think that's overpayment. As bad as Raymond is he's not that poor at defense.

1) Toronto laughs at getting luongo for cheaper than col got Varlamov?

2) Edler wants more money than what we are willing to give him.... he is not our best defensemen but he wants paid more than him.

3) AV has said this Mg has said this and Higgins has said this, Higgins can be used in any role, he is a versitile foward. He can hit he can pass he can score. If we need a fourth line that will be agressive and make the other team make mistakes then you better damn well believe that Higgins will play the fourth line and he would do the role perfectly.

So Vans core group of players are getting older, lets be honest the sedins will slow down soon so we need young guys to help out and take over. Our window is probably only 1-3 years right now and with 1 year possibly going out the window Mike Gillis may want to think about doing a mini re build while still keeping most core players. The mini re build would give the young players we obtain a full year to train in our facilities, get to know their new teamates and build some chemistry. I for one do not want to end up like the calgary flames refusing that its time to get younger. Our prospects are not good right now, we really need to upgrade in that department or we will no longer be contenders in a couple of years. The way i see it all we have is: Jensen,Kassian, Schroeder, Lack and Gaunce is pretty iffy right now. I say we do trades close to these.

To Van:

Cody Franson, 1st round pick (2013)

To Tor:

Luongo, Gordon

To Van:

Nino Niederreiter, 1st round pick (2013)

to NYI:

Alex Edler,Mason Raymond

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Jensen

Niederreiter Lappy Hansen

Higgins Malhotra Kassian

Hamuis Bieksa

Franson Garisson

Ballard Tanev

Schnieder

Lack

Future Line up

Jensen Schroeder Kassian

Niederreiter Gaunce ?

That is without the 3 1st round picks that we would have in one of the deepest drafts... sounds like a pretty solid future to me.

Archived