Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

AFL Thread (Australian Rules Football)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 White Goodman

White Goodman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:02 AM

Decided to make this thread after seeing all of the Australian Canucks fans on this website and realising that there was no Australian Football League thread. I also wanted to see how many Canadians know anything about Aussie rules.
Posted Image

#2 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,819 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

Watched the Grand Final that was on Friday, former Canadian rugby player, Mike Pyke, played for Sydney. Still have to watch the second half, will do that later today.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#3 Bill Sikes

Bill Sikes

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

I watch occasionally, seems to be similar to Gaelic Football.

#4 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

I REALLY respect those athletes, because no doubt it's a brutal sport, but there is clearly a reason it is only popular in half of Australia.(Rugby is bigger in other parts on the nation). The rules are so confusing.

#5 White Goodman

White Goodman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

I REALLY respect those athletes, because no doubt it's a brutal sport, but there is clearly a reason it is only popular in half of Australia.(Rugby is bigger in other parts on the nation). The rules are so confusing.

It depends on what part of the country you're from. I know a lot of people in Melbourne find rugby confusing. It is just a matter of what sport you grow up with.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.