11 replies to this topic

#1 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Anyone watch the show Revolution? City TV, Seems like it has the potential and its got the guy from Breaking Bad in it.

http://www.nbc.com/revolution/

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

#2 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

Watched the first episode. After that, I had no intention of watching the second one.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#3 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,023 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

I agree with you that it has potential. I'll watch the first three episodes then decide if I'll continue watching.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#4 AriGold

AriGold

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Watched the 1st episode, thought it was fantastic. The 2nd episode did well also...

This and the submarine show ( Last Resort ) are my 2 new shows this fall !

fept5bc.jpg

#5 Vanuck14

Vanuck14

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

I checked it out as well and it not to bad, well give it a shot.

#6 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,046 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

I'm really liking it so far. It's got a Hunger Games feel to it and I like Elizabeth Mitchell and Giancarlo Esposito.
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#7 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

The majority of the episode is so boring and I end up fast forwarding most of it, but the cliffhanger always gets me to keep it on record.
Posted Image

#8 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,046 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Why would bullets be hard to make? I can see bullets for modern weapons like AK-47s being difficult to manufacture, but wasn't China using gunpowder during the Middle Ages or even earlier?
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#9 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:06 AM

It's not a bad show but why must every heroine make such dumb decisions, she best leave it up to her uncle... she is like, my conscious must get the best of me even though I may die from this in excrutiating pain, oh well

#10 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,976 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

1st show was good, 2nd show was annying tripe, i'll watch the 3rd episode today, and if it is as bad as the 2nd i will no longer watch.

#11 gurn

gurn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

Why would bullets be hard to make? I can see bullets for modern weapons like AK-47s being difficult to manufacture, but wasn't China using gunpowder during the Middle Ages or even earlier?

I friend of mine makes his own bullets. A little lead, some black powder and a press.
Now after folks run out of their store bought bullet making material is when it gets really hard.

you'd have to find sulphur, nitrate(could scrape horse stable walls for dried urine) and charcoal. mix in the appropriate quantities and try not to blow yourself up while getting the recipe right.

#12 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

The niece annoys the hell out of me. Why did they have to put teenagers into a prominent role in the show?? Argh.

And the dialogue is also a bit annoying. It's so cliche and forced. It literally looks like a writer just finished feeding them their lines and the actors haven't bought in. The main guy, Miles, is it? He's just a terrible actor. Can't deliver a line to save his life.

I'll watch a couple more in hopes the story saves the acting...but, it's not 'must-see' for me right now. Luckily it comes on at 10pm and has no real competition.

That other show 'Last Resort' looks promising however.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.