The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If YOU could play anywhere, where would it be?

jagori78

I'd try tampa or florida. Lower pressure than a team like Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver also my favorite player is Marty St.Louis.

I think playing in europe would be better for me though where there is less hitting (or big hits) and I can use my size to protect the puck better.

I would want to be anywhere but Vancouver, Toronto, Columbus and NY Islanders,

Vancouver because while I love my Canucks, I don't think I would be able to deal with the media and fans here. Players in Vancouver seem to have a shelf life and seem to have short memories. Vancouver seems to only stick by their players while they are good. Once there is any type of crack, then he's public enemy number one and it's time to trade him or get rid of him. For example,Naslund, Ohlund, Bertuzzi, Allen, LUONGO. ,

Toronto cause...well it's Toronto.

Columbus cause even though they can get a good team on paper...they still are terrible. Jeff Carter and Nash seemed very promising.

And the Islanders cause any team that can make that many mistakes in it's existence from Milbury trading Chara, Spezza, to Wang to starting this decade long contract thing with Dipietro. (which I believe is the reason why this lockout is happening in the first place) to Signing Yashin to the same type of ridiculous contract. To the fact that they have been rebuilding for years and still can't get a playoff team together.

Any other team bring it on. Although I would cheer a little more if I got drafted by Pittsburgh just so I can play with Malkin and Crosby. They are like the modern day Gretzky and Messier.

1. Montreal - Original 6 Canadian team, you can just feel the history when you even see the Bell Centre on tv, or when you just look at the 100+ year old logo on their jersey. Plus all the greats like Maurice Richard, Jacques Lemaire, Ken Dryden among many others.

2. Vancouver - great hockey city, Canadian team, I would wanna help bring the cup home since I'm from Vancity so nuff said.

3. Philly - The fans are crazy about their hockey, the management and owners have shown over and over that they are willing to take risks and make bold moves to win a cup. There is also lots of history there. Plus I love the way they play, fast and gritty hockey.

Honestly for me, even if I wasn't from BC and I wasn't a Canucks fan, Vancouver would still be high on the list. Great team, great organization, nice city. You get the Canadian hockey atmosphere without the freezing weather of Winnipeg or Edmonton.

I also think playing for an Original Six team would be cool, with all the history and prestige. My first choice for an Original Six team would probably be New York. The Rangers are a very good team and living in New York would be pretty sweet. I think Montreal would probably have the best hockey atmosphere, but they don't have a great team, their fans can be pretty ruthless, and it would be tough to adjust to living in Quebec.

i would say right now winnipeg would be pretty cool.. the whole city is so pumped to have a team back that the next five years are going to be alot of fun there.

after 5 yrs ill be 32 and get dealt at the deadline to the canucks. coach V will still be there and will love my steady, stay at home, physical style and consistantly play me over corrado, who is clearly the better player but for some reason never gets the fair shake

i'll be famous for trying to recreate the mother of all elbows on duncan kieth

Archived