Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WeatherWise

[VIDEO] Alexander Mogilny: The Lost Shifts (A Look Back at Another Tremendous Former-Canuck)

37 posts in this topic

Alot of people ragged on him in his time here, but forget he score 55 goals his first season here and 31 the next, was better than a point per game player with the nucks (unfortunately injured quite a bit during his time in van).

However, I believe when his play dropped off, alot had to do with his supporting cast. In the last couple of years in Van, I had season tickets and to this day, I still remember the many times you would see him bursting out of the zone waiting for the headman from our dmen only to never see it. I remember seeing him frustrated, banging his stick against the glass on numerous occasions because the puck was just not getting out...

Had we had a dman who could move the puck and some real center men, he would have continued his damage in the city. He was a terrific player and good guy as well. In fact shared a drink at the shark club with him.

I appreciated him before, during and after his time as a Canuck.

He was an amazing talent.

*Who remember the front page of the Province paper reading, try not to salivate on this. It showed the 3 jersies, Bure Linden and Mogilny?

And the roster backing them was pretty rough and loaded with character guys, for a while...

Alot of people ragged on him in his time here,

I remember seeing him frustrated, banging his stick against the glass on numerous occasions because the puck was just not getting out...

Had we had a dman who could move the puck and some real center men, he would have continued his damage in the city. He was a terrific player and good guy as well. In fact shared a drink at the shark club with him.

This was great!

After seeing this and the Bure video.. I'm going to have request a Dave Babych video!

After being traded by the Sabres he played like he wanted to prove himself and that the Sabres made a big mistake.

But after that first dominant season he realized that the supporting cast was not here and he merely showed up to collect the paychecks. Can't blame him entirely, but the majority of his time as a Canuck was forgettable. Probably because the entire team at that time was forgettable too.

Like Kovalev and Semin, Mogilny is a severely underrated talent, but there's a reason why you don't build teams around these kinda guys.

Not on the Canucks Current roster according to the Mods here, if the player isn't on the Canucks current roster their topics get locked, just a heads up. I did one for Cliff Ronning, you never see Cliff Ronning threads on here, but I did one and it gets locked because he isn't on the Canucks current roster, go figure.

Mogilny - Fedorov - Bure

What an amazing line that must have been, too bad I never got to see them play together :(

Mogilny - Fedorov - Bure

What an amazing line that must have been, too bad I never got to see them play together :(

What a time to be alive. I remember Mogilny putting the team on his back when Bure was injured. It's too bad they didn't play together for long in Vancouver. Anyone have highlights of Mogilny and Bure together in black, red, yellow?

I never realized till I saw this video how that Naslund probably owes a lot of his development to Mogilny... I've always been a fan of Al-Mo, even had his skate jersey in white i got from Sportcheck back in the day. To me he is to Bure what Lemieux was to Gretzky. Always in the "bigger" guys shadow but arguably just as good. Anyone who doesn't put Alex Mogilny on the Canucks all time roster, is a fool.

More well rounded then Bure sure. Still, I don't think there has been another player as explosive in offence as Bure was. For what he did, he was the best.

Mogilny had more talent.

Bure did more with his.

Keep in mind that Mogilny had fear of flying and being moved to a west coast team probably affected his play.

Wow, that power play unit. Mogilny, Bure, Naslund, Linden, Lumme.

Mogilny had more talent.

Bure did more with his.

Keep in mind that Mogilny had fear of flying and being moved to a west coast team probably affected his play.