The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Cody Franson signs deal with Brynas

Vancouver should sign Franson. I am not sure why they don't. He would be a great depth defenceman who can easily replace Alberts. That is if we get rid of Alberts, which we should....to make room for Franson.........................................The Leafs suck. That is all.

Vancouver should sign Franson. I am not sure why they don't. He would be a great depth defenceman who can easily replace Alberts. That is if we get rid of Alberts, which we should....to make room for Franson.........................................The Leafs suck. That is all.

Personally I'd only want him here to help the power play, for a big guy he's pretty soft physically. But you can never have to many booming shots from the point.

Edler-Franson

Garrison-Bieksa

Have them switch sides for one timers

That would give our second unit a hard shot from the point to compliment Kassian as a big net presence or maybe Booth depending on How Kass does this year

He signed for a full year, which if I'm correct means even if the lockout ends he won't be able to return to the NHL until the end of the year as he will be under contract. That being said we could acquire him and use him next year I guess.

Personally I'd only want him here to help the power play, for a big guy he's pretty soft physically. But you can never have to many booming shots from the point.

Edler-Franson

Garrison-Bieksa

Have them switch sides for one timers

That would give our second unit a hard shot from the point to compliment Kassian as a big net presence or maybe Booth depending on How Kass does this year

His deal will be just like any other deals signed by NHL players playing overseas, it'll have an out to go back to the NHL once the season starts. The only difference for him from another player with an existing NHL contract, is he'd have to negotiate a new deal before he played again. He may wait over there until it happens as a result, but nothing to say he's prohibited from coming back to the NHL.

It's not as if he's a fringe UFA like Brule signing overseas, who didn't get any offers and fully intended playing the full year there before trying at the NHL again next year. He's an RFA expecting to have a deal done to play in the NHL this season, whenever it starts.

What if Jamie Benn goes and plays overseas during the lockout? Will he not expect to come back if the season starts up? He's an RFA just like Franson, but he'd clearly come back to the Stars rather than play a full season in Europe.

Archived