The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Total Bummer

Buddhas Hand

Brazil gets behind cheeky contest

Save this story to read later

• October 02, 2012 12:43AM

215171-brazil-miss-bumbum.jpg

Competitors of Miss Bumbum Brasil 2012, the contest for the cutest bottom, wait to record a TV program. Picture: AFP Source: AFP

ONLY in Brazil would you get away with a national online contest to find the cutest female bottom.

Brazil's upcoming municipal elections are being overshadowed by the Miss Bumbum pageant.

Young ladies representing the country's 26 states and the federal district Brasilia are vying to qualify for the grand finale scheduled to take place in Sao Paulo on November 30.

The female derriere has traditionally had great symbolic significance in Brazilian culture, as attested by the wild popularity of bum dancing among the young.

"I think that the tropical climate, the carnival and all this racial mixing gives the Brazilian woman a unique biotype on the planet," pageant organiser Cacau Oliver, a well-known female beauty spotter, told AFP.

215183-brazil-miss-bumbum.jpg

Competitors of Miss Bumbum Brasil 2012, the contest for the cutest bottom, walk to a photo shoot. Picture: AFP

"The Brazilian woman's derriere is a part of the body that the whole world admires and the contest just reaffirms this," he added.

Contestants are required to register on the website www.missbumbumbrasil.com and to supply three photos. Organisers are to select the 15 finalists.

The winner will collect 5000 reals ($2374), while second place will receive 3000 reals and third place 2000 reals

I am not one to objectify women , butt i really like a nice bum .

Archived