Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spencer Drew

Kesler out 'til January due to offseason shoulder, and wrist surgeries...

77 posts in this topic

I guess if we can spin the lockout, at least it forces Kes to rest.

He always comes back before he's fully recovered so I really hope he takes it easy this time and heals properly.

They predicted December so this only a minor setback

Well if he's out till January and he comes back at 100% then all to him. The guy is hugely important to the Canucks, filling in his spot is going to be fun.

Personally, I don't think he'll ever be the same player. Hip surgery, wrist surgery, shoulder surgery...just seems like he's beat up all the time. Hopefully he comes back 100% and can become that dominant player we saw during "the year that shall not be named"....but, in my opinion, it doesnt look promising.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong! :towel:

Trainers are hugely responsible for this. As a trainer they should know when players are ready to go on the ice 100%.

Everybody knew by watching Kesler that he didn't have it. Yet instead of shutting him down and thinking about his and the teams future, the regular season was more important.

We have the stupidest coaching staff and trainers in the league.

Also, no Hodgson so whose gonna replace Kesler? Kassian? mj-laughing.gif

even with rehab...his shot isn't going to be the same. kesler will not be the same.

wont matter..... both the NHL and the PA are counting on the other side to cave right now, and neither are willing to compromise... i highly doubt there will even be a season at all

Why do people on this forum give up on our players so easily?

Honestly, if you are truly a fan, then give them the benefit of the doubt. At least let him prove whether he can bounce back instead of just writing him off so easily.

I still believe in Kes :towel:

Guess we're going to be drafting centers just to add depth now.

It's bad that he would have been out until January. I personally don't think there will be a season anyways. Nothing to see here boyz.

It's actually a blessing in disguise that the season most likely won't start till Jan then.. Although, it won't give Schroeder a chance to play in Kes' stead, which I'm sure a lot of people were some what looking forward to.

I still would love to see Arnott center our 3rd line though! Can't wait to see if Gretzky's prediction (Of the season starting Jan) will come true! :P Def gonna be an interesting season this year, if it does happen.