The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler out 'til January due to offseason shoulder, and wrist surgeries...

Spencer Drew

Injury prone much? And for the people who think the lockout is a blessing, it's really not. Kesler has had surgery on both hips, his shoulder, and now his wrist. You never really seem to recover 100% from these things, and even if he like recovered 95-99% of the way he was before, with so many surgeries, to so many areas, it's really just going to chip away.

His shoulders and wrist will likely bugger up his shot, which considering last year, was already kind of buggered up. His hips will hurt his speed and a lot of his core strength. Could be worse, could be his knee but.. kinda like Havlat and Gaborik. They were really good players, and then had so many problems with nagging injuries it just took away from them in a big way.

Our second line already blew, and another year passed without MG doing anything about it. And now we have a diminishing Kesler, and an aging set of twins on the top line. Our prospect pool is pretty pathetic.. so yeah. The window probably already passed, but get ready for some mediocre hockey in the next few years if some trades or amazing signings don't happen very quickly.

This, I think one of the smartest things we can do is trade the Sedins before they retire so we can atleast get something, After them we are done, Kesler is going to be half the player he was, he does't play a skilled game, he plays hard and gritty which is going to make it worse.

Everyone's going to say the Sedins should retire here.. but really who cares? Did Naslund? Ohlund? Salo? Bertuzzi? Sedins are going to decline soon and they already don't play a game suited well for the playoffs.

This, I think one of the smartest things we can do is trade the Sedins before they retire so we can atleast get something, After them we are done, Kesler is going to be half the player he was, he does't play a skilled game, he plays hard and gritty which is going to make it worse.

Everyone's going to say the Sedins should retire here.. but really who cares? Did Naslund? Ohlund? Salo? Bertuzzi? Sedins are going to decline soon and they already don't play a game suited well for the playoffs.

Funny how the team thought he would be ready for the start of the season, and so did he after the surgery.

Then as soon as most people started realizing the possibility of the lockout, he hit a snag in his rehab.

Now he's not ready till January.

Weird thing is, injured players still get paid. Smart move by Keslers' agent. I remember how strange it was back in the summer when his agent freaked out when the Canucks' said he might be ready for October. Jumping up and down saying "No, No, NO!!!!"

I would be willing to bet if the lockout suddenly ended in late November, Kesler would be good to go.

yeah it was , hodgson was lucky to get the points he did and is one foligno hit away from being in a hospital bed for the rest of his life

screw that fragile douche , id rather have a goon / pf in kassian then a feline little hodgson getting his daddy to solve all his problems

im sure most of you can relate tho , whiney little bitch ass daddy boys

yeah it was , hodgson was lucky to get the points he did and is one foligno hit away from being in a hospital bed for the rest of his life

screw that fragile douche , id rather have a goon / pf in kassian then a feline little hodgson getting his daddy to solve all his problems

im sure most of you can relate tho , whiney little bitch ass daddy boys

Yeah, that's why the nucks won't ever win a cup. Don't beleive me? I'll bring this back up once the Sedins are gone. Hockeys a physical game and when the leaders on your team get ragdolled by every player, even by a midget rat (Marchand) it's disheartening to the rest of the team and doesn't send a very good message. They play a lot 5 on 5. Their cycle game doesn't work in the playoffs and they don't hit, so really it's just a plus for the other team 5 on 5 in the playoffs against the Sedins. Unless they stick Kassian with them...

The only way the canucks will ever win the cup with the Sedins is if Gillis gets his sh!t together and gets a decent second line and some BIG GRITTY bodies. He seems to think Raymond and Higgins are good enough second liners and we are going to go nowhere with them. If they play Kassian with the Sedins then my faith will be a little bit more restored with AV and Gillis. He's the perfect linemate for them, just needs time to develop with them and create chemistry. This is only if Kassian looks good enough when the season starts.

Archived