The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler out 'til January due to offseason shoulder, and wrist surgeries...

Spencer Drew

Why do people on this forum give up on our players so easily?

Honestly, if you are truly a fan, then give them the benefit of the doubt. At least let him prove whether he can bounce back instead of just writing him off so easily.

I still believe in Kes :towel:

The problem when predicting healing times is that you have to factor in that there's stuff that needs to happen after the healing is done.

Like working out the muscle to build it back up, and get a players conditioning back up. That's why even though they predicted December, it likely wasn't ever going to be until at least January.

Why do people on this forum give up on our players so easily?

Honestly, if you are truly a fan, then give them the benefit of the doubt. At least let him prove whether he can bounce back instead of just writing him off so easily.

I still believe in Kes :towel:

Trainers are hugely responsible for this. As a trainer they should know when players are ready to go on the ice 100%.

Everybody knew by watching Kesler that he didn't have it. Yet instead of shutting him down and thinking about his and the teams future, the regular season was more important.

We have the stupidest coaching staff and trainers in the league.

Funny how the team thought he would be ready for the start of the season, and so did he after the surgery.

Then as soon as most people started realizing the possibility of the lockout, he hit a snag in his rehab.

Now he's not ready till January.

Weird thing is, injured players still get paid. Smart move by Keslers' agent. I remember how strange it was back in the summer when his agent freaked out when the Canucks' said he might be ready for October. Jumping up and down saying "No, No, NO!!!!"

I would be willing to bet if the lockout suddenly ended in late November, Kesler would be good to go.

Seeing as the season is in jeopardy and if it does start won't be until January...this ain't all that bad. I hope he heals up quick too.

He's a key piece on the team but I'd argue the 'captaincy' issue - I know this has been beat to death, but I just can't see Kes being the captain.

He plays hard and can lead on the ice - but it's his off-ice manners that don't do it for me.

He's a big whiner (yes get over it) and he dives quite a bit. This and his arrogance (can be a good thing!) doesn't lead me to believe he'd make a great captain for this team. Just my 2 cents

Get well soon Kes! #beastmode

Personally, I don't think he'll ever be the same player. Hip surgery, wrist surgery, shoulder surgery...just seems like he's beat up all the time. Hopefully he comes back 100% and can become that dominant player we saw during "the year that shall not be named"....but, in my opinion, it doesnt look promising.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong! :towel:

Archived