Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WonderTwinPowers

[Signing] Chara joins KHL's Prague

11 posts in this topic

Can tell its slow around here when I'm the one starting the threads lol. Stupid lockout

I'm surprised he didn't sign in Slovakia

For those looking for the article :

Captain Zdeno Chara became the latest Boston Bruins player to take his talents overseas during the NHL lockout, signing with Prague of the KHL, his agent told ESPN.com on Tuesday.

"Close to home in Slovakia, knows guys on the team and has played in Prague before so he is comfortable there," his agent Matt Keator said via email.

The 35-year-old Chara also played in Prague for HC Sparta as a junior player in 1995-96. He finished last season with a career-high 52 points after helping the Bruins win the Stanley Cup in 2010-11 with a 44-point campaign.

Chara becomes the eight Bruins player to join a foreign team for the lockout , joining Tyler Seguin (Switzerland), Dennis Seidenberg (Germany), Tuukka Rask, David Krejci and Andrew Ference (Czech Republic), Anton Khudobin (Russia) and Rich Peverley (Finland).

Bruins forward Patrice Bergeron and defenseman Shawn Thornton were still weighing their options as of last week.

Information from ESPNBoston.com’s James Murphy was used in this report.

I lost all hope in this season starting on time when they made "no progress" over the weekend. I just can't fathom the fact that this issue could have been resolved over the summer but instead they decided to talk things over the last minute. Fehr doesn't seem to have a counter offer as NHL is waiting for them to propose one. I can only hope that they come to their senses and get this thing over with before Christmas.

notice how so many Bruins have gone to Europe, Jacobs is the chairman of the board. He is one of the owners pushing for this lockout and is telling his club to find work for the year.