Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lui's Knob

Will SNP air Wolves Games in lieu of Canucks games?

25 posts in this topic

Sportsnet Pacific might as well air AHL hockey and let local fans see how the farm team does, than sit out and listen to whiny PA/NHL parties sit at a verbal standstill... I'm getting pretty sick and tired of watching sports highlights and break-down analysis of useless 'negotiations'....

They'd have to get a broadcast agreement with the AHL, or at least the Wolves, to do so. That'd require paying for and committing to a number of games which might be an issue when the NHL starts back up.

CBC had a deal with AHL, they were broadcasting AHL games on Sundays last year or the year before. I believe SNP has a selective deal with the AHL, I've seen some games on SN1 and they broadcasted the full AHL all star game. It's a possibility if the lockout is lenghty.

Right now though the NHL is considering putting scabs on the ice. This could mean the leafs might actually make the playoffs.

Right now though the NHL is considering putting scabs on the ice. This could mean the leafs might actually make the playoffs.

CBC had a deal with AHL, they were broadcasting AHL games on Sundays last year or the year before. I believe SNP has a selective deal with the AHL, I've seen some games on SN1 and they broadcasted the full AHL all star game. It's a possibility if the lockout is lenghty.

Sportsnet Pacific might as well air AHL hockey and let local fans see how the farm team does, than sit out and listen to whiny PA/NHL parties sit at a verbal standstill... I'm getting pretty sick and tired of watching sports highlights and break-down analysis of useless 'negotiations'....

It's not that simple. They just can't air AHL games whenever they want.

seriously if they do this I may have to find a new sport to follow. Horrible idea. For one thing the level of play will be worse then the NHL, no player with any desire to play in the NHL after the lockout ends will want to play as a scab. When the regular players return that player will be in for a world of hurt and may not even be allowed to join the NHLPA. In response to this idea, the players should form their own league or at least host a tourney.

what makes you think they'd wanna play for FREE during a lockout?

no they will buy more baseball games

no they will buy more baseball games

baseball , fun to play

boring to watch

I'm hoping that they'll get an agreement but nothing has happened yet.