42 replies to this topic

#1 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

Today I went to ICBC to write my class 7 N test. When they checked my ID, they said I had a ticket on my license for public intoxication in Surrey. They told me to write a impersonation report so I did, but my road test was cancelled. Now I have to wait until December.

A.) I don't drink alcohol at all.
B.) I am under age
C.) I don't live in Surrey
D.) I don't even visit Surrey

My question is what can I do now?
Has anyone gone through this before?
Can I go back and ask to be put on stand buy?

The paperwork is going to be mailed to me within 2 weeks and they told to bring it back afterwords.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,703 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

POPULAR

Do what they say and wait until December. If you want to drive like an adult, you need to put up with adult things, in this case, a filing error.

I'd give more advice, but I'm going to go cruise around with my top down and enjoy the last little bit of sun

#3 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

Do what they say and wait until December. If you want to drive like an adult, you need to put up with adult things, in this case, a filing error.

I'd give more advice, but I'm going to go cruise around with my top down and enjoy the last little bit of sun

The only reason i have to wait until December is because all the other appointments are booked.

Has something like this ever happened to anyone before, i mean the address on the ticket wasn't even the same as mine.

Edited by Canucksbiggestfan, 02 October 2012 - 12:47 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

ICBC is an evil evil monopoly. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it.

But yeah anyways I'm driving right now, I don't want to get a ticket.
Posted Image

#5 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

Is any here really surprised that the culprit was in Surrey? <_<
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#6 WestCoastCanucks

WestCoastCanucks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

That's a pretty crappy situation.
Only thing I can say is go through with the paperwork and then keep checking for appointments online everyday. Actually several times a day. People cancel all the time and you'll easily be able to find one pop up before December.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#7 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

That's a pretty crappy situation.
Only thing I can say is go through with the paperwork and then keep checking for appointments online everyday. Actually several times a day. People cancel all the time and you'll easily be able to find one pop up before December.

Tell me about it. I just called them on the phone and they told me to keep checking for cancellations.

But how do I go about if I want to go and wait on Stand By?

Edited by Canucksbiggestfan, 02 October 2012 - 01:15 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

The only reason i have to wait until December is because all the other appointments are booked.

Has something like this ever happened to anyone before, i mean the address on the ticket wasn't even the same as mine.

Sounds to me that somebody gave the police your name when they got the ticket, or maybe they even have your ID, or a fake ID in your name. I`d try contacting the police station in Surrey and explain the situation. See if they can give you more information about it.

ICBC is an evil evil monopoly. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it.

But yeah anyways I'm driving right now, I don't want to get a ticket.

What does that have to do with anything in this situation?

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 02 October 2012 - 01:17 PM.

wmmkuv.jpg

#9 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,311 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

I've never heard ANYTHNG like this before, but you should have asked as many questions as possible. eg, when did this happen, date, time etc etc, and say you know nothing about this. BUt icbc will give 0 !@#$'s about you.

However I do feel sorry for you though. I know your frustrations in regards to this.

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord, 02 October 2012 - 01:45 PM.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#10 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

I've never heard ANYTHNG like this before, but you should have asked as many questions as possible. eg, when did this happen, date, time etc etc, and say you know nothing about this. BUt icbc will give 0 !@#$'s about you.

They showed me a crappy faxed copy of the ticket, but they didn't give it to me. So i just called Surrey RCMP and they said I need a copy of the ticket for them to do anything about it. if ound out the date and the location, but that's about it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,860 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

I have an "N" that blew in to my yard in the spring during a windstorm. It's stuck to my BBQ now if you want it? :P

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#12 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

Even if you do have a ticket for public intoxication on your license what the hell does that have to do with trying for your N?

I got a 24 roadside suspension for drinking and driving when i had my N a while back, when i went to write my class 5 i had no problems

Edited by TowelPower12, 02 October 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#13 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,860 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Even if you do have a ticket for public intoxication on your license what the hell does that have to do with trying for your N?

that's a bunch of bs

Just guessing but probably the underage drinking part.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#14 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

They showed me a crappy faxed copy of the ticket, but they didn't give it to me. So i just called Surrey RCMP and they said I need a copy of the ticket for them to do anything about it. if ound out the date and the location, but that's about it.

It might show up on the Court Services Online website. I know other violation tickets show up there sometimes. It's worth a shot. May come up with a bit more information:

https://eservice.ag....ca/cso/index.do

If anything it's a great way to find out if your friends have been charged with anything.

wmmkuv.jpg

#15 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

Is any here really surprised that the culprit was in Surrey? <_<

Haaaaaaa.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#16 gurn

gurn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

Give the BC civil liberties association a call or your local mla.Someone at those two places should at least point you to who you really need to talk to.
It is unjust that you are being punished because of somebody else's mistake( if clerical) or illegal act( if the perp used your name while dealing with the cops).
In fact the cop who issued the ticket just might remember the incident and perpertrator and upon seeing you go "whoa you aren't the dude" and help you out.
I'd also be looking into whether icbc can legally do what they did to you or if it was just a jerk at the office on a bad day.

It is times like this that we decide who we are.
If it IS important to you then fight for your rights-do it legally and with poise, no foul language and don't get angry with anyone just keep hammering home it was NOT you and what they are doing is wrong. If it still goes badly call up global and se if Mike McCardell wants to do a human interest story of a "David vs Goliath' variety.CTV also has that "Steele on your side" thing as well.

Good luck.

#17 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

Quite frankly I'm surprised ICBC isn't classified as a criminal organization.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,703 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

if Mike McCardell wants to do a human interest story of a "David vs Goliath' variety.

I'm pretty sure he is busy doing a story on ducks or a bag blowing in the wind or whatever else passes for soft news these days.

#19 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

I got a 24 roadside suspension for drinking and driving when i had my N a while back, when i went to write my class 5 i had no problems

there is probably an unpaid fine attached to his file. That'll do it
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#20 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Are you sure you're the Canucksbiggestfan? I want proof.

Kershaw_zps0cb5a848.jpg

#21 Denguin

Denguin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,490 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Quite frankly I'm surprised ICBC isn't classified as a criminal organization.

And this has anything to do with this because...?

#22 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

And this has anything to do with this because...?

because its a forum and people will talk about what they want...

did your last comment have anything to do with the op's thread?, or contribute to the conversation in any way?
the ironing is delicious.
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#23 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

there is probably an unpaid fine attached to his file. That'll do it

Yeah, they wanted $115 from me.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

Yeah, they wanted $115 from me.

well there ya go, thats why you couldn't take the test. You have to pay all fines first. I get that you are saying the ticket isn't yours, but I'm sure ICBC hears this from people all the time trying to get out of paying.

Give the BC civil liberties association a call or your local mla.Someone at those two places should at least point you to who you really need to talk to.
It is unjust that you are being punished because of somebody else's mistake( if clerical) or illegal act( if the perp used your name while dealing with the cops).
In fact the cop who issued the ticket just might remember the incident and perpertrator and upon seeing you go "whoa you aren't the dude" and help you out.
I'd also be looking into whether icbc can legally do what they did to you or if it was just a jerk at the office on a bad day.

It is times like this that we decide who we are.
If it IS important to you then fight for your rights-do it legally and with poise, no foul language and don't get angry with anyone just keep hammering home it was NOT you and what they are doing is wrong. If it still goes badly call up global and se if Mike McCardell wants to do a human interest story of a "David vs Goliath' variety.CTV also has that "Steele on your side" thing as well.

Good luck.

Holy crap! Overreact much!

This is a simple issue that does not need to be blown out of proportion. It's people like you that bog down the system with crap like what you are talking about over a non issue. Yeah, its an inconvenience, but not one that needs this approach. Oh, and yes, ICBC is well within there legal rights to do what they are doing.

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 02 October 2012 - 04:42 PM.

wmmkuv.jpg

#25 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

Don't post your (real) name online. People will claim not to have ID's with them, and just use names they find on Facebook.Seriously, people in Surrey (well at least Whalley) are scumbags.

#26 gurn

gurn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

Not an overreaction at all.He is being denied simply because somebody else messed up. He can fight or bend over, his choice
I do know that if I f up I'l wear it, but if the crap doesn't belong to me I do not take it.
The squeeky wheel gets the grease.

"It's people like you that bog down the system with crap like what you are talking about over a non issue. "

You do not know me or what I'm like.
It is an issue to the OP.

#27 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Just go on stand-by one day when you have nothing better to do.
I went out to Maple Ridge on stand-by to get my N and within 5 minutes of getting in there I was on my way to take the road test.
Posted Image

#28 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Foul Language Warning:
http://www.funnyjunk...856/ICBC sucks/
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

Just go on stand-by one day when you have nothing better to do.
I went out to Maple Ridge on stand-by to get my N and within 5 minutes of getting in there I was on my way to take the road test.

Can I go to any city and go on stand by?

I mean Abbotsford is always busy, but is Maple Ridge not as busy or something?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

Not an overreaction at all.He is being denied simply because somebody else messed up. He can fight or bend over, his choice
I do know that if I f up I'l wear it, but if the crap doesn't belong to me I do not take it.
The squeeky wheel gets the grease.

"It's people like you that bog down the system with crap like what you are talking about over a non issue. "

You do not know me or what I'm like.
It is an issue to the OP.

There is absolutely no proof of that yet. ICBC sees on the computer he has an outstanding fine that needs to be paid. For all ICBC knows it was him and he is just trying to get out of paying the fine, I'm sure they hear it all the time.

Whats the point in fighting this, at this point? You simply fill out the paperwork they give you and wait to get it back. It's a minor inconvenience at this point, at best. What you are suggesting is a huge waste of time and energy.

wmmkuv.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.