#1 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

Posted Image

I noticed there is no Royals thread yet. They have started off the yeah 3-1 and are looking pretty decent. I am excited to catch some more games considering there's no Canucks to watch

Edited by Alexander Edler 23, 29 October 2012 - 07:32 AM.

Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#2 AfterMath35

AfterMath35

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

its about time!. ive been to all 3 home games so far, an aside from sundays game i think they've looked great so far this season. Have really enjoyed watching Alex Gogelev play.

Posted Image

#3 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,022 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Best of luck Rebels, hope you have a more successful franchise in Victoria than when you were in Chilliwack.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Go Royals! they looked pretty good in the two games i went to, hopefully that is a sign of good things to come!
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#5 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,671 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Being an islander I would like to get more into Royals games. Any players to watch on the team? Future NHLers to keep an eye out for?

Play Clash on Clans on your phone? Join the CDC Clan "happycanuck".

"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#6 biznasty

biznasty

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

Being an islander I would like to get more into Royals games. Any players to watch on the team? Future NHLers to keep an eye out for?

Steven Hodges was drafted by the Panthers I think. Keep an eye on him, Magee, Gogolev, Kanzig, and Polivka.
Posted Image

#7 Kass

Kass

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

I went to the game on friday Logan Nelson looked great they were down by 2 and they were doubling shifting him a lot, he score a goal got an assist and scored the game winning goal in shoot out. He was drafted by Buffalo 5th round I think

http://www.hockeydb.....php?pid=130954

#8 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,541 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

I went to the game on friday Logan Nelson looked great they were down by 2 and they were doubling shifting him a lot, he score a goal got an assist and scored the game winning goal in shoot out. He was drafted by Buffalo 5th round I think

I was also at that game, Logan Nelson is definitely a solid player, seemed like when he had the puck he made things happen whether it was 1 on 1's or off the rush with other players.

That was my first Royals game and they are an awesome blue collar team to watch!

Edited by diesel_3, 02 October 2012 - 04:48 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks to JimLahey for the great Sig!
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#9 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

I was at that game too! Gogolev is sick! And Nelson played really well too
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#10 biznasty

biznasty

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

About time we got a Royals thread.

#12 Kevin-B

Kevin-B

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

Although its unfortunate for Chiliwack,I'm glad to see the WHL back in Victoria. I lived in Port Angeles,Wa in the late 80's-early 90's
and use to hop on the Coho and attend Cougar games until they moved to Prince George. The family and I will be making a few trips
up there this season,I'm trying to attend one of the skate with the team events,my six year old son would have a blast.
Anyhow,I'm rambling again....

#13 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

Steven Hodges was drafted by the Panthers I think. Keep an eye on him, Magee, Gogolev, Kanzig, and Polivka.

You forgot Logan Nelson... Sabres draft pick and arguably the Royals best forward... Also Ben Walker was playing really well to start the season.
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#14 Kass

Kass

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

You forgot Logan Nelson... Sabres draft pick and arguably the Royals best forward... Also Ben Walker was playing really well to start the season.

Yeah he did but I did post right after him about Nelson linked to his hockey Page yoo

#15 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,022 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

Wow not sure which is more impressive Rockets 7-0 win or Royals comeback from 0-3 to win 4-3 in OT.

Might have to go with the Royals on this one!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 biznasty

biznasty

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Gogolev!
Posted Image

#17 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

Did anyone go to the game last night?
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#18 AfterMath35

AfterMath35

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

damn, great comeback by the royals. Looking good so far this year

Posted Image

#19 GrassyPonderous

GrassyPonderous

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

Did anyone go to the game last night?

Yep... They got worked for most of the first two periods, but took over near the end of the 2nd. As was the case on this past Sunday afternoon, they run into problems when they try too much individual stuff. Guys take it upon themselves to try and stickhandle through the entire team end to end, don't make efficient passes, and get frustrated. Things turned around when they started moving a bit better and distributing the puck.

The two guys I've been most impressed with are Gogolev, Magee, and Hicketts. Gogolev has soem nasty mitts and brings a playmaking element they don't really have in the top 6. Magee could be the captain this year, seems to be an energizer for offense. Hicketts is incredibly smooth and efficient in the way he operates; I can't believe he's only 16. If he could grow a few inches and start pushing 6 feet, he could be a first rounder next year.

Attendance is pretty low though right now compared to where they were last year. I'm hoping that as they get on a roll, people will start rolling in.

#20 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

Yep... They got worked for most of the first two periods, but took over near the end of the 2nd. As was the case on this past Sunday afternoon, they run into problems when they try too much individual stuff. Guys take it upon themselves to try and stickhandle through the entire team end to end, don't make efficient passes, and get frustrated. Things turned around when they started moving a bit better and distributing the puck.

The two guys I've been most impressed with are Gogolev, Magee, and Hicketts. Gogolev has soem nasty mitts and brings a playmaking element they don't really have in the top 6. Magee could be the captain this year, seems to be an energizer for offense. Hicketts is incredibly smooth and efficient in the way he operates; I can't believe he's only 16. If he could grow a few inches and start pushing 6 feet, he could be a first rounder next year.

Attendance is pretty low though right now compared to where they were last year. I'm hoping that as they get on a roll, people will start rolling in.

Hicketts' draft year is 2014. But still, he is a beauty. It would be awesome to see him go in the 1st round. It was also awesome to see Shinkaruk score a sick goal but the Royals still win ::D Also Gogolev is f***ing sick
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#21 GrassyPonderous

GrassyPonderous

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

Hicketts' draft year is 2014. But still, he is a beauty. It would be awesome to see him go in the 1st round. It was also awesome to see Shinkaruk score a sick goal but the Royals still win ::D Also Gogolev is f***ing sick

Yeah sorry, in my head 2013 draft = this year, 2014 draft = next year.

#22 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#23 AfterMath35

AfterMath35

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

ROYALS WIN!! :towel:

Posted Image

#24 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,660 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

Do they stream Royals games at all, or are they just on Shaw?

Zf3XIDB.png

Sig by: Samuel Påhlsson

#25 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

Do they stream Royals games at all, or are they just on Shaw?

whl.neulion.com/whl/

That is the only streaming website for whl hockey, it is a pay site and sometimes the quality isnt the greatest, really depends on your internet connection and which building the game is in

over on hf boards there is a guy that has been streaming some gamees on ustream, but not very many

Posted Image

#26 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

whl.neulion.com/whl/

That is the only streaming website for whl hockey, it is a pay site and sometimes the quality isnt the greatest, really depends on your internet connection and which building the game is in

over on hf boards there is a guy that has been streaming some gamees on ustream, but not very many, and only for teams or players he liikes

Posted Image

#27 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

Royals are 1 point up on the Blazers, although Kamloops has two games in hand...setting up a great match-up on Wednesday as the Royals visit the Blazers! Go Blazers!

/=S=/

#28 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,067 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

Stop beating the Giants, GOD!

#29 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

Stop beating the Giants, GOD!

:bigblush:
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#30 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,660 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

whl.neulion.com/whl/

over on hf boards there is a guy that has been streaming some gamees on ustream, but not very many

Cool. Thanks for the heads up/ Too bad they don't seem to be on TV often

Edited by Misa Campo, 08 October 2012 - 06:59 PM.

Zf3XIDB.png

Sig by: Samuel Påhlsson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.