The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Victoria Royals Thread

Rate this topic

Victoria_Royals2139.jpg

I noticed there is no Royals thread yet. They have started off the yeah 3-1 and are looking pretty decent. I am excited to catch some more games considering there's no Canucks to watch

Edited by Alexander Edler 23
  • Upvote 1

I went to the game on friday Logan Nelson looked great they were down by 2 and they were doubling shifting him a lot, he score a goal got an assist and scored the game winning goal in shoot out. He was drafted by Buffalo 5th round I think

http://www.hockeydb.....php?pid=130954

I was also at that game, Logan Nelson is definitely a solid player, seemed like when he had the puck he made things happen whether it was 1 on 1's or off the rush with other players.

That was my first Royals game and they are an awesome blue collar team to watch!

Edited by diesel_3

I went to the game on friday Logan Nelson looked great they were down by 2 and they were doubling shifting him a lot, he score a goal got an assist and scored the game winning goal in shoot out. He was drafted by Buffalo 5th round I think

http://www.hockeydb.....php?pid=130954

I was at that game too! Gogolev is sick! And Nelson played really well too

Although its unfortunate for Chiliwack,I'm glad to see the WHL back in Victoria. I lived in Port Angeles,Wa in the late 80's-early 90's

and use to hop on the Coho and attend Cougar games until they moved to Prince George. The family and I will be making a few trips

up there this season,I'm trying to attend one of the skate with the team events,my six year old son would have a blast.

Anyhow,I'm rambling again....

• Upvote 1

Steven Hodges was drafted by the Panthers I think. Keep an eye on him, Magee, Gogolev, Kanzig, and Polivka.

Being an islander I would like to get more into Royals games. Any players to watch on the team? Future NHLers to keep an eye out for?

Steven Hodges was drafted by the Panthers I think. Keep an eye on him, Magee, Gogolev, Kanzig, and Polivka.

You forgot Logan Nelson... Sabres draft pick and arguably the Royals best forward... Also Ben Walker was playing really well to start the season.

• Upvote 1

You forgot Logan Nelson... Sabres draft pick and arguably the Royals best forward... Also Ben Walker was playing really well to start the season.

Yeah he did but I did post right after him about Nelson linked to his hockey Page yoo

Did anyone go to the game last night?

Yep... They got worked for most of the first two periods, but took over near the end of the 2nd. As was the case on this past Sunday afternoon, they run into problems when they try too much individual stuff. Guys take it upon themselves to try and stickhandle through the entire team end to end, don't make efficient passes, and get frustrated. Things turned around when they started moving a bit better and distributing the puck.

The two guys I've been most impressed with are Gogolev, Magee, and Hicketts. Gogolev has soem nasty mitts and brings a playmaking element they don't really have in the top 6. Magee could be the captain this year, seems to be an energizer for offense. Hicketts is incredibly smooth and efficient in the way he operates; I can't believe he's only 16. If he could grow a few inches and start pushing 6 feet, he could be a first rounder next year.

Attendance is pretty low though right now compared to where they were last year. I'm hoping that as they get on a roll, people will start rolling in.

Yep... They got worked for most of the first two periods, but took over near the end of the 2nd. As was the case on this past Sunday afternoon, they run into problems when they try too much individual stuff. Guys take it upon themselves to try and stickhandle through the entire team end to end, don't make efficient passes, and get frustrated. Things turned around when they started moving a bit better and distributing the puck.

The two guys I've been most impressed with are Gogolev, Magee, and Hicketts. Gogolev has soem nasty mitts and brings a playmaking element they don't really have in the top 6. Magee could be the captain this year, seems to be an energizer for offense. Hicketts is incredibly smooth and efficient in the way he operates; I can't believe he's only 16. If he could grow a few inches and start pushing 6 feet, he could be a first rounder next year.

Attendance is pretty low though right now compared to where they were last year. I'm hoping that as they get on a roll, people will start rolling in.

Hicketts' draft year is 2014. But still, he is a beauty. It would be awesome to see him go in the 1st round. It was also awesome to see Shinkaruk score a sick goal but the Royals still win ::D Also Gogolev is f***ing sick