The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Victoria Royals Thread

Rate this topic

Hannoun as had a very impressive start to the season, his vision on the powerplay has been exceptional. One thing that really stood out for me was how casual he was in the faceoff dot but at the same time dominated Kamloops centers this past weekend. The Royals will be a fun team to watch this season.

• Upvote 1

Royals 7 game win streak ends in OT Loss. :mellow:

DL6ZPycUQAABVnd.jpg

Coming Up Next – The Royals head out on a seven-game, 6,123-kilometre road trip starting in Spokane on Friday, October 13th,

Victoria will make stops in Seattle, Edmonton, Regina, Brandon, Saskatoon and finish in Prince Albert.

The Royals return home on Saturday, October 28th to battle the Vancouver Giants.

Edited by Mackcanuck

Royals pull off O/T win in Edmonton, Record now is WHL leading 9-1-1.

Now they hop on the bus to Regina to play Fri. night in Regina and hop back on the Bus for a game the next night in Brandon! :o

DMeIy0OVwAAca5R.jpg

Oh by the way, here is the bus, not too shabby for over $500K

Wrapped in Royals team colours and logos and measuring 45 feet long, the bus also tows a 20 foot trailer to be used for team equipment. The coach sleeps 30 passengers and will decrease total travel time for the team next season.

“With the travelling challenge of being on the island,” Royals’ owner Graham Lee said, “we felt the purchase of this bus was an investment in the health of our players as they will be able to maximize their rest, and it will also shorten the time spent on the road. We believe these factors will also play a role in promoting the success of the players in the classroom and on the ice. This is another step towards our goal of being a flagship franchise in the Western Hockey League.”

The bus seats up to 36 passengers in leather couches and comes complete with flat-screen televisions throughout, fridge and freezer, microwave, mobile internet, dual-zone climate control and a dedicated rear lounge.

bus.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

4-5.jpg

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The teddy bear toss game was awesome!  Royals won 10 - 3, which was a team record for most goals in one game.

Also, a big thanks to the Royals' staff.  My nephew accidentally slammed his fingers in the car door as we arrived at the game.  They were great getting us an ice pack for his injury, even though it didn't happen at the game.

We all had a great time at the game and can't wait for next year's teddy bear toss!  Apparently over 3,000 bears hit the ice.

Teddy Bear Toss.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

There has sure been a lot of trades lately... Arps, Peckford, Legien and now Nagy.  The Nagy for Strand deal is definitely one for the future, but in another deal they acquired Jensen for picks, which is more of a win now move.  The Legien deal in particular is just a head-scratcher to me.  I'm not sure what Hope is up to with these moves.

Another day, another trade...

http://victoriaroyals.com/article/royals-trade-for-andrei-grishakov-from-hitmen

This one is definitely more of a win soon type of trade.  I wonder if any of this has to do with bidding on the 2020 Memorial Cup.  I am sure that the bid will have to show that there is reason to believe the team will be competitive at the tournament and not just an also-ran.  Unless my math is off, it looks like several of these picks won't age out before then.  Just a theory.

EDIT - Nevermind.  The latest kids traded for were born in 1998 or 99.  It's the 2000 and 2001 born kids that will be important for a 2020 Memorial Cup.  Strand would be eligible but not Grishakov, Gregor, Grzybowski or Buziak.

Edited by goalie13

On 10/19/2017 at 9:51 AM, Mackcanuck said:

Wrapped in Royals team colours and logos and measuring 45 feet long, the bus also tows a 20 foot trailer to be used for team equipment. The coach sleeps 30 passengers and will decrease total travel time for the team next season.

“With the travelling challenge of being on the island,” Royals’ owner Graham Lee said, “we felt the purchase of this bus was an investment in the health of our players as they will be able to maximize their rest, and it will also shorten the time spent on the road. We believe these factors will also play a role in promoting the success of the players in the classroom and on the ice. This is another step towards our goal of being a flagship franchise in the Western Hockey League.”

The bus seats up to 36 passengers in leather couches and comes complete with flat-screen televisions throughout, fridge and freezer, microwave, mobile internet, dual-zone climate control and a dedicated rear lounge.

Can someone clarify how the new bus will shorten the time spent on the road?  Still the same distance from Victoria to PG to Brandon, no?  Is this bus somehow faster than the old one?  Were they walking from game to game before this bus or what?  Or is it because this bus has so many amenities on it no one's allowed off of it once they leave the rink:lol:

• 1 month later...

I just went to the Rockets and Oil Kings games.  You couldn't have had two more different games, although both went to OT.

The Rockets game was well played, close checking and intense.  In the Oil Kings game they seemed disinterested and sloppy.  You should never lose a game where you score 6 goals.  If they want to finish first they are going to have to take every game seriously.