The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Victoria Royals Thread

Rate this topic

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎15 at 7:30 AM, goalie13 said:

I just went to the Rockets and Oil Kings games.  You couldn't have had two more different games, although both went to OT.

The Rockets game was well played, close checking and intense.  In the Oil Kings game they seemed disinterested and sloppy.  You should never lose a game where you score 6 goals.  If they want to finish first they are going to have to take every game seriously.

I agree but it's hard to win games when you are missing Outhouse, Jarratt/Buziak, Jerome, Reddekopp, and De wit

Outhouse, Buziak, and Jarrat are back now and I heard Reddekopp out for 2-3 more weeks, De wit week-to-week, and Jerome has been a healthy scratch I believe.

Edited by Roberts
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roberts said:

I agree but it's hard to win games when you are missing Outhouse, Jarratt/Buziak, Jerome, Reddekopp, and De wit

I suppose, but at the time of the game the Oil Kings were the last place team in the entire WHL.  Even with all those guys missing, with 6 goals for, they should have been able to beat them.  What I saw however, was a half-hearted effort for two periods.  They started playing for real in the third but mistakes cost them the game.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2018-04-04 at 3:35 PM, goalie13 said:

Matthew Phillips.  7 playoff games - 6 goals, 10 assists.  14 of those points in the last four games.

Too bad he's Flames property.

He is definitely got the skill and the heart to play. He shows lots of skill and passion in his game and I think he will succeed in the NHL. However odds are still against him as he is only 5’7” and 156 pounds. As much as the NHL is moving towards speed and skill, his frame is still on the smaller side of the spectrum. Even if he is a Flames prospect, I still wish him the best. Cheering for the Royals locally, I want the organization to have a good reputation on producing NHLers.

I fear they are done for.  Outscored 11-1 in the two games at home and now down 3-0 in the series.  The entire TC team would need to catch the flu, then food poisoning, then mono in order for the Royals to make a come back in this one.

I watched game 2 on Saturday night and the Royals just do not have the skill to match up against the Americans. They had numerous PP opportunities, but didn't really muster anything after the first goal. Rasmussen had 4 points (3 goals 1 Assist) and was dominant each time he was on the ice. It's too bad the Royals don't have a NHL 1st round pick prospect on their roster...