Sign in to follow this  
Mr. White

Victoria Royals Thread

Rate this topic

Outhouse recorded his first AHL start & victory, and adding on to that it was against Hicketts (who had a few shots as well)

• Hydration 1

major trade, the royals are looking like a great team this year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Roberts said:
major trade, the royals are looking like a great team this year.

What do you think the chances are the new guys will be in the lineup vs Portland tomorrow?

I won tickets from CFAX today so I will be at the game.

10 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

What do you think the chances are the new guys will be in the lineup vs Portland tomorrow?

I won tickets from CFAX today so I will be at the game.

im not too sure, I would think they join the team either tomorrow or the next day. let's hope tomorrow!

Edited by Roberts

11 minutes ago, Roberts said:

im not too sure, I would think they join the team either tomorrow or the next day. let's hope tomorrow!

It just might be too quick a turnaround from getting traded.

I wonder if the 'no flying' rule applies for things like this, or do they have to take a bus to get here?

With the winds and the cancelled ferries today, I hope the Winterhawks are already on the Island.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, goalie13 said:

It just might be too quick a turnaround from getting traded.

I wonder if the 'no flying' rule applies for things like this, or do they have to take a bus to get here?

good news, he's there!

He is there and scored the OT winner!!

The Royals have never had an NHL 1st round draft pick in their line up

Now they do!! 

It's too bad that Tweet doesn't show the whole play.  I think the Royals may have got lucky on that one.  One of the Royals crashed into Hofer (with help from a Hawk) just before that goal.  Portland was confident it was goalie interference.  Both teams sort of hung around like they were waiting for it to be reviewed, but it never happened.  It was a weird ending.

I wish I was going again tonight.

Edit > I found the highlights.  OT starts at 3:18

Edited by goalie13

I heard about this in Saturday's game.

After getting a standing ovation from the Victoria Royals fans prior to the game, Portland's Joel Hofer refused to come out and salute the fans when he was named second star in Friday's game, because apparently he didn't like the overtime goal the Royals scored. Not very good sportsmanship from Joel Hofer, he lost a lot of respect from Victoria. When the opposing team's fans give you a standing ovation for a tremendous accomplishment, the least you can do is salute them after the game when you are named a star.

Edited by Roberts

16 minutes ago, Roberts said:

I heard about this in Saturday's game.  After getting a standing ovation prior to the game, he refused to come out and salute the fans when he was named second star in Friday's game. Apparently he just didn't like the overtime goal the Royals scored. Bad sportsmanship from Joel Hofer, he lost a lot of respect from Victoria fans

I didn't have a problem with it.  The kid's 19.  He played a stellar game and had a real case for goalie interference on that OT goal.  The refs wouldn't even look at it.

If anything, this is on the Portland coaches for not insisting he goes out.

On a side note, this was posted by Portland...