Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Mike Gillis on Team 1040 today (Oct 2, 2012)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,853 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Here's a rundown of what they talked about, after some small talk about fishing:

Perspective of lockout when he was an agent: different time now, fighting against salary cap then, trying to do what's best for game then and now.

Window of opportunity, a year could be gone: hopeful that's not the case, looking forward to get going. Miss working hard in market, have a good team, not able to do that now but have to look at bigger picture.

Positive having no one over in Europe now: agrees its a +, some concerns for those that do, injuries/insurance, medical/rink standard not the same as NHL, some risk involved, like with Nash getting injured.

ESPN 'Broke' documentary, how does it apply to hockey players: lesser extent in hockey compared to NFL/NBA, he's hopeful players get good advice and he'd recommend young players let him help invest rather than spend on 'friends' that come out of the woodwork.

1972, what do you remember as a 13 year old: not tarnished because of Eagleson, was a great experience watching and great way to start high school.

Not a lot new in this one, with the lockout they're starting to run out of good topics. No idea why they didn't ask more about the Wolves though and what he'd seen of our prospects so far.

Edited by elvis15, 02 October 2012 - 05:30 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#2 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

Do I hear crickets.......oh there goes a tumbleweed
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#3 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

Not a lot new in this one, with the lockout they're starting to run out of good topics. No idea why they didn't ask more about the Wolves though and what he'd seen of our prospects so far.

That pretty much sums it up. He and all his staff are in Chicago watching training camp, why he doesn't speak about standouts surprises me.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#4 canucklesmith

canucklesmith

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

B-Nap is awful. I wasn't a Dave Pratt till this guy showed up.

#5 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

Interesting. Thanks so much Gillis.

#6 K_9

K_9

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

Thanks for posting.... nothin really new here, but i agree with him i am glad that none of the canucks players are signed up overseas
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#8 Jay86

Jay86

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

Thanks for posting.... nothin really new here, but i agree with him i am glad that none of the canucks players are signed up overseas

apparenty hansen is on his way to denmark

#9 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,853 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

http://teamradio.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/MikeGillis_with_BMacAndTaylor_Oct2nd.mp3

Uh, you do realize I already put it in the original post right? You don't need to post it again.

apparenty hansen is on his way to denmark

It's not like we don't already have Jensen and Grenier over there, although it's a little different as they planned to regardless of a lockout. Hadn't heard anything about Hansen though, who's the source?

Edited by elvis15, 03 October 2012 - 09:07 AM.

#10 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

That pretty much sums it up. He and all his staff are in Chicago watching training camp, why he doesn't speak about standouts surprises me.

they didnt ask him so he didnt answer. what a terrible interview by bmac and taylor.

#11 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:25 AM

here we go again....
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#12 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,853 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

they didnt ask him so he didnt answer. what a terrible interview by bmac and taylor.

When they got to the end, and BMac said, "Just one more question for you," I was thinking why hasn't he asked about any progress at the Wolves training camp or anything related to that?

#13 Trelane42

Trelane42

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

Weak, weak interview; poor effort by the hosts. If there is nothing more to say about the lockout then at lest get some goods on the Wolves. I want to know who came into camp jacked and who is looking like they're coming off the Wellwood program.

#14 MLT

MLT

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

Posted Image

This sums up the interview pretty well.

Edited by MLT, 03 October 2012 - 09:53 AM.

Posted Image

#15 K_9

K_9

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

Uh, you do realize I already put it in the original post right? You don't need to post it again.

It's not like we don't already have Jensen and Grenier over there, although it's a little different as they planned to regardless of a lockout. Hadn't heard anything about Hansen though, who's the source?

Didn't see it sorry
Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,853 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

Didn't see it sorry

No worries, I just assumed you would have at least skimmed the OP before commenting.

#17 K_9

K_9

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

No worries, I just assumed you would have at least skimmed the OP before commenting.

God alright buddy I'm sorry I didnt frickin skim ur post. The last time a Gillis 1040 interview was on here the OP didn't have the audio clip, I wasn't doing it for you I was doing it for those who like to hear him say it for himself rather than a condensed overview of the interview.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 MLT

MLT

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

God alright buddy I'm sorry I didnt frickin skim ur post. The last time a Gillis 1040 interview was on here the OP didn't have the audio clip, I wasn't doing it for you I was doing it for those who like to hear him say it for himself rather than a condensed overview of the interview.

Elvis get a life. Who give's!!! You are the most annoying wannabe forum mod. JEES
Posted Image

#19 MLT

MLT

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

in b4 elvis comments on me quoting the wrong post

Posted Image

#20 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,853 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

I'm more annoyed at you being off topic and spamming the thread. Apparently me saying, "No worries," in my reply wasn't enough to keep from upsetting people.

#21 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,129 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

There is a hush on player related speach when speaking to the media. Probably just playing it safe by saying nothing at all about anyone. Too easy to get tricked, the media hounds are waitiing to pounce on anything these days.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#22 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,853 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

There is a hush on player related speach when speaking to the media. Probably just playing it safe by saying nothing at all about anyone. Too easy to get tricked, the media hounds are waitiing to pounce on anything these days.

Well, not really. In previous radio interviews (after the lockout) he's talked about the Edler and Burrows negotiations as well as having Jensen in Sweden, Kassian's off-season, Tanev in the AHL, Kesler's diving and what's up with Luongo.

There's no reason why he can't speak about a player, they just aren't supposed to speak to the players. They're in Chicago to speak with the Wolves coaches and observe their play.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.