Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Which scabs would you want on the Canucks?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,056 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

I'd watch the AHL, KHL or CHL before going replacement players (so many players nearing NHL ready in the A and CHL, KHL also has some decent names)

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#32 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,151 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

I'd watch the AHL, KHL or CHL before going replacement players (so many players nearing NHL ready in the A and CHL, KHL also has some decent names)

Well if good players from Europe want to come play here thats alright. After all, we have NHL players going over there. Not talking about European players that is.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#33 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,133 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

I will take Shane Falco! He played Quarterback once, so I don`t see why he could not transition on the ice.

Agreed. Sign Usain Bolt. If Raymond wasn't already expendable, he certainly is now.
Posted Image

#34 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

This would be a B-List league at best. European League and NHL rejects.
I'm sure they would still charge a hefty amount for tickets, not to mention food and beverages in the rink.
I would much much much rather go watch a WHL or AHL game for a fraction of the price and not a much lower skill level.
If they actually do this it would ruin any credibility the NHL has left.
Posted Image

#35 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,151 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

This would be a B-List league at best. European League and NHL rejects.
I'm sure they would still charge a hefty amount for tickets, not to mention food and beverages in the rink.
I would much much much rather go watch a WHL or AHL game for a fraction of the price and not a much lower skill level.
If they actually do this it would ruin any credibility the NHL has left.

Are you saying you wouldn't try out? :bigblush:

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#36 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

Are you saying you wouldn't try out? :bigblush:

I would never make anyone endure having to pay to watch me play hockey.
That would be some real poor calibre NHL hockey.

Edited by Jagermeister, 02 October 2012 - 11:57 PM.

Posted Image

#37 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,151 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

Not even to raise that Cup? :bigblush:

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

#38 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

Not even to raise that Cup? :bigblush:

Any team with me would be a looooonng way off winning any cup.
Posted Image

#39 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,151 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:09 AM

Any team with me would be a looooonng way off winning any cup.

Not if the other team has me on there team... lol

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

#40 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

what's a scab? :blink:

In a nutshell:

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

rsz_theylive.jpg 11477626583_2368927097.jpg  7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#41 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

In a nutshell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME48DbhIn_0

That video is so yesterday... :lol:

2yyb7lj.jpg

#42 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,408 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

Agreed. Sign Usain Bolt. If Raymond wasn't already expendable, he certainly is now.

would we need replacement coaches too? if so I'm nominating patches o'houlihan. he'd be a perfect fit.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#43 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,119 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

Since a goodly number of existing NHLers are SCABBING in Euroland right now I have no problem with the NHL hiring new SCABS to replace them. You can be pretty much guranteed that after 2 months of play the existing NHL players will drift back to their teams. Suggesting the NHLPA would start another league is interesting but a dream.

#44 smithers joe

smithers joe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

the hanson brothers and augie olglethorpe

#45 Dirt Nasty

Dirt Nasty

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

Imagine if they brought in replacement players and the lockout ended up lasting the whole season, then the scab-canucks went on to the win the stanley cup, oh man I would LOL.
Posted Image

#46 rawkdrummer

rawkdrummer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

I'm following the Wolves till the strike ends.
Replacement players won't be any better and besides that bluff is never going to happen.
I'm mean really, who's going to shell out BIG $$ to watch replacement players???
Bettman and Daly are doing their impression of Laurel and Hardy and I'm laughing at them not with them.

Edited by rawkdrummer, 03 October 2012 - 09:02 AM.

#47 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,603 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

Since a goodly number of existing NHLers are SCABBING in Euroland right now I have no problem with the NHL hiring new SCABS to replace them. You can be pretty much guranteed that after 2 months of play the existing NHL players will drift back to their teams. Suggesting the NHLPA would start another league is interesting but a dream.

How are the NHL players scabbing over in Europe?

I don't really agree with them going over and taking jobs from other players (apart from maybe an odd exception where they're playing for their own/hometown/previous team), but the players aren't on strike. They aren't crossing their own strike line, nor is there a strike line in Europe where they'd be replacing locked out players there.

The NHL has locked them out so they can do what they like in the meantime.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#48 CowtownCanuck

CowtownCanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

No one. I'd just watch the Giants instead, or take a trip to Chicago to see the Wolves.

#49 Floodtech

Floodtech

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

The only way the owners can bring in SCABS is if the players were on strike, it was the owners that locked out the players therefore the owners can not bring in replacement players.

#50 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

what players would even want to accept that job.. they would ruin any chance of ever playing in the NHL after it is back from a lock out.
imagine having to sit beside someone like Lucic, chara, eager, etc in a locker room after just a year or two earlier you were a scab to replace them.......now imagine having to be on the Ice with them on the other team.

any scab players would have to have no chance at ever making or returning to the NHL and at that point it is not worth watching.
KHL and AHL would be better options heck even WHL would be better talent

but like has been said already the players are not on strike

Edited by surtur, 03 October 2012 - 04:31 PM.

Release The KraKassian
Posted Image

#51 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

I'm perfectly content to watch the Blazers and what I can of the Wolves, and when the lockout ends I'll go back to watching the Canucks

but I'll never watch replacements.

Edited by GodzillaDeuce, 03 October 2012 - 04:41 PM.

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#52 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,451 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

I would watch them play.

That's how desperate I am.

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#53 GarthButcher5

GarthButcher5

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Better off going down to the nearest arena and watching a beer league or kids hockey than watching scabs. Anyone who would ever work as a scab is the lowest common denominator.

#54 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

The NHL should start the process right away. It will take weeks and maybe a couple of months to get all the approvals to bring in the replacement players.

I would definitely watch the NHL with replacement players. It would be kinda like watching the AHL. Pretty good hockey. Might not be elite but good enough for now.

This may help break the union and getting the real NHL'rs back on ice sooner than later . I'd love to see a CBA that makes all teams profitable or break even.

Edited by WHL rocks, 03 October 2012 - 11:23 PM.

#55 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:08 AM

If these talks on replacement players continue and if they even begin to talk contracts with scabs this lock out would end in a heart beat. These NHLP are hurting as it is...Sure they are sticking to their guns but it will fail. I am pro owner...

I would defintely watch the RP's only because it would mean my full support to my Canucks...I am for the team not those under obligation to play for the team because they can be replaced...."Kesler"

As for the current NHLP starting their own league....laughable! They do not have the deep pockets...

#56 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,119 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

what players would even want to accept that job.. they would ruin any chance of ever playing in the NHL after it is back from a lock out.
imagine having to sit beside someone like Lucic, chara, eager, etc in a locker room after just a year or two earlier you were a scab to replace them.......now imagine having to be on the Ice with them on the other team.

any scab players would have to have no chance at ever making or returning to the NHL and at that point it is not worth watching.
KHL and AHL would be better options heck even WHL would be better talent

but like has been said already the players are not on strike

If you were Brandon Reed and had lost your job in Europe to a NHLer who won't agree to play for less in N. America but will do so in Europe why wouldn't you go to a NHL team. I guess i cannot blame NHLers for going to Europe but then the reverse would be true for the Reed's out there. The concern about sitting in a dressing room after a settlement wouldn't be a big deal IMHO.

The classic example has to be how does a Shea Weber go into a Nashville dressing room and sit next to a guy making $600K and is on the bubble. Weber $10 Mil, bubble guy sent back to the AHL and making $60K on a two way.

#57 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,087 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

Maybe this is the real reason why we hired Cloutier..
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#58 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Owen Nolan
Todd Fedoruk
Manny Legace
Steve Begin
Dave Scatchard
Ronald Petrovicky
Mark Parrish
Jason Blake
Dwayne Roloson
Marco Sturm
Brad Lukowich
Marty Turco
John Grahame

Here is a list of guys who are recently retired/will likely retire who would probably lace-em-up one last time. There are also guys like Cliff Ronning who might come back for a season.

Edited by canucklehead44, 04 October 2012 - 05:12 PM.

Sig too big.

#59 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

I saw a guy on rollerblades last week that could probably win the cup before the Canucks..............Sorry just getting a little bitter over the lockout, i feel better now.

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#60 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

Since scab's arn't very popular, why not go get the biggest one out there!

Posted Image

Seeing how he's still collecting 6 million*

*Was not meant to beat that dead horse (6 mil)
virtus junxit mors non separabit.

Hockey season must be back on, the crazies are coming out again....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.