The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which scabs would you want on the Canucks?

Slegr

Since a goodly number of existing NHLers are SCABBING in Euroland right now I have no problem with the NHL hiring new SCABS to replace them. You can be pretty much guranteed that after 2 months of play the existing NHL players will drift back to their teams. Suggesting the NHLPA would start another league is interesting but a dream.

I'm following the Wolves till the strike ends.

Replacement players won't be any better and besides that bluff is never going to happen.

I'm mean really, who's going to shell out BIG $$ to watch replacement players???

Bettman and Daly are doing their impression of Laurel and Hardy and I'm laughing at them not with them.

Since a goodly number of existing NHLers are SCABBING in Euroland right now I have no problem with the NHL hiring new SCABS to replace them. You can be pretty much guranteed that after 2 months of play the existing NHL players will drift back to their teams. Suggesting the NHLPA would start another league is interesting but a dream.

what players would even want to accept that job.. they would ruin any chance of ever playing in the NHL after it is back from a lock out.

imagine having to sit beside someone like Lucic, chara, eager, etc in a locker room after just a year or two earlier you were a scab to replace them.......now imagine having to be on the Ice with them on the other team.

any scab players would have to have no chance at ever making or returning to the NHL and at that point it is not worth watching.

KHL and AHL would be better options heck even WHL would be better talent

but like has been said already the players are not on strike

The NHL should start the process right away. It will take weeks and maybe a couple of months to get all the approvals to bring in the replacement players.

I would definitely watch the NHL with replacement players. It would be kinda like watching the AHL. Pretty good hockey. Might not be elite but good enough for now.

This may help break the union and getting the real NHL'rs back on ice sooner than later . I'd love to see a CBA that makes all teams profitable or break even.

If these talks on replacement players continue and if they even begin to talk contracts with scabs this lock out would end in a heart beat. These NHLP are hurting as it is...Sure they are sticking to their guns but it will fail. I am pro owner...

I would defintely watch the RP's only because it would mean my full support to my Canucks...I am for the team not those under obligation to play for the team because they can be replaced...."Kesler"

As for the current NHLP starting their own league....laughable! They do not have the deep pockets...

what players would even want to accept that job.. they would ruin any chance of ever playing in the NHL after it is back from a lock out.

imagine having to sit beside someone like Lucic, chara, eager, etc in a locker room after just a year or two earlier you were a scab to replace them.......now imagine having to be on the Ice with them on the other team.

any scab players would have to have no chance at ever making or returning to the NHL and at that point it is not worth watching.

KHL and AHL would be better options heck even WHL would be better talent

but like has been said already the players are not on strike

Owen Nolan

Todd Fedoruk

Manny Legace

Steve Begin

Dave Scatchard

Ronald Petrovicky

Mark Parrish

Jason Blake

Dwayne Roloson

Marco Sturm

Brad Lukowich

Marty Turco

John Grahame

Here is a list of guys who are recently retired/will likely retire who would probably lace-em-up one last time. There are also guys like Cliff Ronning who might come back for a season.

Archived