The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dumping garbage on the side of the road

Harbinger

My friend told me that it is much better for the environment if people would just go back to scattering garbage everywhere rather than to create these enormous garbage dump catastrophe's. His argument is that little piles of garbage throughout towns will both feed the rats and wildlife as well as lessen the footprint of the concentrated landfill.

Do you agree?

Not one single bit. That's all we need is to feed the rat population and encourage and help sustain them. And wildlife do better if we don't interfere by feeding them, as they too will become dependent and it changes their behavior.

No - there is definitely a reason we shouldn't just dump our garbage around town. Also imagine how people would take advantage of that - it would become a free for all. Dirty diapers? Sure, why not?

My friend told me that it is much better for the environment if people would just go back to scattering garbage everywhere rather than to create these enormous garbage dump catastrophe's. His argument is that little piles of garbage throughout towns will both feed the rats and wildlife as well as lessen the footprint of the concentrated landfill.

Do you agree?

I think it's just an excuse for your friend to just litter...

Seriously. Tell him to travel to China; that'll show him... There's dead rats all over the place. I found a rat in a restaurants bathroom once.

Never again will I travel to China. Place is a complete dump.

Completely disagree, we should be looking for ways to actually lessen the waste, instead of scattering it everywhere.

I love the new compost/recycle/garbage system we have set up, and really hope people stick with it

Archived