47 replies to this topic

#31 Haikara

Haikara

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

Landfills provide a controlled environment where garbage can decompose with minimal air and water pollution.

Just dumping stuff on the side of the road would have adverse impacts on nearby wildlife, plant life, and water bodies.
Take a look at documentaries in developing countries where garbage is dumped everywhere. There is practically no clean water, diseases spread easily, and it's visually polluted as well.
Posted Image

#32 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,769 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

Tell your friend to watch this simple instructional video:

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#33 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,302 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

Post your friends address so we can dump all our garbage at his place and see how quickly he'll change his mind.

I like the way you think...

#34 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,576 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

I think your friends logic is garbage.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#35 Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Posted Image

Your friend sounds like he's a few legos short of a full set.

#36 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,901 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

Obviously this idea is dumb, we can all agree on that.

But I do often think that throwing organic garbage somewhere in the city (where it can't be seen, like under a bush) is better than throwing it in the trash. Like if I'm eating a banana on the street, I'll throw the peel under a hedge or something, where it can decompose aerobically rather than anaerobically in a landfill.

#37 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

Obviously this idea is dumb, we can all agree on that.

But I do often think that throwing organic garbage somewhere in the city (where it can't be seen, like under a bush) is better than throwing it in the trash. Like if I'm eating a banana on the street, I'll throw the peel under a hedge or something, where it can decompose aerobically rather than anaerobically in a landfill.

yeah much smaller foot print this way. Smart Idea as well as giving soil some new nutrients.

Posted Image

#38 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

My friend told me that it is much better for the environment if people would just go back to scattering garbage everywhere rather than to create these enormous garbage dump catastrophe's. His argument is that little piles of garbage throughout towns will both feed the rats and wildlife as well as lessen the footprint of the concentrated landfill.

Do you agree?

Am guessing your friend is from a different country and doesn't care about cleanliness and rats. It is a pretty stupid idea and will harm the health of residents just to "lessen the footprint" of concentrated landfill.

Is this what your friend wants?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

Your friend is an idiot!

I don't get why people feel they have the right to throw their garbage everywhere. I was coming out of Subway in Guildford the other day and this Chinese kid around 17 or so just threw the bag from his sub on the ground and continued walking.

I do a tonne of walking these day, as I am rehabbing from back surgery and I see a lot of garbage just thrown out in parking lots with garbage cans just feet away, it's pathetic.

They should just send him packing to China. That kid doesn't deserve to live in a clean city like Vancouver.

Posted Image

#40 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,428 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

Am guessing your friend is from a different country and doesn't care about cleanliness and rats. It is a pretty stupid idea and will harm the health of residents just to "lessen the footprint" of concentrated landfill.

Is this what your friend wants?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks clean.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#41 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

Was walking my dog through a park a week ago and saw some idiots cleaning garbage out of their car right on to a sidewalk and grass about 10'-15' away from a garbage can, right in the park. Disgusting.

You should've told those people to put their garbage in the garbage can.

Posted Image

#42 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

Looks clean.

It actually does look clean in terms of Indian standards lol! There were other pictures that I could've posted with more garbage.

Posted Image

#43 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,651 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

People also need to understand that cigarette butts are also garbage. The filters don't biodegrade like people think.

Posted Image

#44 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,729 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

the posts in here crack me up

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#45 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,302 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

People also need to understand that cigarette butts are also garbage. The filters don't biodegrade like people think.

or that they can easily start a fire. Kid at the bus stop today just threw his half lit cigarette on the grass to get on the bus. Bus driver made him get off and put it out. Considering the lack of rain in the past couple months and the color of the grass, pretty sure it would have started a fire.

the posts in here crack me up

care to elaborate?...

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 04 October 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#46 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

I'm all for dumping garbage at his place as one poster suggested.

Also, I feel like taking a dump there too on his front lawn. No big deal. It is better for the environment since his lawn gets nutrients and the sewers are less dirty.
Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#47 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,682 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

We should be burning ALL of our garbage and making electricity.

“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#48 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

It actually does look clean in terms of Indian standards lol! There were other pictures that I could've posted with more garbage.

That's pretty misleading.

Posted Image

Posted Image
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.