The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks charity game OCT 17th

AriGold

Chris Johnston@reporterchris

Kevin Bieksa will host a charity game in Vancouver on Oct. 17 with the Sedins, Hamhuis, Malhotra, Lapierre, Schneider and others.

Brad Ziemer@BradZiemer

Tickets for Bieksa's Buddies charity game vs UBC TBirds on Oct. 17 are $20 each plus service charges.

Locked out Vancouver Canucks defenceman Kevin Bieksa will be joined by current and former teammates for the Bieksa’s Buddies charity game versus the UBC Thunderbirds men’s hockey team on October 17.

The game will be held at UBC’s Doug Mitchell Sports Centrea at 7 p.m. Tickets will go on sale on Saturday through Ticketmaster.

Net proceeds from the game will benefit Canuck Place Children’s Hospice, Canucks Autism Network, and the Canucks Family Education Centre.

Bieksa will be joined by Daniel and Henrik Sedin, Dan Hamhuis, Manny Malhotra, Max Lapierre, Cory Schneider, 2012 Stanley Cup Champion Willie Mitchell and others.

“We understand that there are many people impacted by the NHL lockout and we know charities such as Canuck Place Children’s Hospice, Canucks Family Education Centre, and Canucks Autism Network need funds to continue operating their progras,” said Bieksa. “These organizations do great work for our community. It is important for my buddies and I to lend a hand and with the help of the UBC Thunderbirds we have the perfect opportunity to do so.”

Tickets can be purchased by logging on to www.ticketmaster.ca or by calling 1-855-985-5000.

For more information go to www.gothunderbirds.ca/bieksasbuddies

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/health/Bieksa+Buddies+charity+game+against+Thunderbirds/7338101/story.html#ixzz28GkZWzoC

Classy move making it a game for charity. I'll definitely be going.

Even though I'm sure ticketmaster will be raping everyone with service charges. Bastards added a $18.75 service charge to $125 Steel Panther tickets for New Years Eve

It's stories like this (along with the Sedins donation to children hospital and Hamhuis' recent donation to Ronald McDonald house) are just so inspiring. It shows that there really are some players out there that truly care. Sure they have more money than most of us so giving a chunk like they do to charity would not affect them as much as if the avergae person does but still. It doesn't matter how much you give, it truly is the thought that is so inspiring.

Good on them, I hope they film a bit of it and upload on here. Would be a good watch :)

Archived