112 replies to this topic

#31 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

Bought mine too. It sucks that you cannot choose the empty seats but rather are pre-assigned..

#32 Kakanucks

Kakanucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

Bought mine too. It sucks that you cannot choose the empty seats but rather are pre-assigned..

True it would be nice to select our own seats, but at least we won't have people going super early and putting jackets on all the good seats and then wait for their buddies =]

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#33 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,650 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

Yea! In.

I like that they're assigned seats vs a mad dash of maniacs. Just happy to be in the building, as it'll feel almost like hockey.

There's an additional "processing fee" of $2.50 as well (+$25.49).

Posted Image

#34 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,952 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

looks like it's sold out now..

#35 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

True it would be nice to select our own seats, but at least we won't have people going super early and putting jackets on all the good seats and then wait for their buddies =]

Yeah, but what I meant was that picking seat online through Ticketmaster, where they show you which seats are available, as a blue dot. Is that for hockey games? I've seen it for other things.

#36 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

looks like it's sold out now..

Damn, I didn't know that it would be sold out in the first hour, as I don't think it got much publicity. But at the same time, there is a capacity of 5,000 seats.

#37 Kakanucks

Kakanucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

Yeah, but what I meant was that picking seat online through Ticketmaster, where they show you which seats are available, as a blue dot. Is that for hockey games? I've seen it for other things.

Oh yea, I know what you mean! I had to re-search a couple of times trying to get better seats, gave up after 3 times since the results were all pretty much the same haha

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#38 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

Oh yea, I know what you mean! I had to re-search a couple of times trying to get better seats, gave up after 3 times since the results were all pretty much the same haha

Yeah, I was trying to get centre ice but didn't kept trying and finally gave up and got next to centre ice.

#39 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,952 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

anyone know which side is the bench? i got center ice but not sure if by bench or penalty box

#40 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,650 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

No, not true...at least they're still showing single seats in section 113.

Posted Image

#41 Stick-in-Rink

Stick-in-Rink

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,528 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

Oh god it's sold out.. Didn't know within 2 hours it would be all gone. Frack my life

#42 Kevin-B

Kevin-B

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Very cool of Bieksa and others to be very proactive in the community.
No way I can make it even if tickets are still available but I would like to show my support in the form of a donation.

#43 sedinsassassins

sedinsassassins

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

Does anyone know who else will be playing in Bieksa's charity event other than Higgins, Lapierre, Bieksa, the Sedins, Schneider, Mitchell, Raymond, Hamhuis and Malhotra?
Go Canucks Go

#44 wastamaga33

wastamaga33

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

i was glad to see bieksa and daniel sedin calling out the leaches ( i mean scalpers ) that have taken advantage of a inititive by bieksa and his buddys to raise some much needed financial resources to canucks place and a few of the other causes that canuck players regularly raise funds for

as bieksa says " its not the way i was raised but those guys are the ones who have to live with it "
daniel " if thats the case they should be embarrassed "

#45 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

We can blame the scum of the earth (scalpers) for it selling out so fast. Tickets are going for 100-150.....
Posted Image

#46 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,650 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

I've never understood why scalpers are allowed to stand outside the venue, buying/selling tickets? Is there not more that can be done to prevent scalping? It really is a shame....I once lined up in the wee hours to buy Save On More tickets that were designated (at that time) for kids. You had to have a valid C-Force membership in order to purchase them and a scalper showed up right behind me and bought 8 sets of tickets for various games. No C-Force membership and it was obvious he was a scalper, as he called his buddy who'd obviously gone to another location to ask "which games did you get" in order to coordinate/cover as many premium games as possible. I offered him my two cents on the way out.

Especially when it's a charity event....they should have people give a name/reference when buying tickets and then show ID - I'd be all for it. I mean, in the event that the rightful ticket owner/purchaser couldn't go, they'd have to have something in place for that. But it's too easy for scalpers to practice their trade and rip off the rest of us.

Posted Image

#47 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

I've never understood why scalpers are allowed to stand outside the venue, buying/selling tickets? Is there not more that can be done to prevent scalping? It really is a shame....I once lined up in the wee hours to buy Save On More tickets that were designated (at that time) for kids. You had to have a valid C-Force membership in order to purchase them and a scalper showed up right behind me and bought 8 sets of tickets for various games. No C-Force membership and it was obvious he was a scalper, as he called his buddy who'd obviously gone to another location to ask "which games did you get" in order to coordinate/cover as many premium games as possible. I offered him my two cents on the way out.

Especially when it's a charity event....they should have people give a name/reference when buying tickets and then show ID - I'd be all for it. I mean, in the event that the rightful ticket owner/purchaser couldn't go, they'd have to have something in place for that. But it's too easy for scalpers to practice their trade and rip off the rest of us.

Couldn't be better said!
Posted Image

#48 theo5789

theo5789

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

Pretty easy to screw the scalpers, don't buy off them and they've already made the donation to charity.
VanWhitecapsFC YouTube Page

Also mycanucksdotca on YouTube

#49 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,952 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

lots of events are going paperless now especially for the good seats.. u need to swipe in credit card to get in....

#50 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,185 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:44 AM

Kevin Bieksa@kbieksa3

100% proceeds to charity, bid & win tickets to Bieksa's buddies and Cory, Willie, Sedin's and my jersey http://bit.ly/USpS0U #bieksasbuddies

#51 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

Glad Juice and Dank called out the lame ass scalpers reselling tickets for a CHARITY game.

What a bunch of jackasses.

RIP LB RR PD

#52 Kevin-B

Kevin-B

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

We had a similar incident with scalpers for Toy Story on ice or something to that effect in Everett. I thought that was tacky
considering it was a kid's event but scalping tickets for a charity game has to take the cake.
Maybe Bieksa and company can introduce themselves for a few moments outside the event,haha.
On a more positive note,what an awesome cause and great to see so many players joining this event.

#53 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,952 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

any info on who else will be playing tmr???

#54 Taelin

Taelin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

Hey, is anyone going? I have a seat in sec 106.

#55 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

i got 5 tickets :towel:

#56 Taelin

Taelin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

i got 5 tickets :towel:

Sweet! Where are you sitting?

#57 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

any info on who else will be playing tmr???

Bieksa, Sedins, Willie Mitchell, Schneider, Lapierre, Hamhuis, Higgins, Malhotra, Micahel Bublé, Jim Vandermeer, Tanner Glass, Rod Pelley. Those are the names i've heard not sure if it's official

Bieksa's dad will be reffing too lol

#58 Taelin

Taelin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

According to this, Bieksa has 3 lines and 5 defensemen.

#59 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,952 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

Bieksa, Sedins, Willie Mitchell, Schneider, Lapierre, Hamhuis, Higgins, Malhotra, Micahel Bublé, Jim Vandermeer, Tanner Glass, Rod Pelley. Those are the names i've heard not sure if it's official

Bieksa's dad will be reffing too lol

cool... i kinda want more bigger names there... oh well..

#60 GSS Corp.

GSS Corp.

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Do you guys know if I will be allowed to bring in my DSLR for this event?
Posted Image

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.