The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks charity game OCT 17th

AriGold

i was glad to see bieksa and daniel sedin calling out the leaches ( i mean scalpers ) that have taken advantage of a inititive by bieksa and his buddys to raise some much needed financial resources to canucks place and a few of the other causes that canuck players regularly raise funds for

as bieksa says " its not the way i was raised but those guys are the ones who have to live with it "

daniel " if thats the case they should be embarrassed "

I've never understood why scalpers are allowed to stand outside the venue, buying/selling tickets? Is there not more that can be done to prevent scalping? It really is a shame....I once lined up in the wee hours to buy Save On More tickets that were designated (at that time) for kids. You had to have a valid C-Force membership in order to purchase them and a scalper showed up right behind me and bought 8 sets of tickets for various games. No C-Force membership and it was obvious he was a scalper, as he called his buddy who'd obviously gone to another location to ask "which games did you get" in order to coordinate/cover as many premium games as possible. I offered him my two cents on the way out.

Especially when it's a charity event....they should have people give a name/reference when buying tickets and then show ID - I'd be all for it. I mean, in the event that the rightful ticket owner/purchaser couldn't go, they'd have to have something in place for that. But it's too easy for scalpers to practice their trade and rip off the rest of us.

I've never understood why scalpers are allowed to stand outside the venue, buying/selling tickets? Is there not more that can be done to prevent scalping? It really is a shame....I once lined up in the wee hours to buy Save On More tickets that were designated (at that time) for kids. You had to have a valid C-Force membership in order to purchase them and a scalper showed up right behind me and bought 8 sets of tickets for various games. No C-Force membership and it was obvious he was a scalper, as he called his buddy who'd obviously gone to another location to ask "which games did you get" in order to coordinate/cover as many premium games as possible. I offered him my two cents on the way out.

Especially when it's a charity event....they should have people give a name/reference when buying tickets and then show ID - I'd be all for it. I mean, in the event that the rightful ticket owner/purchaser couldn't go, they'd have to have something in place for that. But it's too easy for scalpers to practice their trade and rip off the rest of us.

We had a similar incident with scalpers for Toy Story on ice or something to that effect in Everett. I thought that was tacky

considering it was a kid's event but scalping tickets for a charity game has to take the cake.

Maybe Bieksa and company can introduce themselves for a few moments outside the event,haha.

On a more positive note,what an awesome cause and great to see so many players joining this event.

Archived