The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The BIG Move

Snake Doctor

Just a little advice for all you guys that will be moving into a new place in the near future. I have always moved myself and rented a 5 ton truck and done the work myself with friends. This time around I hired a moving company and it was a real treat. It only cost me $533 to hire the movers and I just sat down and pointed to where my furnature need to be placed. I felt it was cheeper and less stress to have the movers take care of the move for me. Previously, it would cost about $175 to rent the truck and a small fortune to fill my friends bellys full of beer after the move. Plus all the agrivation of packing the stuff before the move. Hopefully this advice will help anyone thinking it's easier and cheeper to move yourself.

I just borrowed a friend's truck and asked a couple of friends and family for help. It worked out perfect. I like my friends and family so buying them beer and cooking some pulled pork was automatic.

Movers always break something in a move. Unless they are Johnny Shirt Tucked in with a Grin, you are getting guys in transition.

You have to pay half a grand to get anyone bonded.

Movers are great. I remember one move in which it took 5 of us about 30 minutes to figure out how to get the couch into the house (tight corner at entrance way). This also involved removing the door from the hinges. When moving out I hired movers.......they made it look like they were just moving a coffee table out :lol:

I just borrowed a friend's truck and asked a couple of friends and family for help. It worked out perfect. I like my friends and family so buying them beer and cooking some pulled pork was automatic.

Movers always break something in a move. Unless they are Johnny Shirt Tucked in with a Grin, you are getting guys in transition.

You have to pay half a grand to get anyone bonded.

Just a little advice for all you guys that I will be moving into a new place in the near future. I have always moved myself and rented a 5 ton truck and done the work myself with friends. This time around I hired a moving company and it was a real treat. It only cost me $533 to hire the movers and I just sat down and pointed to where my furnature needed to be placed. I felt it was cheeper and less stress to have the movers take care of the move for me. Previously, it would cost about $175 to rent the truck and a small fortune to fill my friends bellys full of beer after the move. Plus all the agrivation of packing the stuff before the move. Hopefully this advice will help anyone thinking it's easier and cheeper to move yourself.

Archived