The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Official NHL 13 Thread

Erik Karlsson

Has anyone else noticed that unless you edit him, Yakupov never does very well?

I have him in by Be a GM Connected, and after one year he is still only 65 Overall. I also noticed in my Be a Pro that he was only 70 Overall after 3 years.

On the other hand, Huberdeau and Sven Bartschi both get up into the mid to high 80's after 1 year.

I've also seen a whole bunch of pluggers go up 10 or 15 overall after 1 year despite having only 3 star potential.

The potential system is weird.

October 1, 2015

Canucks roster:

D. Sedin (91) - R. Kesler (88) - R. Nash (88)

N. Horton (84) - B. Gaunce (87) - A. Galchenyuk (83)

C. Higgins (82) - J. Stoll (80) - V. Stalberg (81)

C. Greening (75) - P. Regin (76) - J. Hansen (79)

A. Edler (88) - J. Morrissey (87)

D. Hamhuis (88) - C. Barker (84)

K. Bieksa (83) - M. Stuart (80)

C. Schneider (84)

D. Tokarski (75)

Top Prospects:

J. Patterson, G (65, 5.0*)

D. Hamilton, D (74, 4.5*)

T. Crunk, LW (63, 4.0*)

N. Jensen, RW (71, 4.0*)

L. Bystrom, D (76, 3.5*)

J. Juvonen, G (73, 3.5*)

October 1, 2015

Canucks roster:

D. Sedin (91) - R. Kesler (88) - R. Nash (88)

N. Horton (84) - B. Gaunce (87) - A. Galchenyuk (83)

C. Higgins (82) - J. Stoll (80) - V. Stalberg (81)

C. Greening (75) - P. Regin (76) - J. Hansen (79)

A. Edler (88) - J. Morrissey (87)

D. Hamhuis (88) - C. Barker (84)

K. Bieksa (83) - M. Stuart (80)

C. Schneider (84)

D. Tokarski (75)

Top Prospects:

J. Patterson, G (65, 5.0*)

D. Hamilton, D (74, 4.5*)

T. Crunk, LW (63, 4.0*)

N. Jensen, RW (71, 4.0*)

L. Bystrom, D (76, 3.5*)

J. Juvonen, G (73, 3.5*)

I dunno. Gaunce stayed in Junior year one, then jumped to 78. I played him on the 3rd line in year 2 and he scored 47 points.

Been disappointed with how slow Dougie and Jensen have come a long, but I think they should both by on my roster next year.

Advice for everyone. Draft Josh Morrissey in the top 5 in 2013. He scored 17 goals in his rookie year for me after 1 year back in junior. In his 2nd year he is a 87 and has 10 goals in 30 games so far.

Also you can get a 5 star goalie in Jay Patterson 1st overall in 2015. I've been disappointed that Schneider's overall hasn't improved after back to back Vezina's so I wanted to make sure I got this guy.

One thing that bugs me is when you play goalie in BAP, is that when you're down by one with a minute and a half left, you don't get called to the bench for the extra attacker. Then with under 20 seconds left and down by two, the coach decides to pull you. Has this happened to anyone before?

Yakupov destroys at 79 overall, Not like I made him 90 overall. I guess it's more realistic him being 77 overall after 6 years.... I mean, he only scored like a hat trick in his first KHL game. :picard:

And Champions of nothing I only edit the ones who will most likely be stars ( Yakupov,Mackinnon,etc,) so they become stars, I usually leave like Dumba, Murray, Reinhart, and stuff how they are, maybe with a little bit of editing so they become decent players but not always a star. Huberdeau,Gaunce,Rielly,Galchenyuk,Bartschi all become super good so I dont touch them. Even if you edit some players so they're a lot better the potential system is wack so they sometimes end up being a bust anyways, so it evens out.

I edit Jensen and Schroeder so they make the team after 1 year, Jensen is a 77 overall after his 1st year and only goes up 1 overall each year, so I think that's a lot more realistic then him taking like 4 years to crack the team..after 4 years he's usually an 80 which isn't bad.

My current Hut team:

Abdelkader-Laich-Fehr

Paajrvi-Malhotra-Anisimov

Tatar-Matthais-Madden

S.Thornton-G.Campbell-Ashton

B.Campbell-J.Carlson

Cowen-Salo

Tallinder-L.Schenn

C.Anderson

M.Biron

I know it's not that great of a team, but it's not that bad considering I dont play much. I did sell Landeskog for 16,000 pucks, which I regret.

And 2 shooutout goals, with the shootout winner, even though it doesn't count as a hat trick. Hence why I said "like". Third game, whatever, It was pretty much his first real game, after all the drama with his CHL team, not sleeping, being scratched, and not getting that much ice-time in his first two. He plays on one of the best teams also as an 18 year old and seems to be doing pretty well now that he doesn't have to worry about anything.

and it's Yakupov, but I guess you were, like, close.

Archived