The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Official NHL 13 Thread

Erik Karlsson

Yea. Even though its not exactly the best TOTW, I checked it out and I think these were his lines

from what I remember

Ovechkin - Couture - Semin

Mueller - Anisimov - ????

Parros - ???? - Clutterbuck

Zetterberg - Giroux - ????

Campbell - Karlsson

Streit - ????

???? - ????

Nabokov

Not exactly TOTW calibre IMO. I think mine could challenge his

Neal - Crosby - Horton

Carter - Richards - Gretzky

Hartnell - Anisimov - Simmonds

Landeskog - Dubinsky - Williams

Hamhuis - Doughty

J. Johnson - Letang

Gardiner - Larsson

Halak

Lehtonen

I only spent 4 PSN cards and again got ridiculous luck with packs.

Your's is pretty solid. If you were able to sell Fleury, (I usually see him go for 50K) you could have a very good team. That's like me with Gretzky, Horton and Letang, I could sell them for a combined 200K+ :(

You could save up and get a great goalie for 15,000

I see Fleury 88 overall going for 15k all the time

And don't blow your money on packs. They only give you 80 overall players. When i said depth I meant like my team 83s on the 4th line

So I just completed my first online game. My team has a bunch of 4th line scrubs, AHLers, and prospects with the exception of Sami Salo and goaltender Henrik Karlsson. I was matched with a team that had Seguin, Nugent-Hopkins, Bobby Ryan, Michael Ryder, Oshie, Elias, Paajarvi, Pronger, Seabrook, Whitney, Mcdonaugh, Gunnarsson and Khabibulin. Essentially a really good team that on paper would completely destroy my 1st line of Volpatti ~ Ebbet ~ Ashton.

I ended up losing 1-0 in the dying seconds of overtime on a breakaway goal. I was dominating the play the whole entire game too!

So, from a noob HUT player, should I save up for a good NHLer or should I buy packs?

So I just completed my first online game. My team has a bunch of 4th line scrubs, AHLers, and prospects with the exception of Sami Salo and goaltender Henrik Karlsson. I was matched with a team that had Seguin, Nugent-Hopkins, Bobby Ryan, Michael Ryder, Oshie, Elias, Paajarvi, Pronger, Seabrook, Whitney, Mcdonaugh, Gunnarsson and Khabibulin. Essentially a really good team that on paper would completely destroy my 1st line of Volpatti ~ Ebbet ~ Ashton.

I ended up losing 1-0 in the dying seconds of overtime on a breakaway goal. I was dominating the play the whole entire game too!

So, from a noob HUT player, should I save up for a good NHLer or should I buy packs?

Updated lineup

Forwards:

P.M.Bouchard(83)-M.Koivu(87)(Assistant Captain)-J.Ortemeyer(80)

A.Ladd(85)-M.Savard(83)-P.Dwyer(81)

T.Moen(82)-L.Eller(83)-M.Raymond(83)

J.Jacques(81)-Z.Stortini(79)-M.Beaudoin(80)

Defense:

C.Ehrhoff(87)(Captain)-T.Hickey(81)

D.Seidenberg(82)-K.Bieksa(84)

B.Lebda(80)-Y.Weber(80)

Goalies:

Cory Schneider(86)

H.Karlsson(82)

I bolded the new players, and also my team is now 4.5 stars. I acquired those three new players with 13000 pucks, was it a good idea?

Please comment on what i should improve on

My GM mode Canucks roster. Year 3 I think

Benn(89) - Galchenyuk(87) - Huberdeau(90)

Neal(85) - Gaunce(87) - Jordan Staal(86)

Kassian(78) - Jensen(76) - Brett Connolly(79)

Grigerenko(77) - McKinnon(66) - Kamaev (76)

Edler(88) - Ekman-Larsson(89)

Sauve(84) - Ryan Murray(87)

Tanev(84) - Simpson(78, 4* potential from most recent draft)

Korolyuk(81 4.5* potental, 1st overall pick last year)

Lack(82)

My GM mode Canucks roster. Year 3 I think

Benn(89) - Galchenyuk(87) - Huberdeau(90)

Neal(85) - Gaunce(87) - Jordan Staal(86)

Kassian(78) - Jensen(76) - Brett Connolly(79)

Grigerenko(77) - McKinnon(66) - Kamaev (76)

Edler(88) - Ekman-Larsson(89)

Sauve(84) - Ryan Murray(87)

Tanev(84) - Simpson(78, 4* potential from most recent draft)

Korolyuk(81 4.5* potental, 1st overall pick last year)

Lack(82)

Don't do this if you're not good enough

If you want easy pucks, just keep playing the rookie tournament and blowing them out. The bonus in the end balances it out and you don't get a losing record

Also, buy a bunch of 50-100 puck 80+ players instead of buying contracts at first. It will add up in the long run.

Search the market for steals too, not everyone is good with prices and you can use that to your advantage. I've found Nuge for 800 pucks, Havlat for something like 1000, Landeskog for 500 etc

Archived