The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Official NHL 13 Thread

Erik Karlsson

Guest Gumballthechewy

This. I ended up with 30 wins and was only 3rd worst. Plus throw in a handful of OT losses, and that 78 is nw 84-88

Ha ha! Yeah, I know right? I made the playoffs with 75 points once. Teams just don't seem to powerhouse in this game.

Actually, I was just having some fun so I threw all the legends onto the Canucks for fun, here were the lines:

Kurri (91) - Gretzky (95) - Nash (87)

Gilmore (88) - Lemieux (97) - Kesler (88)

D. Sedin (91) - H. Sedin (90) - Roenick (88)

Burrows (83) - Lapierre (78) - Kassian (78)

Edler (88) - Webber (90)

Hamihus (88) - Bieksa (84)

Ballard (81) - Barker (81)

Hasek - 94

Luongo - 89

With a superstar line up like that you'd think I'd be #1 in the leauge, dominate the playoffs and lead all scoring right? Nope! The top goal scorer on the team was Kesler with 33 goals and was ousted in the first round of the playoffs. (To the Sharks...)

Here's the top five players on my team, none of which cracked the top 10 in scoring:

Gretzky - 21G 44A 65P

Kesler - 33G 29A 62P

Lemieux - 30G 24A 54P

Weber - 9G 36A 45P

Gilmore - 14G 27A 44P

Gretzky and Lemieux should be over point per game players with their ratings.

Although I have noticed some years a team just does worse, I'm starting year two so I'll see what happens.

Guest Gumballthechewy

:picard: EA is so stupid...

Just like my Columbus GM, full of 90s on the 1st and 2nd lines and 1st and 2nd pairings, and high 80s on the third and fourth lines and third pairing. also two elite goalies in net. didn't even win the presidents and I lost in the first round, wtf.

It's like having a team full of superstars over one or two doesn't make much difference.

I should try these lines:

Lemieux - Gretzky - Crosby

Ovechkin - Datsyuk - Kurri

Kolvachuck - Malkin - Nash

Gilmore - Kesler - Roenick

Keith - Webber

Edler - Hamihus

Chara - Doughty

Hasek

Luongo or Lundqvist

If I don't win the Presidents Trophy, the Stanley Cup have most of my players in the top 10 in scoring and pretty much win every trophy in the NHL, then EA has made a flawed product.

I'm not even being vain, that's pretty much some of the best players in the leauge plus six legends. Two if which where the two best players to have ever touched a puck.

Speaking of legends, why isn't Bobby Orr in the game?

Guest Gumballthechewy

Bobby Orr is known to be a very shy guy, so I doubt he would agree to having himself in a hockey game. He didn't even agree to a biography

Haha I just got Duncan Keith for 14.5K pucks, decent as he usually goes for 16-18K. Team is looking special now....

....in other news I played a team with Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Datsyuk, Letang, Phaneuf, Chara, Price, and more.....-.-

Guest Gumballthechewy

Well I've found that 3 end up with a depth player/3rd liner <80 overall. 3.5 is usually good impact players, with 4 being stars and obviously 4.5 are superstars

Guest Gumballthechewy

haha I usually make it like 8 years into it then end up restarting. I always end up trading the Sedins, I don't like them in the game lol.

I always trade for Tarasenko, Yakupov, Schultz

Archived